MAC Cream Colour Base

3.4

on 12/10/2017 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have the cream colour base in Midtone Sepia, which has lasted me years. I have light-medium olive skin and it's great for both my eyeshadow and cheek/face contouring. For me it really is something I can use all over my face. It adds depth and warmth after I do my foundation and/or concealer and I think the colour is beautiful.

For some skin tones (especially those that are more pale), I think this shade could come off quite orange, but it works well on my skin and I use it throughout the entire year. It's very pigmented and once it's applied, it doesn't fade for a long time. I definitely have to be careful how much of it I use though, since a brush can pick up a lot of colour and it can look cakey when too much is applied. A little goes a very long way with this product, and for that reason, I've had it for so long and it's in my every day makeup kit.

It's not the cheapest multi-purpose product, but for me it's been worth it because I've found a shade that I love using on my eyes and cheeks, which I typically incorporate in my daily makeup routine. It goes on smoothly and can build up colour really well, so it's easy to control how much to put on. I've used my fingers before as well, which works great.

I recommend this product, especially if you find a shade that works for you. If you've got light-medium olive skin, check this shade out. It's really a product I can't imagine replacing in my daily routine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have these in the shades Nude, Pearl, and Bronze. Nude is great for great as a base for my powder highlighters and blushes, but that is about it. If you find that your MSF highlighters don't show up as well on your skin, this is great for it. I originally got it because I thought it would also be good as an eyeshadow primer but it creases sooo much after about an hour. Also, it is slightly darker than my skin tone (I am around NC 20/25). I use Pearl as a highlighter for my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, cupid's bow, and brow bone. There's not much else to say about it, it's pretty generic in terms of cream highlighters. I use Bronze in place of a powder bronzer during the summer because it lasts longer and has a soft shimmery finish which very pretty in the sun. It's a little hard to blend so you have to work quickly, I just use my fingers or sometimes a wet sponge to blend it out. Store these in a cool place, because if it gets too hot they start to separate and this clear yellowish liquid forms on top. I just wipe it off with a tissue or leave it in the fridge and it usually goes away.

on 2/18/2011 1:29:00 PM

Perfect for an eye shadow base, or for a light sparkle on your eyes by itself. I use the Shell base under all my eye shadows now, and you can really tell at the end of the day when your eye shadow still looks great that it is working! I stopped getting a dark line of eye shadow in the crease of my eyelid since I started using this!

I love the idea of these but the ones I have are a strange mixed bag of tricks. The one I do really like is the Emanuel Ungaro Bougainvillea - gives a wind-bitten cherry pink flush that looks really natural on fair skintones. I also have Shell - which is basically a cream highlighter (and I don't really 'do' frosty so this one's my own error in judgement) and Fresh Morning.

Fresh morning is a dirty lavender tinged pink which is also uber pale. It's almost exactly my fair skintone but a touch too ashen. I have yet to find a use for this but I did try as under the eyes brightener & worked well there. Very strange colour for a face product. Maybe it's meant to amp up that pale canvas look?

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have cream colour base in Pearl which is a pearlescent white with a goldish tinge. I use it on my cheekbones, browbones, bridge of nose, and cupids bow, also sometimes as an eyeshadow base (if you use it for this purpose be sure to set it with a powder). I really love this product it's really versatile and I use it almost everyday in my makeup routine. The only bad this about this I would say would be when using it on my face, if I powder over it it will sort of look muddy. I have found that I can apply it over powder and it looks fine though. I defintely recommend this product and would purchase again.

Although this is good it's not the best highlighter out there, i much prefer macs strobe cream which i have reviewed, much much better, if you're a boy, if you're a girl this is very feminine and more of a going out product as opposed to a day product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

hiyas
i bought this mac cream colour madly magneta base and was told that i can wear it eyes cheeks and lips. Real reason why i bought it b/c its mulit-purpose. However, when i opened the package it said not to use for eyes. I was so upset then read the reviews how crappy it is for eyes, so im returning it.

on 7/26/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I bought this as an e/s base... but ended using it as a highlighter instead. It creases terribly as a shadow, but works incredibly as a creamy highligter when patted lightly on to cheekbones with your fingertips. I have this in 'Luna' which is a shimmery creamy white colour. I definitely want to try other CCBs - but I have a feeling with the tiny amount I use, this won't run out any time soon.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I want to love this product I really do but something is just not right.
I have Cream Colour base in 'Improper Copper' & unfortunately only after I purchased it did i see the website mentioned 'dont use on eye area'...well then, where the hell should I use it.
Yeah, i do get use out of it as a cheek blush during the summer & Id be happy if this was specifically what its for but its not. So my question to MAC is - why cant one use this colour on the eye ??
Id like to try this product in 'Pearl' because this you can use on the eye, as a highlight,on cheeks.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The colour was fantastic! However it remained sticky on my eyelid even after being set with eyeshadow powder. The whole make up look just kinda slid around my eyes, it was also creasing even after primer!
The price was reasonable, i would buy again but prob need to research how to use correctly also which is the best brush/tool to apply. Any advice would be great!
Lynds xx