COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.9

on 3/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

The product wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. The powder gave me an over all summer glow because of the golden shimmer. I dusted it over my foundation and concealer but it didn't give me much of an impression. It rubbed of after 2 hours and the packaging was so bad that it left me speechless. I use it now to quickly dust it on my arms and legs in the summer for a shimmery tanned look.

on 2/9/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I know I'm the minority...but I LOVE this loose powder! I just use a concealer over any blemishes I might have, then use a fluffy brush to apply this powder and my face is glowing and beautiful!!!! I will say, these run very dark, I use Fair and I've got a decent tan! Also, yes there is noticeable shimmer, but that's why I love it. The golden shimmer is only noticeable up close, but blurs imperfections and creates that baby skin kinda glow! It's not cakey, and minimizes pores, and helps absorb oil. One tub will last forever, but I'd definitely repurchase when I run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My first problem with this product was trying to find the right shade. My aquasmooth and my pressed powder from covergirl are two completely different shades. My AS was a 420, my pressed powder a 240 and this powder I bought in 410. Now, my aquasmooth was way too light for me but my pessed powder was even lighter! How is this possible if it's getting darker as the number gets higher? I really don't know. Anyways, I thought this powder was too dark. I could only use this when it's summer time since it'll match my color then. When I first used this, I applied it all over my face once and didn't see a difference. So, I added another layer (not thick either). I still didnt see a difference then I went to school and my face looked so orange and dark! I don't know what happened on my way to school but it was embarassing. I ended up having to wipe it off my face which was no problem. The next day, I only used one layer, which was still too dark for me but throughout the day, if I touched my face for a quick second, I ended up having glitter all over my hands. It came off so easily and my face is not that oily. Anyways, I don't recommend this at all. I think it's a waste of money and you'll end up with a different colored face with glitter all over it.

on 6/25/2008 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OKAYY SO LIKE I MEAN I USE THIS PRODUCT IT WORKS WELL ...BUT IT WONT LAST FIVE HOURS BEFORE IT STARTS TO GET OILY ON MY SKIN..WELL FIRST I HAD PREVIOUS ACNE SO I HAVE DARK SPOTS I USE CONCEALER GREAT COVERAGE BUT ..THEN I APPLY THE TRUBLEND AND IT GOES GREAT I HEAD TA WORK OR TO THE MALL AND EXPECT THIS TO LAST IT DOES NOT I FEEL LIKE I JUSS PUT BABYOIL ALL OVER MY NOSE AND CHEEKS ..SO I AM DEF LOOKING FOR A NEW PRODUCT ANY SUGGESTIONS..??

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how cover girl tries to deceive customers by saying this has minerals when it's talc based with minimal minerals. plus, theres mineral oil and parabens in this powder. i only bought this because i got cover girls trublend bronzer in golden sunrise for under $5 and it works so well for me and i love it and thought i might feel the same about this.
it's not cheap either at just under $11CND at walmart.
i mind the super fine sparkle particles in this. i got it in translucent medium and it suits my tan skin tone alright.
i actually dont mind the puff thing that comes with it however, it does pick up too much powder, therefore i dont use it often. it's not that great of a setting powder...
also, the top of this is soo hard to get off, i gotta twist and turn and hope it doesnt crack open and make an even bigger problem.
i wont buy this again mainly because of the price along with the misleading claim of minerals, along with it being talc based with parabens and mineral oil..
covergirl is such a fraud.
too glittery which is far from luminous!!!! waste of money for me.
new york color's translucent powder is WAY better for more than half the price of this garbage!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product isn't very good. It covers very nicely at first, and skin looks flawless. After about 2 hours it makes your skin very very oily, I would swipe my finger down the bridge of my nose and my finger would then be wet and very shiny. If you have dry patches, or if you picked at your face and theres a little scab, the makeup will stick right to it and make it extremely noticable. The only thing this is good for is covering up redness. So you can be red and dry or even and severely oily.

on 7/2/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm an nc 35-40 and was looking for a light-coloured powder to set my concealer and highlight the eye area, so I decided in the translucent light, bad choice. I could live with the shimmer because it's light if the colour were right. However this powder is just too dark and heavy even for me. I'd recommend it to light-complexioned ladies who are looking to add a tanned glow to their faces. I did also find it pricy for a covergirl product