Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting lipstick Vanilla Truffle

Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting  lipstick Vanilla Truffle

3.6

on 12/12/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got it as a gift I still regret not testing on the counter before putting it on, so that I can determine if I need to return it.

The package is lovely, the smell is nice, the finish is satiny but not obnoxious, the application is easy. The texture is very creamy and I didn't like it so much, it feels extremely buttery, like it's going to melt from your body heat and it moves along the lips too much.

I don't know about the staying power, because I didn't leave the house with it. The colour makes me look dead. No kidding. Dead on my feet. Washes me out so badly it's not even funny. I should have known that. My skin leans towards fair and cool toned and I know this looks great on women with medium tan warm skin, because it looks lovely on a friend of mine with that skin. I can't explain what came over me and I tested it at home.

Tried it with a couple of different liners, but had no luck, because the lipstick pigmentation overpowers the liners. Only way to make it work was to mix it with other lipsticks, but I find that tiring. Anyway, I gave it to my friend who can use it.

on 5/1/2009 5:08:00 PM

My first Estee Lauder lipstick and I am officially in love. This is the best ultra nude lipstick I have found. Its creamy, moisturising and a looks gorgeous on my skintone with and without fake tan. It doesn''t make my teeth look yellow either. I have been wearing this almost constantly since purchasing and I am extremely impressed with the quality of the lipstick. I love a nude lip and this is my favourite true nude yet.

on 1/17/2009 8:20:00 PM

Gorgeous color!!! This has become my Holy Grail pale nude lipstick. Natural, soft, and very sexy.

on 2/28/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best nude color I've found ...so far. It goes well with my cool skin tone. It isnt drying -which is a major plus. Although I never use this by itself. I always apply a balm underneath (obviously), and I also apply a pink gloss -either before or after this lipstick. If I use it straight up by itself, it looks like concealer. The pink gloss gives it just enough color so that I dont looked washed out. It is difficult for me to find a nude that is moisturizing, and ...not too muddy, not too orange, not mauve, not too light, and not too dark. I tried many MAC nude lipsticks, and they were all too drying. Even though MAC has great colors, shriveled up lips are not appealing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have searched high and low for a lipstick this great. I found alot of nude's to be too brown or too peachy or too pinky but this is just right for my skin tone. I was at the YSL counter looking for the perfect nude when a sales assistant from Estee Lauder came over to me and said that she had the perfect nude and here it is! I love love love it :)

I'm a NC40 MAC and I use this lipstick over lipbalm and very done up smoky smoky cat eyes. It's so hot!

I've been wearing this lipstick for the past week and I have decided I hate it. I dont know if it's because I'm pregnant and moody but the colour has somehow changed on me. It may be that the lipbalm I apply underneath is ready to be tossed. I'll try again with a more fresh balm and see how that goes but right now I am disliking the chalky wet too white appearance this has given me.

The only gripe I have is it retails for AU$45 so it's a little expensive for some (I laugh when some of the reviewers here complain they had to pay $20 for a lipstick..that's cheap compared to australian prices lol) but that's ok for me considering I really want a nude so I didnt mind how much I paid as long as I got exactly what I wanted. I'm not dirt poor so spending $45 for a lipstick that should last 6 months is not bad at all.

Popular Lipsticks