COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.6

on 12/10/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

*to the tune of the Conga line whatever thinger*

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!

on 1/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Meh... I won't say it was an awful product, but it wasn't fabulous.
I bought this when a) I had no money -- I think it was only around $8.00 CAD or something? and b) when Walmart -- the great store that it is -- didn't have alot of other choice of powder.
To start, it's messy. I hate the powder puffs that come with the package, so being ever so smart, I threw it away, keeping in mind that I had a real powder brush. Not a good idea. Now, I cannot take this product in my travels because the lid will fall off (poor packaging) and the powder will come through the holes and get everywhere. And it's sparkly... I guess a down side of CoverGirl, more targeted for 11 year olds I suppose...
I did like this because it was light, matched my fair skin tone (I bought the 005 Translucent Fair), and it was cheap.
I will not be buying this again, but it was too bad

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product contains too much shimmer. It might work as a bronzer but it is not appropriate for an all-over face powder. From what others have said, it oxidizes to a much darker color as time passes. I purchased this face powder and the blush in the same line, and am not happy with them. The packaging is low quality, and powder was all over the place even before I removed the sticker from the sifter. I had to apply tons of layers of powder before seeing any coverage. When I finally achieved the desired coverage (medium), my face looked all right in the bathroom mirror, however when I got to my car I discovered that my face looked like it had glitter all over it. I'm not waiting to see whether it breaks me out, I will return both this AND the blush tomorrow.

on 12/31/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not long-lasting and its coverage is bad (it is, afterall, a translucent powder). It certainly has mica, but it is not overly shimmery. In fact, the shimmer is hardly noticeable on my face.
So I don't recommend it as a foundation powder, only a setting powder for foundation.

But like many other reviewers before me, the main problem is finding the right colour. The lightest shade, 'translucent fair', is even darker than my light-medium skin tone. It has an orange base (therefore it works better as a light bronzer) and the color in the jar goes on darker when applied to your face...so picking a colour to suit your complexion is a very misleading process.
The moral is: Pale girls like redheads should avoid this powder like the plague.

During those intense summer days, I noticed that it perfectly suits my tanned skin, and it doesn't look too glowy. So this has now become my summer mineral powder.

on 10/12/2008 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was very disappointed with this product. bought translucent light #410 thinking it would be a sheer coverage it turned out that it made my face look orange, a fake tanned orange color! If it wasn't for the orange color this product would have been great! The application is easy with a kabuki brush, don't use their powder puff, it doesn't work. It has specs of sparkles in the powder so it's not a matte finish but I don't mind the sparkles because it's not that much. I read on the CG website that you could return this product for a full refund but you need to send back your original receipt and bar code on the product, unfortunately for this product the bar code is on the plastic packing in which I had already thrown out before reading this guarantee on the website, so there goes my money back !! Traveling with this product is also a pain! the powder comes out of the little holes of the container so when you open it you have all this powder that just won't go back in the container, so if you do lots of traveling like me, I don't recommend bringing this product with you on the trip, especially in your luggage or carry on!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I really like the coverage of this powder. I apply my concealer, then the powder using a kabuki brush. It looks beautiful. At first, I didn't care for the "glitter", but it's a good luck in the summer time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a powder that you can use without a foundation under it. I put this on top of my foundation when I feel like I need a powder. It's cheap and it's efficient. I use a kabuki brush and apply it just like I'd apply bare minerals. It doesn't give you the same coverage that BM does. Overall, this is a nice poweer that I'd buy again. The only downside is that there's too much sparkle in the powder.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the bad reviews on this, I love it. The shimmer doesn't bother me too much because it's very subtle. It blends really well and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i have pale skin and blue eyes and i bought the lightest shade called translucent fair and it was to dark and orange. the colors suck and need to be lighter and more neutral. but the powder is nice accept it kinda stings my sensitive skin..it has a light shimmer which is very pretty, does not dry skin out, does not crease into large pores, fine lines and covers up all imperfections. in these categories it works better than foundation but those frigging ugly, non-neutral, dark colors suck and if your skin is sensitive be careful.