Ojon Hydrating Thickening Spray

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Ojon Hydrating Thickening Spray

3.2

on 9/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

It's just ok. It does give me a little volume but not enough to make me buy it again. I didn't like that soapy feeling when you apply it on wet hair and I think it takes longer to dry it out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

$30 is a bit much, but its SO worth it. I tried cheaper volumizing/thickening sprays but nothing compares to this. My hair is pretty fine, this gives it more oomph without being greasy or sticky. I spray it on towel-dried hair and then blow dry. Followed with Elnet hairspray and whoa volume! I get complements (even from guys) when I do this combination.

on 6/29/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Although it looks funny, because it has little floating particles in the spray, I do think it does a good job plumping up my very fine color-treated hair. The directions say to only use about 4 sprays, but I use about 5 or 6. I didnít feel like 4 was enough for me, and I do have pretty short hair. I spray it close to my scalp, all over my head, then I use both hands and rub it in and around with my fingers. After that, I take a wide-tooth comb and comb it through my hair. By the way, itís an excellent alternative to a detangler. It smells so good, in my opinionÖsorta like coffee beans. I then immediately blow-dry, then flat iron my hair, and Iím very impressed with the results. Very silky, sleek and smooth! Granted, it is expensiveÖand I donít know if Iíll repurchase (simply because of the price). Yet, if price werenít a factor, Iíd definitely repurchase.

on 12/21/2007 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sooooo disappointed by this product. Having used and loved Ojon Rub Out on my fine, oily rooted hair I hoped that this would give me lots of volume for my poor flat hair. Well, sorry but it was rubbish. I've tried applying it sparingly, generously and moderately and each flipping time it made my hair flat and greasy. Whats with this mexican oil that they keep ranting about and WHY do they put it in a volumising product?? I understand that its supposed to condition your hair but for very fine hair, oil of any kind weighs it down terribly and makes it look oily, which this did to the tenth degree. Perhaps it might be ok if your hair is dry and fine or very curly but if you've got fine hair thats prone to oiliness this product is best avoided as it really doesn't give any volume and will weigh hair down with its oil content. This is going straight in the bin...

on 3/27/2007 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this after the Hydrating and Thickening shampoo and conditioner. I use the maximum 4 sprays they recommend, massage it in and comb through. I also use a few sprays of Bumble and Bumble afterwards. The B&B has MAJOR alcohol and I feel the Ojon spray helps to counteract the brittleness of this. I absolutely love everything Ojon. Other than the Suave deep cleaning shampoo that was recommended on this site, I have not used any other products on my hair in a year (except the B&B spray). I have shoulder-length, fine, thin hair and my best friend (who has known me since I was a young teenager) commented that she had never seen my hair look or feel so thick.

on 3/25/2007 9:39:00 AM

This was just ok for me. I still like Bumble and bumble better. I liked the smell though. UPDATE: I am getting major flat head from this. Will not repurchase.