BECCA Creme Eye Colour

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was one product I was sure I would hate. In fact, I had my makeup done three times by those Becca MAs and had been using the foundations, powders, and cream blushes for a few months before I bought one of these, and only because it was in a kit. That said, I now have them in EVERY single color except bronze gold. I just bought the newer patina and ametrine this weekend even. These are an unusual product and what I have found is 1) only apply lightly, otherwise it will crease and smudge and 2) these must be set with powder and look exceptional if one does that with the shimmer powders and 3) you can build coverage if you use the powders. These also work well with your powder shadows and can be blended together and some colors like quartz double as highlighters. So I've gone from skeptic to addict myself and highly recommend these for their fun and versatility to those that get kind of bored with traditional shadow.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love these shadows. The creamy consistency goes on well and it has great staying power for me. The color looks natural and feels great gliding on. Great shadows!

I love the color in Antique Gold. I received a sample of this, and just loved it. Normally , I shy away from browns, ect. , but this brownish-golden cream shadow looks terrific on my dark eyes. I usually stick to greys, silvers, and purples, ect., but this color makes your eyes pop!

The Antique Gold is a beautiful cream eye shadow, but could be too slippery for some. This will definitely crease, but there's quite a bit of product so you can reapply to your heart's content for months, lol. It's an interesting color, too, dark brown with some green and a hint of shimmer.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought it in Antique Gold.....a beautiful creme colour....easy to aplly,stays put for hours...doesn't smear...I love the shimmery texture as I hate dry ones! Very nice and blendable for darker or lighter effect! Will repurchase, but one is enough for months even if use it every day!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in Patina, the green gold color. Its a gorgeous smudgy color...definately for a party look, not for day time. Since its a little dark for my taste, I put light pink shadow underneath, up to my browbone. Then, I put Patina only up to my crease, and blend it upward. I then finish with a sheer coat of the light pink shadow over my entire lid. It softens the look, and makes it look seamless. For a more hardcore look, I would wear this alone. Its a great product, but a bit expensive ($24). I would buy it again, though.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This stuff works great as a base. I personally woudln't use it as a eyeshadow because it's somewhat greasy and doesn't look like it has much staying power. However, as a base, it works fantastic! I've used it for the past three days and each day after work there has been minimal if any creasing in my eyelids. It holds and makes eyeshadow last throughout the day. It's a bit pricey though, and the container is a bit hard to open, but overall it's a great product.

I was shocked when I opened this compact for the first time: There was a heavy layer of oil spread over the top of the shadow, just like you would find on a pizza. I was sure I would send it back, but decided to wipe it off with a tissue and see what was underneath. After wiping not only the oil but the top layer of shadow I was very pleasantly surprised. The color (Patina, a golden-green) is gorgeous, and I don't have problems with creasing. It looks terrific with my green eyes. Expensive, but worth it.

I got four of the creme eye shadows - Quartz, Graphite, Antique Bronze and Gold Bronze. I really like all of them! They blend very well, and seem to last a fair bit, for a creme product. I find they last longer when applied over powder - they also blend just fine over powder.

The Quartz is a shimmery light pink colour, perfect for every day, especially if you tend towards being fair.

Graphite is a wearable dark shimmery grey. Used as a wash, you can wear it during the day, or with layers as a smokey eye.

Antique Bronze is a really pretty failsafe colour - everyone who has tried it, loves it! It's a khaki-brown colour.

Bronze Gold is a terracota type colour - it's the colour the model on the Becca catalogue looks to be wearing.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Ametrine and I think this is an amazing colour with a really neat case. Which is why I gave it a two instead of a one. I think the product itself is awful. It's greasy--and I tried it with light application, heavier application, using a brush, no brush, over base, over powder, adding powder after...whatever. It lasts about 1 hour on me--then it vanishes--except for the crease lines it leaves. Which is a real shame--because the colour is wonderful. Now I have a new quest to find this colour in a different formula.
But I REALLY don't like this product.
UPDATED--I upped the rating to 3.
I found that if I put foundation/base on, then the eyeshadow, then powder over top it works very well. Still doesn't have great lasting power, but it is a nice subtle look and it doesn't crease like crazy. Not sure if I would repurchase...the colours are great but this is kind of more work than I want to deal with. Especially for something that is supposed to be easy to use. For those that don't need a base for their powder eyeshadows in order to get them to stay nicely, this might be a great choice.