Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting lipstick Vanilla Truffle

Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting  lipstick Vanilla Truffle

on 11/16/2006 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ladies run fast and get this lipstick if your in the hunt for the perfect nude shade. This will be my sig color, finally found that perfect nude. It's what I wanted MAC Hue to be and Guerlain Kiss Kiss 540 Envie de beige to be. I'm a PPP cool tone. To describe the color it's pinky beige without being too pink or too blah. I saw a model in a magazine wearing it and finally broke down and bought it. Price is $23 and you have that classy EL case. And it has that yummy fruity scent and very moisturizing. My lips feel so soft and it has been a few hours. This is definetly going on my X-mas list, I have to have a back-up. You won't regret it so hurry and find one.

This is what I wanted Mac's Myth to be.
It is a very light beige pink.
Perfect.
Just perfect.
After all these years, this is finally the color I have been looking for.
Thank you Estee Lauder for getting it right!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know, but I'm not seeing any pink in this one. I asked my BF for this for Christmas based on the reviews here and I am SO disappointed! It totally washed me out and made my face look sorta jaundiced. It has the trademark lovely EL figgy scent and the beautiful packaging, but the color just doesn't work for me. Bummah.

Same as review below. I've been on the hunt for my perfect nude..so I went to the counter and tried a couple out on my hand this one looked perfect but when I got home and tried it, it just looks white almost its soo pale..and washes me out which sucks...the texture is so moisturizing and comfortable but doesn't last long. sorta like a gloss almost..the smell was amazing also. so disappointed! I wanted this to work soo much for me. sadly it does not.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

When first applied it is a shockingly beige pale pink that makes you look like you dabbed some crest toothpaste on your lips if you apply it like any other lipstick, but if you put a very minimal amount on and spread it with your finger it can be a very pretty beige with a hint of pink color

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have searched high and low for a lipstick this great. I found alot of nude's to be too brown or too peachy or too pinky but this is just right for my skin tone. I was at the YSL counter looking for the perfect nude when a sales assistant from Estee Lauder came over to me and said that she had the perfect nude and here it is! I love love love it :)

I'm a NC40 MAC and I use this lipstick over lipbalm and very done up smoky smoky cat eyes. It's so hot!

I've been wearing this lipstick for the past week and I have decided I hate it. I dont know if it's because I'm pregnant and moody but the colour has somehow changed on me. It may be that the lipbalm I apply underneath is ready to be tossed. I'll try again with a more fresh balm and see how that goes but right now I am disliking the chalky wet too white appearance this has given me.

The only gripe I have is it retails for AU$45 so it's a little expensive for some (I laugh when some of the reviewers here complain they had to pay $20 for a lipstick..that's cheap compared to australian prices lol) but that's ok for me considering I really want a nude so I didnt mind how much I paid as long as I got exactly what I wanted. I'm not dirt poor so spending $45 for a lipstick that should last 6 months is not bad at all.

on 12/27/2007 1:58:00 PM

i've been searching for a great nude lipstick forever and finally found it! this lipstick is perfect. i find it to be very moisturizing and long lasting without being sticky. i recommend this for those who like the 'cover-up on the lips' look..but sooo much better!

on 2/28/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best nude color I've found ...so far. It goes well with my cool skin tone. It isnt drying -which is a major plus. Although I never use this by itself. I always apply a balm underneath (obviously), and I also apply a pink gloss -either before or after this lipstick. If I use it straight up by itself, it looks like concealer. The pink gloss gives it just enough color so that I dont looked washed out. It is difficult for me to find a nude that is moisturizing, and ...not too muddy, not too orange, not mauve, not too light, and not too dark. I tried many MAC nude lipsticks, and they were all too drying. Even though MAC has great colors, shriveled up lips are not appealing.

on 3/10/2008 3:59:00 PM

I am not a fan of nude lipsticks since they remind me of young girls with too much eyemakeup and it also make me look dead. This on the other hand, I absolutely LOVE. I read about it in some magazine and had to try it. It's beige, but with a touch of pink, just enough to make me look alive. I always carry this around in my purse since it's great for any occasion and any kind of eye makeup. Will def repurchase! For the record, I'm a PPP (EMs fairly light) with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Love this nude colour! Looks great with really "done" eyes, but also anything else. Goes on quite thick, though. I like to rub it in with my pinky for a more blended-in look. Smells good, too. EDIT Still love the colour, smells awesome and all that, but really tough to wear. It always goes into the creases in to my lips and starts to look cakey. I have soft, not scraggy, lips, too. No dried skin or anything. I usually put a bit of vaseline before to try to help the drying out properties of this, but really, I just want to slap it on and go. And even then it looks crap after a short while. So beautiful when you first put it on. It's too bad. If anyone can make this work, please let me know!!!!!