Cover Girl TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Cover Girl TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.0

on 4/23/2011 1:04:00 PM

Yuck. Why why why why don't I check reviews here first before I impulse-buy? Oh, right, because my gadget needs WiFi. At this rate though I could get a smart phone and pay the monthly bill with the money I waste impulsively buying bad products like this.

on 2/9/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I know I'm the minority...but I LOVE this loose powder! I just use a concealer over any blemishes I might have, then use a fluffy brush to apply this powder and my face is glowing and beautiful!!!! I will say, these run very dark, I use Fair and I've got a decent tan! Also, yes there is noticeable shimmer, but that's why I love it. The golden shimmer is only noticeable up close, but blurs imperfections and creates that baby skin kinda glow! It's not cakey, and minimizes pores, and helps absorb oil. One tub will last forever, but I'd definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 12/31/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not long-lasting and its coverage is bad (it is, afterall, a translucent powder). It certainly has mica, but it is not overly shimmery. In fact, the shimmer is hardly noticeable on my face.
So I don't recommend it as a foundation powder, only a setting powder for foundation.

But like many other reviewers before me, the main problem is finding the right colour. The lightest shade, 'translucent fair', is even darker than my light-medium skin tone. It has an orange base (therefore it works better as a light bronzer) and the color in the jar goes on darker when applied to your face...so picking a colour to suit your complexion is a very misleading process.
The moral is: Pale girls like redheads should avoid this powder like the plague.

During those intense summer days, I noticed that it perfectly suits my tanned skin, and it doesn't look too glowy. So this has now become my summer mineral powder.

on 12/11/2008 9:26:00 PM

This product is awful! I can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's wayyy too shimmery, no i take that back it's not shimmer its pretty much glitter! I don't want glitter all over my face. I've used this one time then threw it out. My 16 year old sister didn't even want it cause she said it was too glittery too! I will never buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only reason i put yes i would buy this product again is because even though its a horrible sucky loose powder it makes for a GREAT bronzer/blush (when placed correctly). i bought this in translucent medium since i have a medium skin tone and what i got was a dark bronzey color almost orange. i hated it and couldnt find my receipt so i improvised and decided to use it as a blush. it actually makes a great lasting blush. bt as a powder its two thumb way down.

This is loose powder from the Trublend line. You get a lot of product for the price, and I think this will last me a long time. I purchased this in translucent fair (I'm NC 20-25) and the color is great. It's got shimmery particles, the "luminous" aspect. This is an ok product that I wouldn't repurchase. The packaging is very flimsy, and the cap get cracked very easily. The product itself is too shimmery for my taste. It looks nice at first but just makes my skin look oily after about an hour. The powder itself is too gritty. Maybe if it was more finely milled I would like it better. There are better loose powders out there.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is horrible! Made my skin SUPER oily and it turned dark and orange within an hour. It wasn't expensive but I can't see how this powder is useful? I bought this hoping that it would absorb oil and a little shimmer & glow to my complexion but it did not. I would not repurchase this product again!

on 7/26/2007 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is terrible stuff.... the quality itself is not so bad, but the color range is way off... I am a natural and this was ten times darker on me... and its very orangy.... just looks like cheap bronzer..