TheBalm Shady Lady Shadow Liner - Mischievous Marissa

TheBalm Shady Lady Shadow Liner - Mischievous Marissa

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this only because it was on a ridiculous 90% off on clearance at the outlet.
That said, I was pleasantly surprised by how easily you can work the colour into your daily routine
It looks a little silvery pink in the pot, but when searched, it does have a soft coppery gold colour, sort of a muted rose gold colour which I used on my eyes, and also works wonderfully on my cheeks! I cannot believe how lucky I was to chance upon it as the price had always stopped me from even looking at it on the shelf. I would tell my friends about it and will repurchase.

This is a beautiful little shadow. It is so soft and creamy. The color is gorgeous and the pigmentation is awesome. I got this when theBalm had their 1/2 off flash sale and I so wish I had gotten more colors.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It is the best --- the absolute BEST --- eyeshadow I have ever used. I have tried them all and this stuff tops everything.

To start with quality -- the product applies super smooth. It is even, never blotchy. Beautiful shimmer, without that tacky, chunky glitter. It has a beautiful, luminous sheen but doesn't use the glitter. It is honestly the best quality product I have ever seen.

This particular color is lovely. It's sort of a perfect hybrid of brown, peach, pink, and a little orange. I have extremely fair skin and very blue eyes, and this compliments my eyes perrrrrrfectlllllyyyy. However, I can see this color also being completely stunning on girls with deeper skin tones and darker eyes. It is truly a universally flattering base color. I use a light dust of white all over (with emphasis under brow arch and inner eye corner) and then I layer this as my base color. It works for a super smokey eye, with this TheBalm's Sexy Stacey, or for a lighter day look with my MAC Embark (which I thought was my HG eyeshadow...until I found this -- don't get me wrong, it is still my perfect crease color and allover build-able for matte looks, but just doesn't apply so quickly, smoothly, easily, and perfectly.). This makes a nice neutral base for pretty much any color combo, on any complexion. I had a drugstore brand similar to this color, but applying it was a nightmare. It went on uneven, too shimmery -- it looked dirty almost, and had chunky glitter. That color was also a little too pink, TheBalm's version doesn't give you "sick eyes" the way cheap versions of this color could. It gives you perfect emphasis and looks like a natural, but prettier, shadow.

I hate to brag, but....I wore my TheBalm eyeshadows to dinner one night, and a waitress (and fellow makeup lover) approached me to tell me how gorgeous my makeup was. She told me it was the perfect balance between looking natural and glam. She asked what I used because she wanted it too! She said as a makeup junkie she knew it wasn't just a sweep of one color......but it was the kind of look a guy would never think "Ew, too much sticky makeup!" And it's true, this stuff really helps improve your natural beauty, quickly and easily.

To top it all off, I got this in a set at TJ Maxx. It came with the Sexy Stacey, an "overshadow," a mascara, and a makeup remover. They are all totally outstanding. I got it all for a steal. But I am a convert -- I will look to TheBalm first for any makeup. In fact, I went out and bought several other products from the line today, because I was so impressed with the quality. It's a deal even at full price, because the makeup is how all makeup SHOULD be. I will review my new stuff once I get a feel for it, but I am almost certain that i will like it as much, if not more, than the products I have.

on 11/13/2011 7:06:00 PM

This beautiful shadow is somewhere between copper and gold in color. It's got a subtle sheen to it but is not glittery. It is super silky, pigmented and blendable -- I was able to pat on plenty of visible color with just the tip of my finger--didn't even have to use eyelid primer! It's also enormous -- 3.4g -- bigger than some BLUSHES out there! I would happily buy it again as it works beautifully on the lid as a base and under the brow as a highlight--but it's so enormous I don't think I'll ever have to :) It makes a GORGEOUS smokey eye with the shadow/liner in the Sexy Stacey shade. another great product from thebalm!

on 11/6/2010 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful luminous shade. Goes on smooth and silky, blends well and stays well.
Recommend it to anyone looking for a base for warm/bronze/brown make-up.

on 2/20/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

HOLY crap, this shadow is gorgeous. It's an even better version of MAC Tan pigment (though I still love that one), if a little more peachy. If you have green or blue eyes this is a must have though I think it would work on everyone. The texture is amazing, so smooth and buttery soft. The pigmentation is outstanding. It looks like it should be frosty but it isn't, it's very warm and flattering. Big thumbs up from me.

on 10/1/2009 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nude / champagne color, one of those universal shades that can be used on everybody. I wasn't a fan of it though because it looked a bit too orange on my lids and the pigmentation was a lot darker than I thought. Good staying power, but not my style at all. Cute packaging otherwise.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Mysterious Marissa is a great shade; I would say its almost a frost finish but the color is so warm. I am a naturally tanned latina and on me this color has some sheen and shimmer (NOT glitter!) but its a neutral; sorta golden peach;closer to a cool copper or light bronzer shade. This looks amazng on darker olive toned/golden brown skin.

I almost returned this because alone it doesnt show on my skin very well; super natural finish and for work I usually like a little more zing. But I have recently found that is an AMAZING layering piec. Its is very blendable especially with the plums and greens I like to wear for my faux smokey looks. I have also used this as a highlighter when I go dark smokey with my Mac browns.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I found this little gem at TJ Maxx! It's a pretty peachy like color. It goes on very smoothly. It is pigmented, but still very sheer if a soft hand is used. This is my first time using a product from theBalm and I'm impressed! I love the packaging it came in. It came w/ 2 other eyeshadows. Very cool :)

Mysterious Marissa is somewhat of an icey shade, except for the fact that actual color is much, much warmer and closer to a cool copper or peachy beige, almost like a bronzer actually. It has that perfect lustre/pearl/shimmer finish that I crave and love in an eye shadow because it makes it so much more blendable, layer-able, and overall, wearable. It can look a bit pasty on my lid, but less so on the brow bone. Its actually an excellent highlighter.

Because it's a warm shade, I tried it on my cheeks too and it actually gave a very nice shimmery glow. I think I'll use this shadow as a multi-purpose highligter/bronzer/magic marker of a product that I can just dot anywhere or under/over something else to make it pop a bit. Only recently bought it, but it seems like its a good repurchase.