COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.4

on 12/10/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

*to the tune of the Conga line whatever thinger*

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!

on 1/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Meh... I won't say it was an awful product, but it wasn't fabulous.
I bought this when a) I had no money -- I think it was only around $8.00 CAD or something? and b) when Walmart -- the great store that it is -- didn't have alot of other choice of powder.
To start, it's messy. I hate the powder puffs that come with the package, so being ever so smart, I threw it away, keeping in mind that I had a real powder brush. Not a good idea. Now, I cannot take this product in my travels because the lid will fall off (poor packaging) and the powder will come through the holes and get everywhere. And it's sparkly... I guess a down side of CoverGirl, more targeted for 11 year olds I suppose...
I did like this because it was light, matched my fair skin tone (I bought the 005 Translucent Fair), and it was cheap.
I will not be buying this again, but it was too bad

I hate when I read the reviews first because it puts me in a bad mindset when a product I like gets low reviews (vise versa), but I really do like this powder.. I have clear skin so I don't need anything with MAX coverage, and I am fair complected so it's nice and sheer, before this I barely wore make up at all so it's great..
I use it with a short powder brush, and the coverage is great.. I don't reapply because I don't like my pores to feel dirty

all in all I like this product : )

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

oh where to begin....this powder was an absolute flop. I bought the lightest shade they had, Translucent Fair, and one of my co-workers asked me if I had gone tanning! I immediately realized it was my face powder! In the can it went. Never again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FAIL! I tried this because I love the rest of the Trublend line SO much. The whipped foundation and the pressed powder are HG products. This makes me look like someone got mad at me and threw glitter in my face. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy, well, I would. It's that bad. Good for 11 year old girls, not adults or almost-adults.

on 1/11/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not quite sure where you were going with this one Cover Girl. If you were trying to create a body glitter, you really hit the nail on the head. But a face powder? Be serious. This stuff has more sparkles in it then a 1st grade craft project.

on 12/11/2008 9:26:00 PM

This product is awful! I can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's wayyy too shimmery, no i take that back it's not shimmer its pretty much glitter! I don't want glitter all over my face. I've used this one time then threw it out. My 16 year old sister didn't even want it cause she said it was too glittery too! I will never buy this again.

I don't think this is a good quality powder, especially in the mineral makeup world. I don't find it spreads very well, and gives an uneven finish. And even though my foundation matches my skin perfectly, and I had the lightest shade of this powder, when I layered it over my foundation I looked way too dark and orange! It's OK for setting make-up and I don't mind the sparkles, it absorbs enough oil so that I don't look shiny. It's cheap, and the packaging isn't the greatest but then again, all loose powders are sort of messy. I might give it 2.5 if I could... However, I think you can find a much better mineral powder, even on a budget.

on 9/5/2008 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. I'm not very good with makeup, so the fact that this is very sheer and forgiving is great for me. At first I didn't like the big puff, but now that I've learned how to maneuver it, it's fine. I use it alone, without foundation. I have pretty good skin to begin with, so I just use this to even out my skin tone when I start getting paler in the winter. The only problem is that it is a little bit orange-y, so you need to be really careful about applying it lightly, or else you'll look like you fake-baked! :)

I bought this in Translucent Fair. I am very fair and cooler toned and wear translucent and translucent fair in Physician's Formula. This shade was way too dark and orange on me. This probably works better over foundation than on bare skin, as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, but it is still not a good match for me. This is also a little too shimmery for my taste and with the packaging and puff it seems hard to get the right amount for application. I only tried this a few times and stopped. I later discovered the Physician's Formula powders and wear them regularly. I do like the Cover Girl TruBlend in Pure Romance (pink) and Shimmering Sands (peach-pink) for wearing over foundation but really did not care for this powder.