COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.4

on 1/11/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this years ago and recently came back to it. I really like it, just not as an overall powder. I use this on my cheeks to set my highlight since it is super sparkly. Like too sparkly to use all over my face. The shade range is also not good. Even the so called "translucent" powder seems dark on my fair skin. And I'm not all that fair. But the formula is nice, it's easy to blend and is a great setting powder for my blush and highlighter. Because I use it so sparingly, it lasts forever, so the price is okay for me.

on 2/5/2013 4:44:00 PM

This product is horrible. And I'm surprised to be saying this about CG. I barely had any acne with the powder and concealers I used before, but I wanted to try something different. So I got this powder, and the first day I was fine.. But then I started getting the most horrible acne I've had in years. Extremely disappointed...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I have a love/hate relationship with this powder.
I love that it keeps my oil under control during the day.
I hate the sparkles! drives me nuts
I hate that if you use just a hair too much you can look orange.
I love that its very blendable

Overall, I probably will buy this again if I can't find a better powder.

This powder was okay. I actually liked the sparkles, but this made me break out badly within a couple days of using it so I won't be using it again. I also ended up dropping it and spilling half the container after trying to take the lid off.

on 5/10/2011 4:01:00 AM

you get a lot of product for the price. there arent many colors to choose from. i used to use this powder when i was younger..and have recently rediscovered it. it is quite shimmery but i dont really mind it. i have it in the color translucent light....and for a "light" powder it is pretty dark..a lil too dark for me but ive been blending it in real well. i use it with my elf complexion brush.

on 4/23/2011 1:04:00 PM

Yuck. Why why why why don't I check reviews here first before I impulse-buy? Oh, right, because my gadget needs WiFi. At this rate though I could get a smart phone and pay the monthly bill with the money I waste impulsively buying bad products like this.

on 7/18/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Too much Glitter!! u basiclly are putting a bunch of sparkles on ur face, which is really unflattering! It doesn't stick on well and is a really messy package which spills all over, plus they give u a terrible powder puff thing that sucks!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder! It makes my skin look nice and glowy. Alone it covers up my pimples somewhat so it has somewhat good coverage. I dont really care for the sparkle,but I dont mind it.

on 3/6/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sister bought this for me when she went back to Hong Kong for her holidays because we can't purchase CoverGirl locally. I have this in 405 / translucent fair. I know this is very cheap only in U.S.A. and is being sold only in the drugstores back there, but hey, some of their products are not bad at all.

I use this for touch ups and as a finishing everytime I apply my make-up on. I wouldn't say that this is my HG finishing powder because it's just "ok" for me. I would give this product a 2 stars out of 5 for my opinion.

Why?! First of all, let's talk about its packaging. The packaging is very unsanitized, the lid is very easy to break. (I broke mine everytime and it's very messy when carrying it inside your comsetic bag when travelling.) Also, the puff that comes with it is not usable for my experience. Getting the right amount of powder by using this puff is very hard.

About the product itself, it doesn't really have the staying power to prevent my face from getting oily for the whole day. It also has little bits of glitters on the powder itself but it doesn't bother me at all. Anyway, I really need to re-touch everytime when I'm using this powder. Meaning, I took me only around 2 months to finish one 18g product.

I would not repurchase this product from CoverGirl. Oh well, next product for my loose powder please!

on 7/7/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin haaates this product. I used it a couple times and my face broke out like crazy. Worse than it has in a long time and it's gonna take another couple days for my poor skin to detox! I wore it for a few hours in the evening and it did not even look good at all by the end of the night. Did nothing for my oily t-zone and made the other areas look overly dry. The first ingredient is talc and it also contains some parabens and mineral oil (mineral oil = BAD for your skin!) It is not oil-free or non-comedogenic. This stuff did not work for me!!

EDIT: Did some research. This contains Isopropyl Myristate. Comedogenicity of 5 and causes grade 1 and grade 2 cosmetic acne.