Bonne Bell Lip Smackers -- Cherry Coca Cola

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Bonne Bell Lip Smackers -- Cherry Coca Cola

4.3

Castor seed oil, cetyl acetate, beeswax, candelilla wax, flavor, polybutene, sesame seed oil, propylene glycol, ozokerite, carnauba wax, acetylated lanolin alcohol, mineral oil, hydrogenated soy glycerides, paraffin, wheat germ oil, stearic acid, propyl gallate, citric acid, limonene, cinnamyl alcohol, methyl 2-octynoate, benzyl benzoate, linalool, citronellol, geraniol, coumarin, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, isoeugenol, neotame, sodium saccharin. ( May contain coloring ingredients.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this one in the balm form. The Lip Smacker balms in general are pleasant, but not too moisturizing or anything. So I took a point off in my rating for that. This one is sweet and strong cherry with a light cola flavor. This balm is more accurate than Vintage Sister's Cherry Cola flavor. It even tastes a little like cherry. However, I wouldn't repurchase since this balm is too strong on the cherry. (I wanted a stronger Coke flavor.)

on 12/2/2007 10:17:00 PM

LOVE THIS! This is definitely my second favorite alongside dr. pepper =)
It smells like the real deal, and it always amazes me how identical they smell to the actual drink!!!! This also gives my lips a rosy glow which i adore =)
I will always buy this so long as I can find it!

I used to like Lip Smackers when Bonne Bell owned the company before Markwins took over and bought it. Back then, Lip Smacker and Bonne Bell catered to us collectors (we buy thousands of lip balms a year. I used to buy like twenty thousand lip balms). They would create new flavors just for us collectors, and they didn't need Disney products to carry the brand like nowadays.

In 2015, Markwins bought Lip Smackers and Bonne Bell. I was so worried about if the quality would be good like with Bonne Bell, and I was right that the quality would turn bad. Markwins keeps putting out the same flavors in different packaging for all the seasonal years. They started to make LS and BB products in China when they've been made in the USA since the beginning. Us collectors complain all the time to Markwins, but I don't understand why they don't cater to us. I don't understand why they can't create new flavors for us collectors to buy. Lazy, lazy, lazy!

I wish Markwins were more grateful for the dedicated fans they acquired when they bought LS from the Bells. Seriously, the world doesn’t revolve around Disney branding.

I mean, come on, we spend our entire salary every year buying over thousands of LS products unlike the other lowly customers who only purchase LS products like, maybe once a year.Markwins sticks to about 8-10 flavors and renames them 20x’s. *Eye rolls* With all the money they’re making from the Tsum Tsums WHY aren’t they spending it on R&D for new and AUTHENTIC flavors!?! I like, wrote in on Facebook about my thoughts and someone had the nerve to say to my post that Markwins won't cater to us because we're not the general public. We're a niche brand and a small niche. The person had the nerve to say that since Markwins is a big company, they have no time to target small niches like us. The person also said we're in the 1% and no company is interested in us because we're that low.

I'm like, excuse me????!!! Us collectors are so not niches at all. We helped build up the company to how great and powerful it is for today. If it weren't for us collectors, this company wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Now, Markwins is ruining everything that Bonne Bell stood for. Also, that person said since another company took out, the management would manage BB and LS differently than Bonne Bell did because of the switch of companies.

Even if we’re the 1%, we spend 10X as much as the regular consumer, who doesn’t buy every new Party Pack coming out, or collection-most of us do! So our opinion does matter. How hard is it to do a few brand new flavors a year and some really good originals collections? I literally avoid any Disney branded Smacker now. I will buy any but that just to spite it.

Emily Huang is now head of all Bonne Bell/Lip Smackers brands at Markwins. Clearly, she’s sleeping at the wheel because they haven’t done anything with the BB brand and clearly nothing new with Lip Smacker. Bill George is her boss. Both need to leave cosmetics immediately

That is so, so wrong! They should manage LS and BB the same because we're the companies bread and butter.

UGH! I'm so over Markwins. Anyone with me?

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I adore this! I got it in an eight pack of soda lip smackers, and this one is probably my favourite. It smells delicious, and just like cherries and cola. The packaging is very cute, although it is the kind of packaging that will wear off after a while. I got the eight pack of lip balms for approx. $10, which is a great price. The colour of this lip balm is a bright red, but it goes on as a very sheer pink gloss on your lips. It feels smooth and quite moisturizing, and has a slightly sweet taste. For the price, this is great!

I was looking for a lip product to take with me on a sailing trip. I wanted a bit of colour but not something I need a mirror for. I did a search and these babies rate really high! I think the last time I had one was when I was twelve! While still rather immature at times and a teacher of 12 year olds, I couldn't resist. Luckily I found a set of the Cola ones on sale at London Drugs for $3!!!! What a steal. The SA said the company is no longer? Anyway, these three should last ages. So glad I did some research. I spend way too much on lip stuff and at any given time have at least 7 lip products in my purse (and it is a small purse!)

on 1/6/2011 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this in a pack with the original Coca-Cola and Vanilla Coke, and I must say, this one is my favourite of the three (actually, it may just be my favourite lip balm ever!). I just love its sheer red tint and subtle glossy effect on my lips! As other reviewers have mentioned its a 'your lips but better' type lip balm. So cheap, and amazing!

on 5/28/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought the package with regular coke, for my daughter. She didn't like the cherry coke. I tried it and wow it's my favorite lip gloss. Keeps my chapped lips smooth. Better than the $20 gloss in department stores.

Love it! Second only to the pink lemonade.