COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 11/15/2006 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I saw this at CVS last night and of course I had to pick it up (since I can't find my beloved L'Oreal Translucide ANYWHERE). I got it in Tranclucent Light. It's a loose slightly shimmery powder that you're supposed to use over your whole face to give you "that glow". I tried it on this morning and I think it's very dark for being the second lightest shade they offer, and it's not as yellow based as Translucide. I lightly dusted it on over my foundation, and I kind of like it. It does give a glow to my face but I think that I will exchange it for Translucent Fair and I will mix it w/ Ben Nye Banana loose powder to make it a little more yellow based and a little less shimmery. I will update later when I've been outside to make sure that it's not sparkley in the sun light. For now I think it's a nice, light powder that I probably will buy again!
EDIT- It's just too sparkley for me =(

on 12/1/2006 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i got the fair. i like it so far. it's powder that does not make my face matte. shimmery, a bit sparkly, but not fake or glittery looking. i don't normally wear powder, so hopefully this will hold my concealor and blush till the end of the day! I'll update cha!

I saw this at the store, and although I don't usually like powders, I was tempted to buy it. I got it in the light, pink shade. I can't remember the name. It comes in a pretty good size container, with a little puff. I had a really big problem opening the jar. The lid is really cheap and very tight, so it takes forever to take off. But other than that I really like it, since it is not at all ovbious you have powder on.

on 1/29/2007 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very nice loose powder. I was pleasantly surprised!!! It doesn't make my face very matte, which I don't need because I have normal skin. It makes the face look very natural. It has a slight shimmer, but not glittery. I wear NC45 in MAC and I purchased the translucent medium shade. I LOVE this powder and I hope it is not discontinued.

on 1/30/2007 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is not a matte powder. I have combo skin and use a matte powder to set my foundation and then use this over it as a highlighter in the translucent fair shade. It really does add a nice, warm, peachy glow to my PPP/LLL complexion. It is VERY shimmery, so a light hand is needed, but if you apply it lightly, it will look natural and lovely.

on 3/20/2007 9:50:00 AM

I bought this in hopes of brightening up my pasty, winter complexion. I have fair skin, so I purchased the translucent shade. I like it because it has a slight shimmer that radiates a glow. The puff that came with it is ok, but I use a retractable powder brush. When I retract the bristles to about halfway, then I get a firmer brush texture and I can apply more of the powder to areas I want to highlight; i.e.: cheekbones, eyebrows, down the center of my nose. Overall a great powder that does not make me look chalky or dry. Will definitely purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a basic daytime setting powder so I bought this in Transluscent medium. I thought this was too shimmery for a natural daytime look so I use it for evenings. ( I didn't read the packaging carefully and will now avoid anything with the word "Luminous".) It adds a tan color to my face like a medium bronzer so I probably should have bought the Transluscent Light instead of this. I hate that it gets all over my light colored clothing so I have to stick to black and brown colors if I want to use this. Not crazy about it myself but it is a good quality powder for $8 if you are looking for a shimmery glowy look.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a terrible powder, just not a great one. The shades are deceivingly dark; I bought Translucent Fair and it looks more like a bronzer. The packaging is kind of chintzy, a plain plastic jar with a plastic sifter. Not the best at absorbing oil; there seems to be some shimmer or iridescence to the powder that just makes me look shiny. I will use this up, especially seeing as summer is here and some color to my face looks good, but I would highly recommend Coty Airspun Fragrance-Free as a better drugstore alternative, and a better value.

on 7/2/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm an nc 35-40 and was looking for a light-coloured powder to set my concealer and highlight the eye area, so I decided in the translucent light, bad choice. I could live with the shimmer because it's light if the colour were right. However this powder is just too dark and heavy even for me. I'd recommend it to light-complexioned ladies who are looking to add a tanned glow to their faces. I did also find it pricy for a covergirl product

I purchased this as a cheaper alternative to Bare Minerals (love the stuff, but it's pricey!) I would recommend buying a shade LIGHTER than what you think you wear because the color is slightly darker that what you would expect. The powder does have a shimmery look to it (which I actually love--I think it's perfect for summer!) I rarely use the puff that comes with the product and opt for a loose powder brush instead. The coverage is fair.. I don't think this product covers redness and uneven skin tone as well as Bare Minerals. As I said before, this product does have a noticable shimmer... so it would make a great bronzer or shimmering powder (excellent for adding a little sparkle to your shoulders and chest!)