Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

Philosophy The Present  Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 8/20/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great if you're doing a face and don't want your makeup to budge for a looooong time. I also like that its moisturizing and doesn't break me out or feel super silicone-y. My issue with it is that it makes it difficult to blend my makeup if I'm wearing this as a base, so things like blush and contour end up looking a bit stiff. I'm sure there is a way around that, as makeup artists seem to love this stuff.

This is not worth adding. It doesn't make any difference with me.

on 3/14/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

2 thumbs down

on 7/7/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this after watching goss makeup rave review. Overall it is a good primer. I live in Texas and summers are intense. I have oily skin. The first time I used it I noticed after application and 3 minute wait that my skin did look matte, and primer works like glue. I did notice that I can get more wear before I start to show oil through my foundation. I have continued to use and now I notice that it does not keep my oils at bay any longer than my all time HG primer, Benefit Porefessional. I will experiment with it some more maybe in the fall and winter and see how it hold sup.

Pros:
Great packaging
smooth application
No odor
great for oily skin

Cons:
Pricey
not recommended for sensitive skin
Not a pore reducer or smoother

on 7/23/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after hearing about all they hype. Turns out that it contains lavender oil which is known to cause skin-cell death, whether you see it or not. There are plenty of primers out there and this is one you should definitely skip on by. I will not repurchase.

I was really excited to try this , but it really let me down. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but first I applied my moisturizer, waited about 5 minutes and then the primer , waited about 5 more and the applied my foundation, waited and then my powder. By the end of church I got in the car, looked in the mirror and my makeup started separating on my nose and chin. My makeup looks better without the primer. For reference I use neautrogena oil free moisturizer and revlon color-stay makeup and powder.

on 2/12/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice primer. It helps the skin look more perfected. Sometimes I use it without any foundation because it makes the skin just look nice. Your pores are sort of minimized and your skin is smoother. But make sure you wait a few minutes before applying anything on top because otherwise it comes out kind of wonky. I wouldn't buy it again because it just doesn't do enough for my skin, especially for the price. I am still on the hunt for the HG primer. But I do recommend it if you just want slightly more perfected skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after watching Goss Makeup Artists video claiming that it was the best primer ever... And I'd have to agree!!! I swear it's like they took glue and put it inside this bottle! I use it after my moisturizer and before my foundation (allowing 3 minutes in between like the directions say to) and it really works. with a lot of primers I don't see much of a difference, but this one does the trick. one time I wore it over night and woke up with my skin still looking the same & my mom even noticed then went out and bought herself a bottle. I think this product is underrated even though it is more on the pricey end. I recommend it to everyone!

on 5/1/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So I really wanted to give this primer a try after all the rave I've heard about it. It is a good primer I wasn't blown away on the way it hid your pores, because it really didn't. However, your makeup does stay on like crazy. It holds it into place and your will be going no where with this makeup.
The reason I'm giving this product a bad review is because It broke me out like crazy. If you have sensitive skin run far far away from this primer! As soon as I was in a little bit of sun my face was red and tons of pimples all over my face. It has taken about 2-3 weeks for my face to clear up. I have aside from the sensitivity, really clear skin but this primer was not at all my friend.

on 6/23/2015 8:48:00 AM

I bought this after watching Goss Makeup Artist on youtube. He went on about how good this stuff was. So I purchased this for about $50. Nope, it's not worth it. It's just a face cream. In fact my makeup goes on so much better without it. Why did he lie?