Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

4.1

This is probably one of my favorite lotions in my collection. I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I use it every winter. And the smell makes me want to eat it! It smells like candy canes and vanilla. The packaging is really cute, too. But mine has a different packaging than the other ones you might see in other reviews for this product. And I'm not sure what the price was, since I got it as a gift. This is a really great product, and I recommend it to anyone who loves minty smelling things.

on 12/5/2014 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Yowza! This stuff tingles something serious if you apply it directly out of the shower! It's a cold tingle, and I end up having to bundle up in robes if I use this all over until the cooling effect has worn off. It's not unpleasant, just a little off putting for winter time.

With that said, this smells delicious. Just like Thin Mint girl scout cookies. It's a nice, soothing scent that isn't over powering or too sweet. The mint is off set nicely by the sweetness.

Very holiday. Very nice.

on 1/16/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a Christmas present, along with the hand creme and the shower gel. If you love minty scents, you will adore this. Depending on how much you apply, it can have a slight tingle. I've become addicted to applying it multiple times a day for the scent alone. The mint is not overwhelming because of the musky vanilla notes. Love this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product last X-mas and really enjoy using it during the holidays. To me, the cooling sensation is what makes this lotion a standout. It moisturizes well enough without being too heavy. The scent, while strong at first, is still pleasant and wears off after a while (Which I like. I don't want to smell like peppermint all day!) My favorite time to wear this lotion is right after I shave and am heading to bed. It does not burn after shaving. I have the 3-in-1 shower gel and really love that, too.

on 11/15/2007 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

mmmm. delicious scent. fast absorbing lotion. I use it primarily on my hands and the cooling sensation is awesome and really doesn't bother me like it does some others.
i'm going to go back and get a few more bottles.
also have the 3-in-1 body wash and i think i prefer the lotion- the scent just lasts longer.

on 2/21/2007 5:51:00 PM

The one and only time I used this lotion after a shower, I instantly felt FREEZING from head to toe, and not in a good, bracing way. I was so cold I couldn't seem to warm up no matter what I did. Even standing next to the radiator didn't help. It was a very unpleasant experience on a cold winter's night. Not recommended in cold climates!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the minty-sweet scent of this lotion and the lasting power of the scent is very good. However, I think I will stick to using this lotion only on very small portions of my body or in warmer weather because the tingling sensation is quite extreme. I slathered it all over after my shower today and at first I didn't feel anything. Then after about a minute I felt this tingling sensation and all of a sudden I felt soo cold! I had to get dressed right away but even that didn't help. You just have to wait for the sensation to die down, which it does.

If it was summer I would be loving this stuff. I am going on a tropical vacation this summer and will surely bring this lotion with me to refresh myself and feel cooled off after tanning and the such. I may use this now on just my arms or the dry patches on the backs on my thighs, not all over. I can stand to tingle in just a few small areas. Overall I do like this a lot. I love how the mint is tempered with a sweet, creamy vanilla so its not overpowering. This is no longer available in stores. I got mine off Ebay. Hopefully it will be brought back next X-mas.

Popular Lotions / Creams