COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

3.1

on 8/7/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good loose powder from the drugstore. I'm Soft Honey (same as in the whipped TruBlend foundation) and I really like it. It does have glitter flecks, which are a little annoying, but not really noticeable from a distance and I believe they help diffuse the light and promote the soft glow that this powder gives. It's great on top of foundation and concealer to set everything, which is a concept I never really bought into until I tried this powder. It's also really good on it's own as well.

Do not use the puff it comes with - so messy and useless. It's a bit messy still, but for the price I can live with messy :) I keep the puff in there, flip the powder upside down, then use a Kabuki brush to pick up product off the powder puff. Then use the brush to really work it into the skin in circular motions.

I hate when I read the reviews first because it puts me in a bad mindset when a product I like gets low reviews (vise versa), but I really do like this powder.. I have clear skin so I don't need anything with MAX coverage, and I am fair complected so it's nice and sheer, before this I barely wore make up at all so it's great..
I use it with a short powder brush, and the coverage is great.. I don't reapply because I don't like my pores to feel dirty

all in all I like this product : )

on 1/11/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not quite sure where you were going with this one Cover Girl. If you were trying to create a body glitter, you really hit the nail on the head. But a face powder? Be serious. This stuff has more sparkles in it then a 1st grade craft project.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this powder is very shimmery and glittery, NOT what I want in a losse powder. Second, the coverage is not too great, although it does seem to make my face look more even. Third, the packaging is horrible, the lid is all cracked and pieces of it are missing. How is the powder supposed to stay in the container with a broken lid? There is also SO much powder in the container. I've been using it for a year and it's still not even halfway empty. Like almost all loose powders, the powder puff that come with it is so horrible, DO NOT USE IT! To seal the deal, CoverGirl STILL tests on animals. :(

on 7/2/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm an nc 35-40 and was looking for a light-coloured powder to set my concealer and highlight the eye area, so I decided in the translucent light, bad choice. I could live with the shimmer because it's light if the colour were right. However this powder is just too dark and heavy even for me. I'd recommend it to light-complexioned ladies who are looking to add a tanned glow to their faces. I did also find it pricy for a covergirl product

on 3/20/2007 9:50:00 AM

I bought this in hopes of brightening up my pasty, winter complexion. I have fair skin, so I purchased the translucent shade. I like it because it has a slight shimmer that radiates a glow. The puff that came with it is ok, but I use a retractable powder brush. When I retract the bristles to about halfway, then I get a firmer brush texture and I can apply more of the powder to areas I want to highlight; i.e.: cheekbones, eyebrows, down the center of my nose. Overall a great powder that does not make me look chalky or dry. Will definitely purchase again.

on 1/29/2007 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very nice loose powder. I was pleasantly surprised!!! It doesn't make my face very matte, which I don't need because I have normal skin. It makes the face look very natural. It has a slight shimmer, but not glittery. I wear NC45 in MAC and I purchased the translucent medium shade. I LOVE this powder and I hope it is not discontinued.