Becca Hypnotise (Holiday 2006)

No Image

4.3

Glad Hypnotise Set was still available at Sephora. Xanthos Jewel Dust is described as "burnished bronzed gold" on the gold sleeve of the gift box. The pigment is a little more dense than MAC Pigments. Adds a gorgeous glow to eyes. It totally warms up pale winter skin, and makes my brown eyes "pop." Mustique Line and Illuminate Pencil is what caught my eye in the first place. One end is a rich brown with fine gold shimmer. The other end is a creamy, pink that goes on very smoothly and can be layered. It reminds of NARS All About Eve. Love it! Maraschino lip tint is a non-sticky, very sheer red gloss. It reminds me of Revlon Cherries in the Glow. It's great for a YLBB, just bitten lip. The lip and cheek creme blush duo LE has the colors Tuberose and Geranium. the brick red shade actually blends out to a sheer golden coral. The milky coral shade blends out to a beautiful peach. Both are so easy to apply and to blend. They surpass Stila CCs, which are heavier and easy to over-apply. This is the perfect set for the winter-spring months, a nice contrast to safe colors like pinks and taupes. By the way, I apply Xantho as a wash over the eyeliners with my MAC Blender brush. HTH grab this set while you can! UPDATE: Maraschino lipgloss is way too sheer to be useful.

on 12/18/2006 12:30:00 AM

I received this as a gift and have fallen in love with the lip and cheek creme duo and Mustique eye pencil. The staying power of the cremes are amazing - seriously, the tomato-red Geranium stays on for hours and hours on both lips and cheeks, even after drinking/eating. I was surprised this shade works so well with my cool coloring, but it's just neutral enough for that. And the pinky-coral Tuberose is so pretty on my cheeks, but is too pale on my pigmented lips. No matter, I love them both and the sturdy compact fits in my purse nicely. Maraschino l/g is a perfect compliment to both shades, as well, even though it doesn't have long lasting power. But it's not a sticky gloss and I prefer that. Now for the eye pencil - absolute perfection! The bronze side really accentuates my blue eyes (perfect as lower lash liner) and the pink highlighter end is so gorgeous without being frosty. As for the golden shimmer loose e/s, it's glamorous, but not practical for every day use, so I will save it for special occasion only. The only gripe I have is that Becca doesn't make a sharpener for the pencil. The one I bought from Sally's Beauty Supply works OK, but doesn't get the bronze end as sharp as I'd like it. If anyone knows of a good sharpener for this duo pencil, please message me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful way to experience some of the great products Becca has to offer at a super cheap price. In this set you get a glossy lip tint in Maraschino (a YLBB fleshy pink that even I can wear), Mustique liner + Illuminate pencil (a soft ME bronze liner with a nude pink shimmer illuminator that can be used as a shadow), a duo of Tuberose lip and cheek cream and Geranium cream blush (a warm flushed color and a pink/peach color with light shimmer) and Xantho jewel dust (bronze gold loose shadow that can be used on eyes, cheeks and lips).

I was very surprised at how well these all worked together. I thought the gloss was going to be all wrong for me based on the tube color but once applied it's so pretty and flattering. I do like to put Tuberose under the gloss for a warmer brick color. Cheeks are also a plesant surprise. The colors are warm toned, not cool and blend well together for a natural flushed look. Mustique I just love, it so easy an eye look to do and takes 15 seconds and Xantho looks great layered over the nude illuminator.

Set is a deal and a winner!

UPDATE- the red color is Geranium and the peach is Tuberose. Becca must have placed the pans wrong. Geranium is now part of the regular line.