COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE:
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 3 out of 5

After using this a bit more, I don't really like using it. It is too dramatically sparkly, not glowy. My skin overall felt more oily, and I just do not enjoy this product anymore.

ORIGINAL:

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5

My sister bought this for me for Christmas, in 420 Translucent Honey. The color match was pretty good, and my skin was not oily after applying. On it's own, it's a very sheer coverage, but very glittery. But when I wore it with another pressed powder/cream underneath, my skin looked a bit cakey, so I would say it's not very buildable. It's nice for a first loose powder, and it is very helpful with liquid makeup.

Because the pack I got came with three, it'll be a while till I run out, so I'll have a lot more time to work with it :)

on 7/5/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this powder on the recommendation of my hair stylist. She swore by it, so I had to try it out. I was using B.E. Mineral Veil, beforehand. I didn't see anything that stood out about this powder. As a matter of fact, I actually have another powder from a few years ago from Cover Girl, that's the exact same thing. It's their Translucent Loose Powder. I don't know if they still sell it, but personally I think it's the same product, with a different label. Cover Girl's trying to jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon, but it doesn't compare to Bare Minerals. Anyway, it's a good powder, if you're looking for an affordable finishing powder to set your foundation, but other than that it won't transform your complexion like Bare Minerals does for me.

on 1/29/2007 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very nice loose powder. I was pleasantly surprised!!! It doesn't make my face very matte, which I don't need because I have normal skin. It makes the face look very natural. It has a slight shimmer, but not glittery. I wear NC45 in MAC and I purchased the translucent medium shade. I LOVE this powder and I hope it is not discontinued.