L'Oreal Elvive Smooth Intense

L'Oreal Elvive Smooth Intense
Elvive Smooth Intense

4.5

on 1/22/2018 1:37:00 PM

I was on a budget and still so the price and also the reviews were tempting. Don’t get me wrong because this is not the case with all L’oreal shampoos but this one didn’t work for my hair it ended up looking greasy and felt heavy.

on 1/19/2018 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

(I am reviewing the current product that is in a pink container, but pretty sure it's the same thing)

AT LAST. I first bought this product a few years ago when I was in France. My hair had become dry and frizzy; I tried several different shampoos with no luck until I found this and its matching conditioner.
After one use my hair looked significantly better; after several uses my hair was transformed. For reference, I have long, fairly thick wavy-curly hair. I use a decent amount of the shampoo (sometimes adding in a clarifying shampoo) and a lot of the conditioner (like a palm’s worth) and comb through my hair in the shower then clip it up and leave it on for about 5 minutes. I cannot overstate how much this transformed my hair.

THEN alas! I moved back to the US and I could not find it. I bought the L’Oréal shampoo in the corresponding amber colored bottle but it wasn’t the same. I tried a variety of shampoos from Suave to Fekkai and none did what this shampoo did.
But last week I discovered that it IS in the US!!! It’s a pink bottle and it’s marketed with “kera-oleo” not Argan oil but it has Argan oil in it and is either the same product or very similar because my hair loves it! After only two uses my hair is already almost back to being smooth, shiny, and frizz-free. I’ve also discovered that using a bit of Deva Curl Heaven in Hair as a leave in with it works great. As does Bed Head Ego Boost.

I am so, so happy to have found this product again and wholeheartedly recommend it. My hair has gone from frizzy and dry to smooth and shiny. I’m able to go two or three days without washing and if there ever is a bit of build-up I’ll use Neutrogena clarifying shampoo or some apple cider vinegar. But seriously, even my scalp is more moisturized. I don’t know why this shampoo is so amazing and so cheap but man do I love it. <3

on 6/17/2015 5:44:00 PM

One of my favourite shampoos. It left my very tough hair nice and silky after use.

on 6/1/2015 8:15:00 AM

I absolutely loved this product. My hair condition was dry and frizzy and this product made a difference straight away. A week after using this shampoo and conditioner I stopped straightening and blow drying my hair. My hair was in much better condition and my mother in law, who takes daily medication which makes her hair a frizz ball, even started loving this product. Definitely give it 5 stars but because I like to experiment with products I'll definitely see myself buying this again one day

on 9/7/2014 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this shampoo a couple of years ago and couldn't remember if I liked it or not. When my shampoo (herbal essences hello hydration) ran out, I was excited to try something new as it was not working for me.
I wanted to try this product again from reading all these amazing reviews. It took maybe 2 weeks for my hair to get used to the product. But my god! My hair has never been so healthy and soft.
I straighten my hair quite frequently, and no frizz, split-ends, dryness. It still feels like I just got my hair cut!

This product is amazing and i definitely recommend it

I love this shampoo! It's amazing and has saved my hair so much, what a wonderful price too!

Omg!! This bottle of shampoo saved my hair from the very hard water of London and Paris. I'm from Canada where our water is super soft, and soap and shampoo bubbles easily and rinses off well leaving your hair soft and silky. Well during my vacation in London, I noticed that every time I showered my hair would feel straw like after. It was stiff, sticky and breaking easily. It wasn't silky smooth anymore. Then I found out London has hard water and the high amounts of magnesium and calcium in their water turns hair into straw, dry and brittle. Now I'm in Paris and their water is also hard... *sigh* but after tons of researching online, I found out argan oil is good for hair that's exposed to hard water. I then went to Carrefour (French grocery store) here in Paris and bought a bottle of this product ( it's called l'oreal elseve Liss- intense, huile d'argan) and voila!!! After one use my hair is 80% back to normal. I did notice though that after washing/ shampooing my hair 2x it felt slippery and had to rinse it really well. But omg!!! This stuff is a lifesaver!! If you're in Europe and the city you're in has hard water that's turning your locks into a sticky, straw like mess buy this stuff. It really works!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, frizzy, thick hair which lacks shine. I've tried so many products - but this is the one that has made the biggest difference.
I've been using this with the conditioner about every second day for 3 weeks and I love it. My hair feels lighter, smoother, silkier and looks amazing. It's shiny once more, and feels really soft. I'm now finding it easier to manage, and it seems to stay cleaner for longer.
About twice a week I use the mask after shampooing. I'll post a review on it soon.
Just a quick note - DON'T be fooled by the price! It may seem cheap, but you don't get LOTS in the bottle. (Anyway, I think it's worth paying a little extra for locks this epic, haha!)
It's seriously a miricle in a bottle. Recommended to pretty much everyone! Will be repurchasing.

on 5/27/2012 9:46:00 PM

Love this. I am using the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask & serum. Works great when you use them all together. I usually use salon brand expensive hair products but have now changed for good. Only bad thing I can say is the bottles are really small. With my old brand "bedhead" you could buy 750ml bottles which lasted forever! Would definately buy this again & recommend to all with dry, frizzy hair for smooth beautiful shine!

on 6/16/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a review for the L'oreal Elvive Smooth-Intense masque. First off, I have colour treated hair (every 6-8 weeks I get foils and colour done), damaged due to this and the amount of unprotected heat styling (stupid teenager habbits) my hair has now turned into a dry, brittle mess. I purchased this product after my Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator ran out and I didn't have the spare NZD$40 around to get it, so when I saw this product in the supermarket for NZD$8 I thought I would give it a try! After the first use, my hair felt so soft and silky and most of the frizz in my hair was gone! The only reason I only gave it a 4 star rating is due to the fact that the frizzy bits have not completely disappeared, having said that my hair is quite frizzy and this did improve the elesticity of my hair, the body of it, and did improve the shine and smoothness! So happy with the product, mainly because of the price. I have tried MANY salon products, ranging from NZD$20-$50 that do the same thing this product does! This is an awesome alternative for everyday/weekly use. I will be trying this with my WONDERCAP (for you kiwis here :P) and will see if that helps the product's results :D
I did get this on special so I think its usually about NZD$11.50 but even then, it's very afffordable! I went to the supermarket today and bought the shampoo and conditioner and will edit this review when I have had more experience with it. :)