L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Intensive Masque

No Image

4.1

on 1/6/2015 9:27:00 AM

I have fine, highlighted hair, that I straighten a few times a week. I have not been using any colour protecting products on my hair to help protect my highlights from fading, and I was noticing that a few weeks in to highlighting my hair, the colour was getting dull and fading a little. I decided to try this mask to see if it gave my colour an extra boost, and could prolong the brightness a bit. The mask comes in a round, red plastic tub, and the product itself is a pink colour, with a gel-cream like consistency. It has a nice fruity/floral scent, which lasts on my hair for most of the day, although I donít find it to be overpowering.

After shampooing, I apply a good scoop of the mask onto the lengths of my hair, massage it in, comb it through, and leave it for a few minutes to sink in, before giving it a good rinse. During rinsing, my hair always feels silky smooth after using the mask, however when I blow dry, it does feel quite coated. Once my hair is fully dried and straightened it still feels a bit coated, although this does seem to settle as the day goes on. On the plus side, I do feel that this mask makes my hair look thicker, and it definitely revives my highlights. I donít think I will re-purchase despite its colour-brightening properties, as I hate the feeling of residue that it leaves me with. I will finish off the tub that I have, but I will be trying alternatives to this mask in the hope of finding something that both brightens my hair and also leaves it feeling silky.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is ok (IMO) I find it weighs my hair down a bit and I don't see much difference in prolonging the color. I think there are better hair masks out there plus I think the tub is to clumsy looking won't repurchase.

on 10/24/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this product twice a week on my bleached blonde hair. I absolutely love it. It leaves my hair silky, shiny and hydrated after the torture I put my hair through. I blowdry and flatiron my hair everyday so I need intense moisture to repair it. This is usually on sale at Pharma for $4 or $5 so you can't go wrong. Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have only just dyed my hair a bright red and i bought this with the shampoo and conditioner to see if it would work! Welll three weeks on my hair is soft and smooth and shiny! thw colour is still very vibrant! I want to try and keep it as when it washes out i know some people go ginger and that would look weird on me! Also smells great

on 7/20/2011 5:05:00 PM

I can't comment on it's colour protecting claims as my hair is only freshly dyed but this mask leaves my hair soft and shiny and it smells lovely. I comb it through all of my hair once a week and I'm very impressed with it so far. I'll update on its colour protecting abilities at a later date.

******EDIT*******

Its been around about a month since I dyed my hair and have been using this product and whilst it has faded slightly, It has not desended into that "brassy orange faded dye colour." My hair is still the auburn that I dyed it, just slightly lighter that when it was freshly dyed. Its now time to retouch up my roots and the colour has lasted nicely. Overall I'm very impressed and will definetly repurchase and reccommend.

on 8/7/2010 7:51:00 PM

This treatment is great for my hair. I only just dyed it, so I've alternating between using this and the conditioner that came with my hair colour. Only a few days after I coloured my hair it was back to the exact same state it was before I coloured, and I think it was mostly this masque. While my hair feels a bit weird when I rinse it off, it's when I dry my hair that I can really feel how soft the treatment makes it. Great product, I'd definitely buy it again if it was on special!

I love this mask! It makes my bleached and re-dyed hair softer, less frizzy and easy to comb.

I've only given it 4 as it does contain a lot of silicone and you don't get a lot for the price.

on 3/31/2009 3:40:00 PM

Love this stuff, it makes my hair feel sooo soft! It actually helps my coloured hair keep its colour and not fade for longer. Its divine! Youve gotta try!!

Golly gosh, I love this stuff! The full Elvive range has only become available recently in Australia and as I recently got my hair re-coloured, I figured I'd give it a go.

It looks like pink custard in the tub and has a slight fragrance to it (which doesn't bother me too much, but people who are super-sensitive to fragrances might not like it too much).

But my goodness...it leaves my hair soooo soft, shiny and smooth. It hasn't felt like this in...months! I'm not sure how it's doing with retaining the intensity of colour in my hair, but it feels divine!

***EDIT: I'm taking one lippy off now that my hair isn't permed any more. It really tends to weigh my hair down now and I have to rinse rinse rinse before the gunky "silicone" feeling is gone.

on 12/25/2006 4:31:00 PM

Even though this seems choc-full of 'cones, this REALLY seems to suit my hair. Leaves it gorgeously soft but build-up free and it smells lovely too, gentle but reminiscent of Tresor by Lancome perfume. This masque seems to help my hair cope with regular abuse from straightners too.