COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.3

on 7/27/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The color suits me (415) but it has too much sparkle and shimmer! I'm oily so I DNW anymore gleaminess on my grill, okay? Also the sifter lets too much product out. #messy.

on 1/11/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this years ago and recently came back to it. I really like it, just not as an overall powder. I use this on my cheeks to set my highlight since it is super sparkly. Like too sparkly to use all over my face. The shade range is also not good. Even the so called "translucent" powder seems dark on my fair skin. And I'm not all that fair. But the formula is nice, it's easy to blend and is a great setting powder for my blush and highlighter. Because I use it so sparingly, it lasts forever, so the price is okay for me.

on 12/30/2013 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- glowy finish

CONS

- oxidizes
- packaging
- sheer

COMMENTS: This powder wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for how badly it oxidizes. It has a shimmery finish, but it gives the appearance of glowy skin and isn't full of glitter chunks. This can actually be used as a highlighter, but as a setting powder...definitely not.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder! It makes my skin look nice and glowy. Alone it covers up my pimples somewhat so it has somewhat good coverage. I dont really care for the sparkle,but I dont mind it.

on 3/6/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sister bought this for me when she went back to Hong Kong for her holidays because we can't purchase CoverGirl locally. I have this in 405 / translucent fair. I know this is very cheap only in U.S.A. and is being sold only in the drugstores back there, but hey, some of their products are not bad at all.

I use this for touch ups and as a finishing everytime I apply my make-up on. I wouldn't say that this is my HG finishing powder because it's just "ok" for me. I would give this product a 2 stars out of 5 for my opinion.

Why?! First of all, let's talk about its packaging. The packaging is very unsanitized, the lid is very easy to break. (I broke mine everytime and it's very messy when carrying it inside your comsetic bag when travelling.) Also, the puff that comes with it is not usable for my experience. Getting the right amount of powder by using this puff is very hard.

About the product itself, it doesn't really have the staying power to prevent my face from getting oily for the whole day. It also has little bits of glitters on the powder itself but it doesn't bother me at all. Anyway, I really need to re-touch everytime when I'm using this powder. Meaning, I took me only around 2 months to finish one 18g product.

I would not repurchase this product from CoverGirl. Oh well, next product for my loose powder please!

on 7/7/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin haaates this product. I used it a couple times and my face broke out like crazy. Worse than it has in a long time and it's gonna take another couple days for my poor skin to detox! I wore it for a few hours in the evening and it did not even look good at all by the end of the night. Did nothing for my oily t-zone and made the other areas look overly dry. The first ingredient is talc and it also contains some parabens and mineral oil (mineral oil = BAD for your skin!) It is not oil-free or non-comedogenic. This stuff did not work for me!!

EDIT: Did some research. This contains Isopropyl Myristate. Comedogenicity of 5 and causes grade 1 and grade 2 cosmetic acne.

This is not a good product. I bought the lightest shade even though i usually do not wear the lightest shade of makeup. It was completely orange and I looked like an oompa loompa. There is a lot of shimmer to the powder and it gives horrible coverage. It's not worth the $12. try clinique

on 1/11/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not quite sure where you were going with this one Cover Girl. If you were trying to create a body glitter, you really hit the nail on the head. But a face powder? Be serious. This stuff has more sparkles in it then a 1st grade craft project.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this powder runs way too dark and has way too much glitter. it makes my skin look so much greasier than it already is! i really dont like this powder. ive tried to make it work several times by applying it with different brushes & i just cant seem to make it work! i have oily skin & it does nothing to set my foundation. because the color is soo dark, i think i should just try to use this as a sort of bronzer. i'd hate to throw this away...but if i cant make it work, i think im going to have to. i wouldnt repurchase this.

I use as my setting powder after my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless though though I do have to reapply halfway through the day
I threw out the puff that came with it and use my BM total face brush instead

I personally like the slight shimmer in it. it's not too much but reflects the light enough too hide the tiny inperfections on my face