GUERLAIN Le Poudre C est Moi Illuminating Powder

No Image

4.5

on 12/29/2006 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I first spotted this in a magazine and tried to dismiss the exquisite packaging and its high price tag, £40 GBP!!! this one promises to give your skin a lovely sheen. Promises promises! I do love translucent powders though as I donít wear foundation! It also smells of violets (UK MUAers, its like Parma Violet sweets!) which I love but might put some people off! The packaging is reputed to be inspired by the stye of Louis XVI's court and all such extravagance and opulence - I must admit it sure looks great in my make-up bag though and itís a good job itís a limited edition as I am not sure I could justify replacing it when its gone but then it is divine and a real treat owning it!

Results:It comes with a soft half moon shaped brush for application. It took a bit to get some onto my brush but then it was ok. It left miniscule (but fairly concentrated) sparkles on my skin and seemed to finish my skin ok. I have only just applied this during the day (why not look glam at home over Christmas I say lol!!) and canít wait to wear it for New Yearís Eve! I am not sure of the lasting power yet, I will report back when I have tested it under different conditions!!

ETA:
have been using it for a month now and i am totally in love with it! its reached HG status already!! its a great finishing/mattifying powder and i love the velvety feel it produces and the scent makes me feel powedered and pampered!!

on 12/25/2006 7:03:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder. I wish it wasn't LE, because its a total HG for me. I have fair pink toned skin, and I can wear this all over my face. It gives me a soft focus look and makes my skin look really even. Every now and then I notice a bit of a shimmer, which I don't like, but its not a constant glittery look...just happens in certain lighting. I've been collecting the meteorites, but I swear this is better than any of the meteorites I own (mythic, beige chic, winter radiance, holiday 2006 LE)!!

on 12/23/2006 12:48:00 AM

Well, I love it enough to have used it on my wedding day as a highlighter on my cheekbones/ temples! Divine packaging, lovely guerlain "violet" scent, and the brush that comes with it is good enough to keep after the product has finished. I think that it is best used as a highlighter. I am stilla 40W, chanel #30/ cendre, and if I used this all over my face it would probably look unnatural. Debating whether to buy another one; if it wasn't LE I would when this one ran out, but the price ($AUD 119!!!) is stopping me running out to buy more to stock up! No idea how long it will last as the way it is packaged doesn't really correlate with any other powder I've bought before.

on 11/19/2006 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, the packaging is gorgeous and that's pretty much the reason people would buy this product. However, all this really does for the price of $72US is a subtle shimmer. That's it. If I'm going to pay a lot of money for some pretty bauble it had better do more than make my face shiny. You could probably get the same effect from a Revlon Skinlights product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Guerlain's LE powder 2006 La poudre c'est moi is just devine!!!!!!!!
I really truly LOVE this powder!
When i first saw it i was affraid i would be much to dark for ppp (nw15) skin!
But fortunatly for me it wasn't!
This is the most light,soft,tender powder iv'e ever used and the best witch Guerlain has ever made (and trust me i have all the guerlain powders!!!)
It gives a glowing slightly shimmer in effect (perfect for the holidays!) with an white-ish glow witch makes your skin clearer especially after a short night sleep. It works with all my foundations witch is great but.....the result is unsurpased if you use it with Guerlain's fleur de teint! You'll get an perfect airbrush skin with a tiny sprakle and an overall glow on your face! Topped with some divinora blush (i love rose pluie d'or!)
This is just my fav powder EVER!!!!!!!!
Its presented in THE most beautifull box ever made by guerlain!! its round dark red with gold ornaments and it comes with a flat incredebly soft goathair brush in the lid!! oh did i mention that there are white sapphire sparkles in the powder maby thats why is sooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!
I payed 60 euro's and i think its worth every penny!!

on 11/6/2006 12:22:00 PM

Just as a note... the right title is Le Poudre C'est Moi but Product Reviews doesn't allow any apostrophes.
If the promise of luminizing skin could be packaged and wrapped up in a pretty bow, would this be it? Possibly, but the price tag for it is incredibly high. In Canada, this pretty container will set you back $90 before tax. I thought I would give it a whirl till I heard those numbers. The actual quality of the makeup is niceÖ itís much much stronger than mythic but it is most similar to the mythic meteorites of all the current available meteorites.

If Mythic was to provide a glow, Cíest Moi gives a noticeable shimmering effect. The powder is a uniform white Ö but when applied, it goes on slightly translucent with a noticeable white cast on my NC30 skin. This bothered me a bit Ö so off I went buffing like mad. After a minute of buffing with a kabuki brush borrowed from another counterÖ the white cast was not there but it took quite an effort to get there. What remained was a strong glow (bordering on shimmery) in a silvery white. Of all powder luminizers Iíve tried, this certainly is one of the better ones but considering itís about 2 times more expensive than any other Ö Iíd rather try another brand. It is smooth, lightweight, and provides a nice glowÖ but at considerable expense and work. I give it a 3.5 of 5 rating. continued >>