Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo

No Image

3.9

Water, Decyl Polyglucose, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol ,PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

on 8/19/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought it for clarifying or clean up for build up.
This shampoo made my scalp burned at top of scalp.but I have very sensitive skin So it's must be OK to Not sensitive scalp people.
Still better strong SLS contain shampoo.
It's lather little bit but not like SLS shampoo at all.

I like jessicurl had no fragrance with each products.
Also according to their site they don't contain protein.
It's very good for people who has sensitive with protein.

So far my fave lather shampoo is kinky curly come clean
But I have to its diluted.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Jessicurl products are just not for me. I experienced a substantial amount of hair loss when using this shampoo, I used it twice and it was quite alarming. This shampoo also left my hair and scalp feeling very dry even when used with their Aloeba Daily Conditioner. Jessicurl products seem to work great for some people but others have terrible results. I suggest going to their website and ordering some free samples (plus postage) prior to purchase.

on 5/31/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this - it's just what I have been looking for! I love that it is available unscented. since I hate strong scents... I like things to smell very natural, which this does. It cleans very thoroughly for a sulfate free shampoo, without drying. The texture is runny. This reminds me a lot of Aubrey Organics clarifying tea tree shampoo for oily hair, except less drying. Both products have a runny texture, are sulfate, free, and smell nearly identical. This is a great everyday staple product for me (I have long, wavy, fine hair that I fried with bleach and dye.) I will say, however, that this was really the only Jessicurl product I have tried which really worked for me. The others (Aloeba conditioner, Awe Inspiraling spray,) were just OK and would not merit a repurchase.

This didn't suit my hair either (have tried the Hair Cleansing Cream too). It left my hair frizzy and dry, even after conditioning with Too Shea (an excellent conditioner by the way). My scalp felt greasy but my ends were dry, not my ideal hair combination...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this shampoo off and on for several years. Lately I'm having issues with fragrance, even my usual Kerastase products so I grabbed this out of my closet. It's soothing to my scalp and the breakouts I've been having are clearing up. My hair is fine/wavy/fuzzy and this shampoo cleans without stripping or causing more frizz. The unscented version has a mild earthy scent from the ingredients and doesn't bother my allergies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for curly haired women who've struggled to make their curls sit, behave and look 'well formed'. I was using an ah-mazing Aussie made weightless shampoo for curls but it was discontinued. Jessicurl, while not as good as that shampoo, still does the job.

As curls can be so diverse I'll describe mine so you can see if this review is relevant to you: I'm Italian/Irish heritage and have curls that, without product, are soft, fluffy, slightly frizzy and irregularly formed on my head (curl at the bottom, straight at the top). With the right products, the curls sit very much like the long curls on porcelain dolls. I think it's described as grade '3' curl. It's not wiry or springy, but soft, very strong and prone to frizz- especially on top. I have long hair, it reaches chest level.

Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner alone would not settle my hair. I apply 2-3 squirts of Garner Miracle Oil and rub onto my dry hair, the lower half (not near the scalp). I then use Jessicurl shampoo, brushing it through (upside down). I use the Too Shea conditioner, again, only applying it to the lower 2/3rds of my hair. After rinsing and brushing it into the style I want, I apply a "maximum hold" mousse. I let it air dry, otherwise the curls go frizzy and lose shape.

Jessicurl shampoo and conditioner helps get the curls to form and takes out the frizz. I have noticed it isn't as effective at removing the natural oil on my scalp as my previous shampoo.If I've been to the gym it doesn't do a great job at removing all the smell and oil. Two shampoos rinses should fix the problem. The products are definitely worth a try if you've been struggling to find a shampoo that's sympathetic to curly hair. Hope this helps someone!

EDIT: So I repurchased a BIG bottle of unscented (I had Island Fantasy previously). The shampoo seemed different. It lathered more and removed build up. The downside is it didn't curl my hair all the way up like the last bottle did. I'm wondering if they gave me a wrongly labelled 'Cream Cleanser' by mistake? I've ordered Jessicurl cream cleanser to see if this is the case. In the meantime, I've switched to Moogoo products. I only use the Moo Goo shampoo sparingly at the nape of my neck where it gets oily. I wash my hair with the Moogoo conditioner, then add Akin Leave in Conditioner and add mousse. My hair is more hydrated with almost zero frizz. If you can get ahold of Moogoo and cowash- definitely try the conditioner.

on 4/12/2008 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this shampoo in Unscented because I generally hate strong fragrances and I have a sensitive scalp. It is a very gentle shampoo with no frills. The best thing is that is has no sulfates but still cleans very well.

on 12/12/2008 8:24:00 AM

I wish I could give this shampoo a 3.5, but since I can't I'll go for the more generous rating because it is a very nice shampoo, cleans well and very gentle. This is the first sulfate-free shampoo that I've ever tried. I considered the Hair Cleansing Cream first but decided it would not suit my fine hair and scalp that gets easily greasy; that was probably the right call. Even with this shampoo, it does seem like I have to wash my hair more often. But I'm still liking this a lot, so I just rotate it with a good quality gentle sulfate shampoo when I think i need a bit more cleansing (Curlisto's Botanical or Joico K-Pak). I'm not crazy about the citrus/lavender scent unfortunately but at least it's natural and you can't have everything I guess. I'm using this and the Aloeba conditioner at the moment, and I would definitely like to try more Jessicurl products. The only (significant) drawback is that they are very difficult to get hold of, and expensive. So I'll have to see. But this is definitely a very good product.

on 6/15/2008 9:32:00 PM

This is my favorite shampoo. It lives up to its name, being truly gentle, yet it still cleanses well. I am a big fan. It's quite runny, but does lather (unlike some sulfate-free shampoos). This shampoo has excellent ingredients and works tremendously. I only wish I could buy it in my area without having to order online. Definite re-purchase. Also I have tried both the island fantasy and citrus lavender scents. They are both lovely. The island fantasy is very coconuty and a great summer smell. The citrus lavender is similar but more refreshing.

on 11/19/2008 10:43:00 PM

This is one of the shampoos I keep in regular rotation. It is gentle with no sulfates and not too heavy for my fine but lots of it hair. I use this shampoo very often in Island Fantasy. I like the way my hair feels with it- soft & bouncy. The only problem is that it has to be shipped but its worth it. :)