COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I have a love/hate relationship with this powder.
I love that it keeps my oil under control during the day.
I hate the sparkles! drives me nuts
I hate that if you use just a hair too much you can look orange.
I love that its very blendable

Overall, I probably will buy this again if I can't find a better powder.

on 12/10/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

*to the tune of the Conga line whatever thinger*

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!

on 5/10/2011 4:01:00 AM

you get a lot of product for the price. there arent many colors to choose from. i used to use this powder when i was younger..and have recently rediscovered it. it is quite shimmery but i dont really mind it. i have it in the color translucent light....and for a "light" powder it is pretty dark..a lil too dark for me but ive been blending it in real well. i use it with my elf complexion brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder! It makes my skin look nice and glowy. Alone it covers up my pimples somewhat so it has somewhat good coverage. I dont really care for the sparkle,but I dont mind it.

on 2/9/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I know I'm the minority...but I LOVE this loose powder! I just use a concealer over any blemishes I might have, then use a fluffy brush to apply this powder and my face is glowing and beautiful!!!! I will say, these run very dark, I use Fair and I've got a decent tan! Also, yes there is noticeable shimmer, but that's why I love it. The golden shimmer is only noticeable up close, but blurs imperfections and creates that baby skin kinda glow! It's not cakey, and minimizes pores, and helps absorb oil. One tub will last forever, but I'd definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 1/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Meh... I won't say it was an awful product, but it wasn't fabulous.
I bought this when a) I had no money -- I think it was only around $8.00 CAD or something? and b) when Walmart -- the great store that it is -- didn't have alot of other choice of powder.
To start, it's messy. I hate the powder puffs that come with the package, so being ever so smart, I threw it away, keeping in mind that I had a real powder brush. Not a good idea. Now, I cannot take this product in my travels because the lid will fall off (poor packaging) and the powder will come through the holes and get everywhere. And it's sparkly... I guess a down side of CoverGirl, more targeted for 11 year olds I suppose...
I did like this because it was light, matched my fair skin tone (I bought the 005 Translucent Fair), and it was cheap.
I will not be buying this again, but it was too bad

on 12/11/2008 9:26:00 PM

This product is awful! I can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's wayyy too shimmery, no i take that back it's not shimmer its pretty much glitter! I don't want glitter all over my face. I've used this one time then threw it out. My 16 year old sister didn't even want it cause she said it was too glittery too! I will never buy this again.

I don't think this is a good quality powder, especially in the mineral makeup world. I don't find it spreads very well, and gives an uneven finish. And even though my foundation matches my skin perfectly, and I had the lightest shade of this powder, when I layered it over my foundation I looked way too dark and orange! It's OK for setting make-up and I don't mind the sparkles, it absorbs enough oil so that I don't look shiny. It's cheap, and the packaging isn't the greatest but then again, all loose powders are sort of messy. I might give it 2.5 if I could... However, I think you can find a much better mineral powder, even on a budget.

I bought this in Translucent Fair. I am very fair and cooler toned and wear translucent and translucent fair in Physician's Formula. This shade was way too dark and orange on me. This probably works better over foundation than on bare skin, as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, but it is still not a good match for me. This is also a little too shimmery for my taste and with the packaging and puff it seems hard to get the right amount for application. I only tried this a few times and stopped. I later discovered the Physician's Formula powders and wear them regularly. I do like the Cover Girl TruBlend in Pure Romance (pink) and Shimmering Sands (peach-pink) for wearing over foundation but really did not care for this powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the bad reviews on this, I love it. The shimmer doesn't bother me too much because it's very subtle. It blends really well and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.