COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

1.8

on 12/10/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

*to the tune of the Conga line whatever thinger*

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!

This powder was okay. I actually liked the sparkles, but this made me break out badly within a couple days of using it so I won't be using it again. I also ended up dropping it and spilling half the container after trying to take the lid off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My first problem with this product was trying to find the right shade. My aquasmooth and my pressed powder from covergirl are two completely different shades. My AS was a 420, my pressed powder a 240 and this powder I bought in 410. Now, my aquasmooth was way too light for me but my pessed powder was even lighter! How is this possible if it's getting darker as the number gets higher? I really don't know. Anyways, I thought this powder was too dark. I could only use this when it's summer time since it'll match my color then. When I first used this, I applied it all over my face once and didn't see a difference. So, I added another layer (not thick either). I still didnt see a difference then I went to school and my face looked so orange and dark! I don't know what happened on my way to school but it was embarassing. I ended up having to wipe it off my face which was no problem. The next day, I only used one layer, which was still too dark for me but throughout the day, if I touched my face for a quick second, I ended up having glitter all over my hands. It came off so easily and my face is not that oily. Anyways, I don't recommend this at all. I think it's a waste of money and you'll end up with a different colored face with glitter all over it.

I don't think this is a good quality powder, especially in the mineral makeup world. I don't find it spreads very well, and gives an uneven finish. And even though my foundation matches my skin perfectly, and I had the lightest shade of this powder, when I layered it over my foundation I looked way too dark and orange! It's OK for setting make-up and I don't mind the sparkles, it absorbs enough oil so that I don't look shiny. It's cheap, and the packaging isn't the greatest but then again, all loose powders are sort of messy. I might give it 2.5 if I could... However, I think you can find a much better mineral powder, even on a budget.

on 10/12/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was very disappointed with this product. bought translucent light #410 thinking it would be a sheer coverage it turned out that it made my face look orange, a fake tanned orange color! If it wasn't for the orange color this product would have been great! The application is easy with a kabuki brush, don't use their powder puff, it doesn't work. It has specs of sparkles in the powder so it's not a matte finish but I don't mind the sparkles because it's not that much. I read on the CG website that you could return this product for a full refund but you need to send back your original receipt and bar code on the product, unfortunately for this product the bar code is on the plastic packing in which I had already thrown out before reading this guarantee on the website, so there goes my money back !! Traveling with this product is also a pain! the powder comes out of the little holes of the container so when you open it you have all this powder that just won't go back in the container, so if you do lots of traveling like me, I don't recommend bringing this product with you on the trip, especially in your luggage or carry on!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this powder is very shimmery and glittery, NOT what I want in a losse powder. Second, the coverage is not too great, although it does seem to make my face look more even. Third, the packaging is horrible, the lid is all cracked and pieces of it are missing. How is the powder supposed to stay in the container with a broken lid? There is also SO much powder in the container. I've been using it for a year and it's still not even halfway empty. Like almost all loose powders, the powder puff that come with it is so horrible, DO NOT USE IT! To seal the deal, CoverGirl STILL tests on animals. :(

on 8/27/2008 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Please please do not buy this product! For your own happiness!!

I found this to have very bad shades. None of them come close to my skin tone and go on with orange-y. And naturally luminous?? I was looking for something sheer and slightly dewey looking. This looks glittery and overdone. It's also bad for your skin. I'm guessing that it was either the talc or the mica that made me break out.

!Do not buy!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this in translucent medium. This product comes in a round plastic container w/ a top that can be easily twisted off. Inside, is a powder puff that I personally didn't like to use. This is a good highlighter. Since it is translucent, it doesn't deposit enough color to cover any imperfections. I wouldn't purchase again b/c I don't reach for this enough & it's not really anything special.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how cover girl tries to deceive customers by saying this has minerals when it's talc based with minimal minerals. plus, theres mineral oil and parabens in this powder. i only bought this because i got cover girls trublend bronzer in golden sunrise for under $5 and it works so well for me and i love it and thought i might feel the same about this.
it's not cheap either at just under $11CND at walmart.
i mind the super fine sparkle particles in this. i got it in translucent medium and it suits my tan skin tone alright.
i actually dont mind the puff thing that comes with it however, it does pick up too much powder, therefore i dont use it often. it's not that great of a setting powder...
also, the top of this is soo hard to get off, i gotta twist and turn and hope it doesnt crack open and make an even bigger problem.
i wont buy this again mainly because of the price along with the misleading claim of minerals, along with it being talc based with parabens and mineral oil..
covergirl is such a fraud.
too glittery which is far from luminous!!!! waste of money for me.
new york color's translucent powder is WAY better for more than half the price of this garbage!

on 2/12/2008 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous powder with a nice texture. I purchased in Shimmering Sands, intending to use as a blush/body shimmer, but I've wound up lightly dusting it all over my face after using as a contour.

Do not use the useless puff that comes with it, use a powder brush. It has a lovely pearly finish, I am prone to rashes, inflammation and breakouts on my otherwise oily face and the shimmer really takes the attention away from uneven skin texture.

The packagaing can get a bit messy but it has never made a mess in my bag. As with all loose powders, you get a bit on your clothes but it's easy to brush off.

It's also easy to reapply when it's worn off, and doesn't look too bad. On me it lasts about 4 hours before I need to reapply. I will repurchase in different colours.