Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

3.7

on 1/11/2016 4:05:00 PM

I can't stand the smell of this stuff. It's offensive to my nostrils!

I love it! it's refreshing and tingles. It's especially nice if you have a cold. I think it's the best wintertime scent from B&BW

I hate everything about this lotion.
I smelled it in the store and thought it smelled fantastic as I adore mint, but a while after I bought it I found that the peppermint scent of it smelled very cheap and has an underlying tone to it that I don't like.
The formula of this particular lotion is different than the others (maybe it's just mine?). It feels almost oily and almost like Mayonnaise to me and it seems like it doesn't want to absorb into my skin.
I do not have this problem with any other BBW lotions, just this one.

on 11/27/2012 4:49:00 PM

At first I thought I wasn't going to like this because I thought it was a pure peppermint smell and I didn't want to walk around smelling like a breathmint. So one day when I was in the store, I applied some on my hands and got the initial peppermint burst but 10 minutes later, the peppermint softens into a lovely fresh vanilla smell. It does have a tingly feeling the first few minutes that it is applied so I could see this lotion working well in the summer time as well to cool down. I have been applying this lotion non stop. I just wish they would have had the body cream in store this year as I find those more moisturizing. If you haven't tried this yet, go ahead and give it a shot. It really does get you in the holiday spirit with its peppermint coolness :)

I LOVE this lotion! One of my all time favorites! It smells just like a candy cane....peppermint swirled with creamy vanilla. The lotion is all right for moisturizing, but I am mostly after the scent anyway since I don't have real dry skin. I bought this for the first time this past Christmas and fell in love with it! I used the entire bottle in one week! LOL So I bought 10 more off of Ebay to last me a while. I also have the splash and 3in1 and both are just as great. The splash doesn't have the same exact smell as the lotion, but is still good. I love this when it is hot outside for a nice tingly cooling sensation. Good to put in the fridge and use on super hot days!! :) Wish they sold it all year long!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

it smells really pepperminty, at first.
then after it wears off its really sweet.
i love this
:D

This smells just like peppermint. I love to wear this around the holidays!

on 12/14/2008 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this product and the Twisted Peppermint line from BBW. The difference between this lotion and the cream (in the tube) is that the lotion has a thinner consistency and is a bit less moisturizing in comparison. The line smells like sweet vanilla mint and is very similar to what I would imagine peppermint to be and is exactly like candy canes. I thought it would smell like toothpaste at first, but it is so much sweeter than that and is wearable.

The lotion itself is not greasy and spreads well. I wish the fragrance lasted longer, but I have found that layering the different products works in prolonging the scent on your skin. Like others have said, there is a cooling/tingling sensation when you use the lotion on your skin. It's pretty interesting but if you are cold in the winter, you may get colder!

All in all, great product; great scent and not too expensive. I have essentially purchased almost everything from the Twisted Peppermint line!

on 12/3/2008 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought the body cream thinking i will like it because i love peppermint. This was wayyyy too sweet for my liking. It smells like candycane and the thought of having this all over my body is just too sickenly sweet and cloying. I used this as a foot cream and yet it was too sweet for my taste. Very festive though. I returned it. At Cdn $11 it's too much $$ for a product that I'm not too thrilled about.

on 10/20/2008 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love the smell, but this is not a good lotion for wintertime. It's not particularly moisturizing, and this stuff leaves the longest lasting cold tingle on my skin. It's kind of uncomfortable, actually. I'd repurchase other items for the scent, but not the lotion.

Popular Lotions / Creams