COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 1/11/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this years ago and recently came back to it. I really like it, just not as an overall powder. I use this on my cheeks to set my highlight since it is super sparkly. Like too sparkly to use all over my face. The shade range is also not good. Even the so called "translucent" powder seems dark on my fair skin. And I'm not all that fair. But the formula is nice, it's easy to blend and is a great setting powder for my blush and highlighter. Because I use it so sparingly, it lasts forever, so the price is okay for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I really like the coverage of this powder. I apply my concealer, then the powder using a kabuki brush. It looks beautiful. At first, I didn't care for the "glitter", but it's a good luck in the summer time.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I gave it a try because I like loose powders and I had a coupon to buy it when it was on sale as buy one get one free. It has a slight shimmer which would probably look great on someone who has flawless skin. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I have visible pores on my t-zone area and this luminous powder seems to accentuate them, especially when my face starts getting a little oily. I constantly had to touch up my t-zone area to keep from looking to shiny. I also noticed that if you aren't perfect at applying your foundation, the powder shows it. Sometimes I couldn't tell until I went outside and looked at my makeup. It has a slight orange color that almost looks a little like bronzer or something. Anyway, won't buy it again even if it's on sale.

on 8/18/2007 7:36:00 PM

Well I really was looking forward to trying this.I have a good tan so I got the medium shade,big mistake.It is way to dark and a bit orange.
Also the shimmer looks good at first but after just a little while it makes my skin look awful.Will not buy again.

on 7/26/2007 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is terrible stuff.... the quality itself is not so bad, but the color range is way off... I am a natural and this was ten times darker on me... and its very orangy.... just looks like cheap bronzer..

on 11/15/2006 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I saw this at CVS last night and of course I had to pick it up (since I can't find my beloved L'Oreal Translucide ANYWHERE). I got it in Tranclucent Light. It's a loose slightly shimmery powder that you're supposed to use over your whole face to give you "that glow". I tried it on this morning and I think it's very dark for being the second lightest shade they offer, and it's not as yellow based as Translucide. I lightly dusted it on over my foundation, and I kind of like it. It does give a glow to my face but I think that I will exchange it for Translucent Fair and I will mix it w/ Ben Nye Banana loose powder to make it a little more yellow based and a little less shimmery. I will update later when I've been outside to make sure that it's not sparkley in the sun light. For now I think it's a nice, light powder that I probably will buy again!
EDIT- It's just too sparkley for me =(