COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.9

on 12/30/2013 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- glowy finish

CONS

- oxidizes
- packaging
- sheer

COMMENTS: This powder wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for how badly it oxidizes. It has a shimmery finish, but it gives the appearance of glowy skin and isn't full of glitter chunks. This can actually be used as a highlighter, but as a setting powder...definitely not.

Will not repurchase.

This powder was okay. I actually liked the sparkles, but this made me break out badly within a couple days of using it so I won't be using it again. I also ended up dropping it and spilling half the container after trying to take the lid off.

on 5/10/2011 4:01:00 AM

you get a lot of product for the price. there arent many colors to choose from. i used to use this powder when i was younger..and have recently rediscovered it. it is quite shimmery but i dont really mind it. i have it in the color translucent light....and for a "light" powder it is pretty dark..a lil too dark for me but ive been blending it in real well. i use it with my elf complexion brush.

on 4/23/2011 1:04:00 PM

Yuck. Why why why why don't I check reviews here first before I impulse-buy? Oh, right, because my gadget needs WiFi. At this rate though I could get a smart phone and pay the monthly bill with the money I waste impulsively buying bad products like this.

on 2/9/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I know I'm the minority...but I LOVE this loose powder! I just use a concealer over any blemishes I might have, then use a fluffy brush to apply this powder and my face is glowing and beautiful!!!! I will say, these run very dark, I use Fair and I've got a decent tan! Also, yes there is noticeable shimmer, but that's why I love it. The golden shimmer is only noticeable up close, but blurs imperfections and creates that baby skin kinda glow! It's not cakey, and minimizes pores, and helps absorb oil. One tub will last forever, but I'd definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 12/11/2008 9:26:00 PM

This product is awful! I can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's wayyy too shimmery, no i take that back it's not shimmer its pretty much glitter! I don't want glitter all over my face. I've used this one time then threw it out. My 16 year old sister didn't even want it cause she said it was too glittery too! I will never buy this again.

on 11/19/2008 3:56:00 AM

I first bought this product for the summer. I tend to tan very easily in the summer then get pale in the winter. so i bought the translucent medium but i never thought it would be so dark. the other translucent medium in the natural loose power is lighter. though it took some getting use to i love it. it can seriously last the whole year so the price is great! also you have to learn how to apply just a little and go over it with a clean powder brush.

I don't think this is a good quality powder, especially in the mineral makeup world. I don't find it spreads very well, and gives an uneven finish. And even though my foundation matches my skin perfectly, and I had the lightest shade of this powder, when I layered it over my foundation I looked way too dark and orange! It's OK for setting make-up and I don't mind the sparkles, it absorbs enough oil so that I don't look shiny. It's cheap, and the packaging isn't the greatest but then again, all loose powders are sort of messy. I might give it 2.5 if I could... However, I think you can find a much better mineral powder, even on a budget.

on 9/5/2008 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. I'm not very good with makeup, so the fact that this is very sheer and forgiving is great for me. At first I didn't like the big puff, but now that I've learned how to maneuver it, it's fine. I use it alone, without foundation. I have pretty good skin to begin with, so I just use this to even out my skin tone when I start getting paler in the winter. The only problem is that it is a little bit orange-y, so you need to be really careful about applying it lightly, or else you'll look like you fake-baked! :)

I bought this in Translucent Fair. I am very fair and cooler toned and wear translucent and translucent fair in Physician's Formula. This shade was way too dark and orange on me. This probably works better over foundation than on bare skin, as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, but it is still not a good match for me. This is also a little too shimmery for my taste and with the packaging and puff it seems hard to get the right amount for application. I only tried this a few times and stopped. I later discovered the Physician's Formula powders and wear them regularly. I do like the Cover Girl TruBlend in Pure Romance (pink) and Shimmering Sands (peach-pink) for wearing over foundation but really did not care for this powder.