Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting lipstick Vanilla Truffle

Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting  lipstick Vanilla Truffle

3.3

on 12/12/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got it as a gift I still regret not testing on the counter before putting it on, so that I can determine if I need to return it.

The package is lovely, the smell is nice, the finish is satiny but not obnoxious, the application is easy. The texture is very creamy and I didn't like it so much, it feels extremely buttery, like it's going to melt from your body heat and it moves along the lips too much.

I don't know about the staying power, because I didn't leave the house with it. The colour makes me look dead. No kidding. Dead on my feet. Washes me out so badly it's not even funny. I should have known that. My skin leans towards fair and cool toned and I know this looks great on women with medium tan warm skin, because it looks lovely on a friend of mine with that skin. I can't explain what came over me and I tested it at home.

Tried it with a couple of different liners, but had no luck, because the lipstick pigmentation overpowers the liners. Only way to make it work was to mix it with other lipsticks, but I find that tiring. Anyway, I gave it to my friend who can use it.

on 8/19/2014 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Almost the perfect nude lipstick, for me. I pair it with a mauve lipliner or else it washes me out a bit. All in all a great quality lipstick with good moisture, nice scent and satin finish. I amp it up by putting either a pink or coral lipgloss on top of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

So wanted to love this product!
No matter how much I exfoliate and moisturise my lips, this lipstick looks SO dry. Lovely colour for S/S but just cannot get it to look good on my lips :(

on 2/5/2009 12:39:00 AM

i love love love love love loveeee this lipstick.. it is the best nude color i have ever found ..It has very nice and creamy texture and vitamins for your lips, it's totally a nude beige color without any pink..it lasts a long time look good with my tan and without!!

on 7/15/2008 8:25:00 AM

This is THE bomb - looove this colour. My only regret is not discovering this beauty sooner. The texture is quite thick and creamy - nice on the lips. The scent is very strong and perfumey which it could so do without!! This colour is a very pale nude, almost close to skin colour - very Mary Kate Olsen style and looks awesome with smokey eyes.

on 2/28/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best nude color I've found ...so far. It goes well with my cool skin tone. It isnt drying -which is a major plus. Although I never use this by itself. I always apply a balm underneath (obviously), and I also apply a pink gloss -either before or after this lipstick. If I use it straight up by itself, it looks like concealer. The pink gloss gives it just enough color so that I dont looked washed out. It is difficult for me to find a nude that is moisturizing, and ...not too muddy, not too orange, not mauve, not too light, and not too dark. I tried many MAC nude lipsticks, and they were all too drying. Even though MAC has great colors, shriveled up lips are not appealing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have searched high and low for a lipstick this great. I found alot of nude's to be too brown or too peachy or too pinky but this is just right for my skin tone. I was at the YSL counter looking for the perfect nude when a sales assistant from Estee Lauder came over to me and said that she had the perfect nude and here it is! I love love love it :)

I'm a NC40 MAC and I use this lipstick over lipbalm and very done up smoky smoky cat eyes. It's so hot!

I've been wearing this lipstick for the past week and I have decided I hate it. I dont know if it's because I'm pregnant and moody but the colour has somehow changed on me. It may be that the lipbalm I apply underneath is ready to be tossed. I'll try again with a more fresh balm and see how that goes but right now I am disliking the chalky wet too white appearance this has given me.

The only gripe I have is it retails for AU$45 so it's a little expensive for some (I laugh when some of the reviewers here complain they had to pay $20 for a lipstick..that's cheap compared to australian prices lol) but that's ok for me considering I really want a nude so I didnt mind how much I paid as long as I got exactly what I wanted. I'm not dirt poor so spending $45 for a lipstick that should last 6 months is not bad at all.

Same as review below. I've been on the hunt for my perfect nude..so I went to the counter and tried a couple out on my hand this one looked perfect but when I got home and tried it, it just looks white almost its soo pale..and washes me out which sucks...the texture is so moisturizing and comfortable but doesn't last long. sorta like a gloss almost..the smell was amazing also. so disappointed! I wanted this to work soo much for me. sadly it does not.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know, but I'm not seeing any pink in this one. I asked my BF for this for Christmas based on the reviews here and I am SO disappointed! It totally washed me out and made my face look sorta jaundiced. It has the trademark lovely EL figgy scent and the beautiful packaging, but the color just doesn't work for me. Bummah.