Tocca Stella EDP

Tocca Stella EDP

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually tend towards more unisex or masculine fresh fragrances and this disappointed me a little.

I'm quite sensitive to fragrances and this just gives me a headache after a while. I also can't figure out the scent. I get no blood orange at all, just very linear powdery florals and musk. It smells quite synthetic to me. I also think this might suit someone older or more mature as it is a very "grown-up", "serious" scent. Doesn't remind me of the countryside in Italy (and I am half Italian), but when I've worn it I get "La Vie En Rose" stuck in my head, so I feel it would be a lovely romantic scent on someone. Reminds me of (at least my recollection of) Chanel No5 and other vintage fragrances. If you are into those, definitely check this out.

For the price, I also find the packaging a bit lacking, as the label isn't really printed on the bottle (20ml), it's just a regular sticker. And the cap is plastic.

on 4/18/2017 8:49:00 AM

I admit I love Fixer Upper and the woman host interest me to no end. I love her look but I'm older and my hair will never look like her gorgeous locks. Anyway, I decided to try her scent, Tocca's Stella. I absolutely love it. It is somewhat citrusy but definitely has floral in it. I'm not up on specific notes but on me, the drydown is lovely. I've gotten complements on it.

I bought a small size on eBay and splurged on a full size at Sephora. This is a scent I will keep repurchasing.

on 3/18/2017 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a smaller vial of this. The scent is a light orange and floral scent that I really enjoy and made me picture being around flowering orange trees but as I wear it the orange fades and I am left with just a light floral. If the orange lingered as long as the floral I would consider purchasing this but I am not a fan of florals by themselves which is what I feel this turns into. If you like light florals you might enjoy this.

on 3/11/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may have replaced Coco Mademoiselle as by all-time favorite. Fruity, floral, and my favorite citrus, plus some spice. So beautiful! The bottle is heavy and old-fashioned, I love it. I'll buy this again and again. I hope it's never discontinued!!

on 2/23/2017 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes and I get complimented every time I wear it. It is so warm, but still fresh and reminds me of summer.

I don't know if it smells different in America, but the Tocca Stella perfumes sold in Denmark/Europe smells nothing like the Britney Spears Curious (which I also like and do own). I don't see the resemblans.

This is a perfume that I will always repurchase and always have in my collection. Along with jpg Classique and Chanel Chance eau tendre.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was an interesting wake-up perfume for me--lots of blood orange, but mixed with something woodsy, a little floral. I usually like fruity florals, so this would seem to fit the bill, but this is different than any other fruity floral I own. It's richer or deeper, something I can't quite pinpoint, almost with a bite.

I know. After swearing my life long allegiance to Stella McCartney here I am. Cheating.
And with another Stella.
I was perusing the roller balls at my local Sephora (I find I like to test purchase a fragrance I've already tested this way) And found this. I had tested this in the spritz previously and liked it, but it wouldn't be the first fragrance that turned on me once I'd bought her.
But I am pleased to report that she is just as lovely as I had tested.
To me this is the perfect Spring scent.
The reviewers who compared this to B.S. Curious are off their rockers. Curious is much sweeter and nowhere near this complex and warm.
Stella is beautiful and the blood orange gives the white freesia a nice complexity. And as the fragrance settles the sheer musk warms it up deliciously.
I love the dry down on the this fragrance.
I happened to be wearing this the day I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in years. And when we hugged and went to part she pulled me back in saying "Good Lord you smell heavenly, let me huff you in a little more"
And that is a pretty ringing endorsement.

on 1/21/2015 1:19:00 AM

I agree with everyone that this smells like a more sophisticated version of Britney's Curious but more orange-y and less floral. I bought the small bottle at Anthropologie which is perfect for me because I have so many bottles of fragrance in my rotation, and I don't want to waste any unused product because it went bad. The scent lasts for maybe three hours or so, and I almost never feel like I'm offending anyone or overdoing it with the scent like I do with Chanel Chance (which I really like) or Flowerbomb.

on 11/28/2014 11:38:00 PM

This perfume is very old ladylike. I get a headache when I wear this perfume. I love the elegance of these perfumes by Tocca. They look so cute on your vanity. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing this scent as it is too heavy and outdated for my taste.

on 10/11/2014 7:56:00 AM

I found this to be way too sweet and heavy - almost cloying. It is a pretty scent but I just don't like smelling it all day long.

Popular Fragrances