BECCA Creme Eye Colour

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was one product I was sure I would hate. In fact, I had my makeup done three times by those Becca MAs and had been using the foundations, powders, and cream blushes for a few months before I bought one of these, and only because it was in a kit. That said, I now have them in EVERY single color except bronze gold. I just bought the newer patina and ametrine this weekend even. These are an unusual product and what I have found is 1) only apply lightly, otherwise it will crease and smudge and 2) these must be set with powder and look exceptional if one does that with the shimmer powders and 3) you can build coverage if you use the powders. These also work well with your powder shadows and can be blended together and some colors like quartz double as highlighters. So I've gone from skeptic to addict myself and highly recommend these for their fun and versatility to those that get kind of bored with traditional shadow.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Im so glad I got this on sale and was able to swap it away to someone more excited about the Becca line. This was absolute crap. I bought it in Patina and it looks gorgeous in pot but has horrible color payoff. It creased 1 hour later and disappeared! A ghost eyeshadow! I have to admit, like all other cosmetic lines, they have some hits and misses, so with that said, save your money ladies because Becca's creme shadows are a complete waste of moola, sale or no sale. :-D hope this helps some undecided buyers out there.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Ametrine and I think this is an amazing colour with a really neat case. Which is why I gave it a two instead of a one. I think the product itself is awful. It's greasy--and I tried it with light application, heavier application, using a brush, no brush, over base, over powder, adding powder after...whatever. It lasts about 1 hour on me--then it vanishes--except for the crease lines it leaves. Which is a real shame--because the colour is wonderful. Now I have a new quest to find this colour in a different formula.
But I REALLY don't like this product.
UPDATED--I upped the rating to 3.
I found that if I put foundation/base on, then the eyeshadow, then powder over top it works very well. Still doesn't have great lasting power, but it is a nice subtle look and it doesn't crease like crazy. Not sure if I would repurchase...the colours are great but this is kind of more work than I want to deal with. Especially for something that is supposed to be easy to use. For those that don't need a base for their powder eyeshadows in order to get them to stay nicely, this might be a great choice.

I gave this product lipsticks for the sultry colors, but the formula of this is awful. You could wear this for a photo shoot, but that's really about all. The greasiest creme eyeshadow I've tried. MAC Paints and Nars creme shadows are much better.

I got this in Antique Gold (deep green-tinged brown) and Bronze Gold (orangey brick). They go on very easily and evenly with the fingertips for a sheer, stained effect, extremely natural and quick to achieve. It just looks as if you have naturally browny-toned eyelids. The only thing I didn't like was the tendency to wear off very quickly, though in their defence they didn't smear or creep, just gradually and evenly disappear. If you were happy to reapply every couple of hours or so (and the compact includes a little mirror), this would not be a problem. As cream eyeshadows go, these are excellent and the colors are great, but like all creams wear is a problem so I would generally prefer a powder and will not repurchase.

I got four of the creme eye shadows - Quartz, Graphite, Antique Bronze and Gold Bronze. I really like all of them! They blend very well, and seem to last a fair bit, for a creme product. I find they last longer when applied over powder - they also blend just fine over powder.

The Quartz is a shimmery light pink colour, perfect for every day, especially if you tend towards being fair.

Graphite is a wearable dark shimmery grey. Used as a wash, you can wear it during the day, or with layers as a smokey eye.

Antique Bronze is a really pretty failsafe colour - everyone who has tried it, loves it! It's a khaki-brown colour.

Bronze Gold is a terracota type colour - it's the colour the model on the Becca catalogue looks to be wearing.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought it in Antique Gold.....a beautiful creme colour....easy to aplly,stays put for hours...doesn't smear...I love the shimmery texture as I hate dry ones! Very nice and blendable for darker or lighter effect! Will repurchase, but one is enough for months even if use it every day!

i usually love becca products, but patina just doesn't work for me. i love the powder shadows and have never had a problem with them creasing, but patina really creased and gave me a bad case of racoon eyes. so disapponited,waited a while to get it. definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in Patina, the green gold color. Its a gorgeous smudgy color...definately for a party look, not for day time. Since its a little dark for my taste, I put light pink shadow underneath, up to my browbone. Then, I put Patina only up to my crease, and blend it upward. I then finish with a sheer coat of the light pink shadow over my entire lid. It softens the look, and makes it look seamless. For a more hardcore look, I would wear this alone. Its a great product, but a bit expensive ($24). I would buy it again, though.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This stuff works great as a base. I personally woudln't use it as a eyeshadow because it's somewhat greasy and doesn't look like it has much staying power. However, as a base, it works fantastic! I've used it for the past three days and each day after work there has been minimal if any creasing in my eyelids. It holds and makes eyeshadow last throughout the day. It's a bit pricey though, and the container is a bit hard to open, but overall it's a great product.