Ojon Hydrating Thickening Spray

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Ojon Hydrating Thickening Spray

3.1

on 12/14/2008 8:33:00 PM

Gee, I really like the other Ojon products and was primed to love this one, but for my hair, this was a complete waste of $30. I normally use Bumble & Bumble thickening spray (which does a good job), but wanted to try something new. While this spray makes your hair shiny, it creates NO VOLUME whatsoever. We're talking none. Sadly, this was an expensive mistake which I will not repeat.

on 4/22/2008 10:16:00 PM

I purchased one of the Ritual kits and this was one of the products in it. I have fine, straight hair and absolutely none of the products in the kit worked, including the thickening spray. What a complete waste of money.

on 12/21/2007 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sooooo disappointed by this product. Having used and loved Ojon Rub Out on my fine, oily rooted hair I hoped that this would give me lots of volume for my poor flat hair. Well, sorry but it was rubbish. I've tried applying it sparingly, generously and moderately and each flipping time it made my hair flat and greasy. Whats with this mexican oil that they keep ranting about and WHY do they put it in a volumising product?? I understand that its supposed to condition your hair but for very fine hair, oil of any kind weighs it down terribly and makes it look oily, which this did to the tenth degree. Perhaps it might be ok if your hair is dry and fine or very curly but if you've got fine hair thats prone to oiliness this product is best avoided as it really doesn't give any volume and will weigh hair down with its oil content. This is going straight in the bin...

on 3/25/2007 9:39:00 AM

This was just ok for me. I still like Bumble and bumble better. I liked the smell though. UPDATE: I am getting major flat head from this. Will not repurchase.

on 1/14/2008 9:58:00 PM

I returned this one. I got it on the basis of MUA reviews, which were very good at the time, but have since fallen. It added a little conditioning, but cheapo coconut oil emulsified with water does that even better. I noticed no thickening, and though I only tried it a few times before returning it, I think I'd have used it up way more quickly than I usually use hair products.

on 9/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

It's just ok. It does give me a little volume but not enough to make me buy it again. I didn't like that soapy feeling when you apply it on wet hair and I think it takes longer to dry it out.

Not thickening or volumising as promised, but I love it nonetheless. I use it as a leave-in conditioner, and for that purpose it works great. My hair is prone to dryness and breakage, and Ojon products help combat damage without making my hair look greasy.

on 3/9/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this definitely makes your hair appear thicker and more voluminous. Only problem I had was that combing it out afterwards, it can be kind of sticky. Don't use too much, a little goes a long way. It lasts forever, and does it's job well.

One of the best volumizers I've found for my thinning, baby fine hair (my hair is so thin I can't even use mousse--it just looks limp and dirty). I spritz 3-4 squirts at my roots near the part and finger comb through before blowing dry. Doesn't leave brittle sticky clumps like other volumizers usually do (even B&B Thickening Spray, the only other one I like). The fragrance is nice but strong. It's also on the pricey side.

my hair is very fine and a little on the thin side. i use this product on my hair after i towel-dry. i use 4-6 sprays- i have long hair. it makes a noticable difference in volume without a lot of odor or sticky residue.