COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/9/2007 10:15:00 AM

I see a lot of negative reviews for this product but I really like it. Like other users I have used BE in the past. I had a tub of the BE warmth but I always found it too dark for my fair complexion. I found a solution with this powder. I popped open the top of the BE warmth and added some of the CG Translucent Fair. I created my HG bronzer! Its a little lighter and has a little shimmer now. I also like the powder on its own, it adds a little color and shimmer. Its nice if you wear a matte foundation like I do.

I like this product when my skin is oily but when i have dry patches it sticks to them making my skin extremely uneven. I love the shimmer its a very nice touch. The colors are definitely off. I used the translucent fair and it wasn't fair at all. It would be nice in the summer but i wouldn't be able to wear it any other time.

on 2/12/2008 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous powder with a nice texture. I purchased in Shimmering Sands, intending to use as a blush/body shimmer, but I've wound up lightly dusting it all over my face after using as a contour.

Do not use the useless puff that comes with it, use a powder brush. It has a lovely pearly finish, I am prone to rashes, inflammation and breakouts on my otherwise oily face and the shimmer really takes the attention away from uneven skin texture.

The packagaing can get a bit messy but it has never made a mess in my bag. As with all loose powders, you get a bit on your clothes but it's easy to brush off.

It's also easy to reapply when it's worn off, and doesn't look too bad. On me it lasts about 4 hours before I need to reapply. I will repurchase in different colours.

on 3/2/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product was really not that great. For my oily skin with medium pores, it seems to highlight my blackheads and make my face shiny pretty quickly. The puff really sucks....it picks up way too much powder. Would not repurchase.

I would really love this stuff if they made it to be less shimmery! It's almost like wearing glitter on you face. I love the feel of it, but not the glitter look.

on 6/21/2008 1:54:00 AM

This is my official summer powder! I purchased in transparent light and while I do notice the hint of orange to the powder, it works for me. I run on the fair side (NC20) and a lot of powders tend to accentuate my pallor, but this one warms my complexion nicely. I don't notice any shimmer or glitter to it, but it does help further blend out my flaws. I actually use the powder puff that comes with the product because it feels nice across my skin and does a good job of distributing the product. For best use, sprinkle some powder into the lid and rub the puff into the lid to pick up the product.

on 8/19/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lots of powder, just shimmery enough for summer. It will make my nose matte for a while but after a few hours, it gets oily looking again. I don't like the powder puff that comes with it, it applies too heavily.

on 9/5/2008 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. I'm not very good with makeup, so the fact that this is very sheer and forgiving is great for me. At first I didn't like the big puff, but now that I've learned how to maneuver it, it's fine. I use it alone, without foundation. I have pretty good skin to begin with, so I just use this to even out my skin tone when I start getting paler in the winter. The only problem is that it is a little bit orange-y, so you need to be really careful about applying it lightly, or else you'll look like you fake-baked! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FAIL! I tried this because I love the rest of the Trublend line SO much. The whipped foundation and the pressed powder are HG products. This makes me look like someone got mad at me and threw glitter in my face. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy, well, I would. It's that bad. Good for 11 year old girls, not adults or almost-adults.

on 7/7/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin haaates this product. I used it a couple times and my face broke out like crazy. Worse than it has in a long time and it's gonna take another couple days for my poor skin to detox! I wore it for a few hours in the evening and it did not even look good at all by the end of the night. Did nothing for my oily t-zone and made the other areas look overly dry. The first ingredient is talc and it also contains some parabens and mineral oil (mineral oil = BAD for your skin!) It is not oil-free or non-comedogenic. This stuff did not work for me!!

EDIT: Did some research. This contains Isopropyl Myristate. Comedogenicity of 5 and causes grade 1 and grade 2 cosmetic acne.