BECCA Creme Eye Colour

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was one product I was sure I would hate. In fact, I had my makeup done three times by those Becca MAs and had been using the foundations, powders, and cream blushes for a few months before I bought one of these, and only because it was in a kit. That said, I now have them in EVERY single color except bronze gold. I just bought the newer patina and ametrine this weekend even. These are an unusual product and what I have found is 1) only apply lightly, otherwise it will crease and smudge and 2) these must be set with powder and look exceptional if one does that with the shimmer powders and 3) you can build coverage if you use the powders. These also work well with your powder shadows and can be blended together and some colors like quartz double as highlighters. So I've gone from skeptic to addict myself and highly recommend these for their fun and versatility to those that get kind of bored with traditional shadow.

I got this in Antique Gold (deep green-tinged brown) and Bronze Gold (orangey brick). They go on very easily and evenly with the fingertips for a sheer, stained effect, extremely natural and quick to achieve. It just looks as if you have naturally browny-toned eyelids. The only thing I didn't like was the tendency to wear off very quickly, though in their defence they didn't smear or creep, just gradually and evenly disappear. If you were happy to reapply every couple of hours or so (and the compact includes a little mirror), this would not be a problem. As cream eyeshadows go, these are excellent and the colors are great, but like all creams wear is a problem so I would generally prefer a powder and will not repurchase.

I got four of the creme eye shadows - Quartz, Graphite, Antique Bronze and Gold Bronze. I really like all of them! They blend very well, and seem to last a fair bit, for a creme product. I find they last longer when applied over powder - they also blend just fine over powder.

The Quartz is a shimmery light pink colour, perfect for every day, especially if you tend towards being fair.

Graphite is a wearable dark shimmery grey. Used as a wash, you can wear it during the day, or with layers as a smokey eye.

Antique Bronze is a really pretty failsafe colour - everyone who has tried it, loves it! It's a khaki-brown colour.

Bronze Gold is a terracota type colour - it's the colour the model on the Becca catalogue looks to be wearing.

I was shocked when I opened this compact for the first time: There was a heavy layer of oil spread over the top of the shadow, just like you would find on a pizza. I was sure I would send it back, but decided to wipe it off with a tissue and see what was underneath. After wiping not only the oil but the top layer of shadow I was very pleasantly surprised. The color (Patina, a golden-green) is gorgeous, and I don't have problems with creasing. It looks terrific with my green eyes. Expensive, but worth it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At a recent visit to Nordie's I fell in love with the Becca MA and ended up buying a lot of makeup. Which I am now returning. I think my combo skin just isn't right for Becca - maybe you have to have dry skin. Anyway, I got this eye shadow in Antique Gold and the color is BEAUTIFUL. In fact, all day other MAs were gasping at how great my eyes looked. But, sadly, it creased and faded fairly quickly (within a couple of hours - lasted 4 hours at the most). Apparently Becca is coming out with a powder version of this and I might buy it because I really do love the color. But the whole cream eye shadow thing (unless it dries to a powder) just doesn't work for me. The compact was super cute, though.

I have the Quartz & Antique Gold shades. The colors are v. pretty, but if it's warm out and/or you have oily skin it will shift & crease like crazy. I had high hopes for these, but I think I'll stick with Benefit for creams and Chantecaille for powders. Really wanted to like these.)