MAC Eyebrow pencil in Stud

No Image

4.3

This was my first brow pencil that I ever bought and up to this point in time it is still my favourite brow pencil. The colour Stud particularly is basically a perfect match - extremely dark brown with no red undertones. Emphasis on the extremely dark brown since as an asian I've had many sales assistants try to recommend me to buy grey brow pencils (cough Benefit cough).
The consistency of the product is the closest to what I would want out of a brow product since I have no eyebrows - it isn't chalky and it isn't too pigmented so I can draw a desired brow shape and fill it in without it being too outrageous. I can only compare it to ABH Brow Wiz which seems to be everyone's favourite, the Brow Wiz product is much lighter so when I use it there's a more dustier/natural look to it. The MAC pencil has a darker payoff and actually shows up better on camera.

My only complaint about this product is how the product is dispensed, you can only turn to the direction to use more product but you can't see how much you have left so you just pray that it isn't the last click.

on 9/25/2015 1:16:00 AM

I was looking for a more affordable eyebrow pencil since it pained me every time I went to buy another Tom Ford one.

I was at MAC for a lip prep+prime when I decided I'll try their brow pencil. I was shocked when the girl at the counter tells me it's $30 (Australian Dollar). WHA?!
Well, it was still a lot cheaper than the TF one so I decided to give it a go.

The pencil worked well and I really likes how my brows looked when I used it.
Problem was, it kept breaking! It was one of those twisty pencils (not the ones that need sharpening). I swear I was not pressing hard but every time I did my brows, a little bit would snap off and I'd have to wind some more product up.

The pencil didn't last more than 2 months. I did use it everyday but I also used my Tom Ford daily, which lasted me 2 years! I thought I bought a dud but the 2nd one I bought did exactly the same thing so I will not buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this used to be my hg. now i use anastasia brow wiz. im not sure which i like better actually. theyre both good. i also use this in spiked. its long lasting and easy to use

on 2/20/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have thin sparse eyebrows and i love this pencil....it goes on smooth...excellent product...i can't live without this...i always have a spare on hand ...so when i run out i automatically have another one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love that it applies so smooth, except i wish it came with its own little brush in the back so i wouldnt have to keep one with me in my cosmetics bag.
also, the it's quite pricey - there are eyebrow pencils that do just a great job at a fraction of the price.

plus in terms of longevity - irregardless of what sort of eyebrow pencil im using i find that applying a gel after will stop me needing to reapply later on

on 5/24/2014 6:53:00 AM

It doesn't help in any natural kind of eyebrows looking !

on 4/19/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: I wish this pencil was available in a blackish grey shade. I have very dark brown hair, and my eyebrows appear almost black, so stud being a brown shade looks slightly unnatural. The formula is nice, it's pigmented and lasts a long time. I'm not fond of the packaging, although it's easy to travel with because it's thin, the pencil itself is so thin it takes a very precise hand and a light one as well.

Overall Verdict: Though it's a decent pencil, I will not be repurchasing it because there are much better pencils available (my current favorite is the Lioele Auto Eyebrow).

on 5/25/2013 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great eyebrow pencil. Very fluid nice pigmented color and stays on through out the day. Only problem is that it only lasts a month or so before it runs out or it stops retracting. (Never know if it is broken or used up) For the price, I don't think its worth it. Now I temporarily use an angled brush and a dark stila eyeshadow. I think I will pay extra and get the anastasia pencil.

on 5/31/2013 4:01:00 PM

A really good eyebrow pencil, it's the perfect shade for me. I like how its self sharpening, saves a lot of hassle. I have brought this product twice now, the first one lasted from end of December (yes I spent some Christmas money on it) to the middle of May and I use it everyday to cover a scar on my eyebrow. Yes it isn't cheap but it is the best eyebrow pencil I have come across.

on 10/11/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Looooove this eyebrow pencil. I have Megan Fox brows and this pencil is perfect. I've been through soo many. I used the black shade until they discontinued it so now I use dark brown and also brunette. I've used the gel eyebrow stuff in dirty blonde. Yes dirty blonde( I have dark hair) the shade works really well.
The price could be better. Even with my associate discount at belk it still isn't a good price. I run out of it so quick especially when my two roommates are thirsty for awesome brows.
maybelline has the same kind of pencil which is pretty good, but they never have my shade

Popular Brows Products