Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Shampoo

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Shampoo

3.1

on 12/22/2013 10:00:00 PM

A mixed bag really. I've waited for about 4 shampoos before writing a review. First use it really did make a difference to my hair and now 4 shampoos later it is very soft and manageable and looks more polished but it's drying the crap out of my scalp. I've never had an itchy scalp and after using this shampoo I'm constantly scratching. And the price! OYE! I like the Conditioner and will try to continue to use that with a different shampoo.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Really wanted to love this... it smells good, keeps my hair clean for several days and i love the natural ingredients.
The downside:
this shampoo & conditioner left my hair SO soft&smooth it got weighed down and went totally flat and lifeless :(

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/2/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Brought this shampoo because of its ingredients and after my hair straightening. It is quite moisturizing even without the use of the conditioner. However it does weigh my hair down and left some residue after cleansing. Did not add volume to my hair. Hair feels sticky at mid day.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

The Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Shampoo does provide body and bounce to my hair. I don't necessarily have to use a conditioner with it.. The scent of the shampoo is very nice and not overwhelming. I've noticed though, that with continued use, my hair doesn't have the body and bounce like the first couple of times I used this shampoo. I can't justify buying another bottle, when I'm done with this one, because it's cost prohibitive.

on 3/26/2012 6:25:00 PM

After searching and searching for a good shampoo and conditioner, I will have to continue to look after trying this product. I really wanted to like this as I have spent a ton of money on shampoos. However, all I got here was one big dry mess of hair. NOT A FAN AT ALL!!!

on 4/27/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product is very nice. I used both the shampoo and conditioner and it made my hair feel almost velvety after washing. I love the softness and the smell is nice, but not too different than most other products out on the market.
I only gave it 4 lippies because I have slightly frizzy hair (I'm italian) and it didn't tame the frizz at all. I imagine if I had straight hair I would LOVE this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got several samples of this and the anti-aging Conditioner. I really like them both. I'm 38, been going prematurely gray since 17. I noticed that my hair texture is changing and is harder to manage flyaways. I have fine hair, color treated, dry. the combo of this shampoo plus the conditioner, calmed my hair down without me having to pile on silicones after drying. It's a bit expensive but I am going to Ulta for their sale tomorrow and picking both up, I like them that much. My goal this year is to get my hair in really good, healthy condition and hopefully get it back down to the middle of my back. I;m looking forward to trying both shampoo and conditioner from this line to see what it does for my Aging hair. It is supposed to be used for by older women or women with premature grays, not young-uns.

Best shampoo i have ever used! I have super fine hair & this shampoo actually does give my hair volume! It is on the pricey side BUT a little bit goes a LONG way and makes it well worth every penny. A small bottle lasts me over 3 months, used every day.

This gave my fine hair great volume. The smell is nice and it gives shine. I purchased the shampoo and the conditioner and love them both but find using a Patene conditioner with the shampoo works the best. I cannot use this everyday or my hair starts to feel dry. I rotate it with Fekkai color tech. You only have to use a very small amount to give loads of lather so that makes up for the price a little bit. I did find it buy two get one free at Ulta which helps on the cost factor as well.

on 6/13/2009 9:38:00 PM

I am completely flummoxed by the bad reviews here. I love this shampoo! It has a subtle scent that smells slightly reminiscent of a hair salon. I haven't gotten the hang of sulfate-free shampoos yet, though, so I think I'm using far too much product... :( Regardless, I love it! Granted, I have pretty thick hair already, so I can't comment on the volumising aspect of this shampoo. However, my hair looks and feels wonderful after using it.

I bought 2 bottles at Marshall's for $9.99. Sadly, I probably can't afford to buy any more bottles at the regular $30+ price... :( Perhaps with a 20% off coupon at Ulta...? continued >>

Popular Shampoos