Schwarzkopf Blonde Toner

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.2

OH MY!
I got balayage (ombre) done in my hair back in Feb 2015, it is now July 2015 and my hair was looking a little.. gross. It had these yucky gold tones, looked like i had done the dye job at home. Was just a mess. SO i went back to the hairdresser i got my hair done at and for them to put a toner through it, it was going to be $90+. I was not going to pay anywhere near that much. On my way home i stopped off at my local discount pharmacy to get some new shampoo and conditioner and other supplies. While i was in the isle, i saw this toner for $7 AUD. I did a quick google search to look at reviews, they were all raving about this toner. I will add to that list! IT IS AMAZING. I put it through my hair, left it for 5min and washed it out. Didn't notice too much of a different until i dried it off. NO MORE GOLD! I was back to the ashy blonde colour I fell in love with! It dried my hair out the tiniest bit, but nothing conditioner couldn't fix. I would buy this product a million times over! Wear gloves when you use it, stains your hands a lovely purple shade. For such a cheap product, AMAZING!

on 8/11/2014 6:16:00 PM

My natural hair colour is dark brown and can only be seen in the sun which explains that my hair pigment is sooo dark that it can be impossible to sometimes achieve blonde hair. Recently I DIY ombred my hair and was looking for a good toner to neutralise the brassiness or simply to brighten the colour and decided to purchase swarzkopf live xxl toner mousse in Mo1 icy platinum. On the packaging it states that the product is used to neutralise yellow tones, however I used this on my asian hair after I ombréd it and I found that my ombré became lighter. It does suggest that it should be left for 5-15 minutes but if you have darker hair like mine and your just looking for a toner to bring life back to your hair I would suggest you to leave the toner longer (up to 30-45) minutes since your working with darker hair. Overall I find that this product enhance my ombre and would recommend you to this product for a short term experience.this product can be used more than three times as suggested. For the packaging I would say that it is handy since in comes in a pump bottle and the price is reasonable retailing around £4.00. Overall I would say that this product is great to use for a semi permanent look but I would advice those who are looking for a longer result then invest it a more expensive toner.

Ive tried using this for five minutes on my hair and it only makes the slightest difference. I'll give ten minutes a go and post my results.
EDIT: Ten minutes and not that impressed! I've also tried the "Nordic" blonde toner and there
is not a great deal of difference. The toning results only last immediately after and no longer

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been buying this product for a long time - it works so well to keep away the yellow and leaves your hair a nice soft toned blonde. I leave it in for 20 minutes if my hair is looking in need of it but usually 10 minutes is enough. Have found that if I do go overboard and leave it in too long the purple tint on your really blonde strands will wash out next time you shampoo. Easily the easiest and best toner I know of (although our product range is pretty limited in NZ). Leaves your hair soft, it has some conditioning properties but you do need to use a conditioner afterwards.

on 11/10/2006 7:05:00 PM

This is a deep violet conditioner to be applied to hair for 5 minutes after shampooing. I imagine that the deepness of the violet shade would help to remove brassiness but I don’t find this conditioner to be moisturising. I’m going to stick with L’Oreal Shine Blonde shampoo to keep brassiness at bay.