Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm
Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 9/21/2017 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have always suffered from extreme dry lips, so I am always on the hunt for a really good lip balm. This one seems to fit the bill pretty nicely. I always have is on hand, I especially like it at night. It seems to keep my lips pretty hydrated, without feeling greasy. I apply to my lips and any excess I apply to my cuticles. This is a good value and something that I always have at my desk, in my purse and in my night stand. I have recently purchased the tube and works just the same. Will continue to use and have repurchased quite often.

on 7/24/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

The mint flavor can be cool and refreshing at times but I prefer the regular rosebud salve. The balm melts easily in warm weather and can make it difficult to open the tin. Left it in a warm car during summer in NY and melted onto the inside of my bag. The product is pretty great, but the packaging is lacking. It is ideal to keep at home, but not to travel with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Review of Smith’s Minted Rose lip Balm

The Smith’s Rosebud balm has been around for a hundred years and is often photographed in those celebrity “what’s-in-your-purse” features in magazines, therefore I had to see what all the fuss is about and find out if it would help my perma-chapped lips situation. I went for the “Minted Rose” flavor which promises a slight tingle from the mint. Problem #1: Am I the only person who can’t stand this tin packaging?! I can’t get the thing open to save my life. The outside gets a smidge greasy from the product and then forget it – you will never again be able to open this easily. So OK once I have used the jaws of life and managed to pry the lid off, do I even like the product inside? Problem 2: It is definitely nothing special and does nothing great for my chronically dry lips. The balm is thin in texture so it doesn’t condition my lips or last longer than 30 minutes once applied. It looks slightly pink in the tin but goes on completely clear. If I’m going for a rose-scented balm, I much prefer the By Terry Baume de Rose over this – that product is thick, rich, smells amazing, and the best part about it: I can open the jar thanks to the ingenius screw top. Of course, you pay a price for that perfection so I suppose this is the poor (wo)man’s substitute, but it’s a very poor one at that.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love the product, but it's sooooo hard to open.

on 5/13/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I prefer Nivea lip butter in any flavor to this. This migrates more and feels and looks more like Vaseline. I have deeply pigmented lips and prefer the way the Nivea tones them down a bit (slight white cast when you overapply). Although I like rose and mint, I am on the fence as to the combination. My DH is not a fan of the minted rose combo. I don't mind a pot formulation, but I keep them at home.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this product along with the original rosebud salve, and I love it just as much! It's moisturizing and gives my lips a healthy, glowing, sheer red tint. It also has a cooling effect when you apply it, which is convenient in those hot summer days. Saying that, I tend to avoid using this product during the winter time simply because of the cooling effect. Instead, I use the original. It lasts for a long time and the packaging is very cute. However, it's difficult to open, but I don't mind because it's such a good product. I will continue to repurchase when I run out.

While I love the smell and feel of this lip balm, I didn't find it particularly moisturizing or medicating as Carmex or even my Dr. Pepper lip smacker. I applied this at night, and when I woke up the next morning, I couldn't tell the difference in my lips. My lips still felt a bit dry, as if none of the moisture was really sinking in. But if you want a bit of shine to layer over lip liner and/or lipstick, and something that smells really good, I think it's a fine product.

Pros:
+ Keeps your lips moisturized, soft, hydrated instantly & for hours (no need to reapply)
+ Does not have bad taste or smell like other lip balms.
+ Cheap & this lip balm can be used for a year.

Cons:
+ The packaging is really hard to OPEN (never bring it out, use only at home)
+ Glossy

This review is exactly the same with my review of the original Smith's Rosebud Salve. The only difference is that Minted Rose gives you the cooling effect when you first apply it.

on 3/28/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is one product I had been wanting to try. I bought it and was so disappointed. I have been using it for almost 2 months now and nothing improved. it doesnt fully moisturise my lips and I have to apply it constantly (every 30 minutes). it was a waste of alot of money. I would rather grab my blistex dct or the blistex medplus before smiths

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

love this stuff - so moisturising and pretty on the lips

Top Rated Lip Treatments