Zoya Raven

4.8

on 11/6/2016 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Raven is a beautiful black polish with a subtle pearl shimmer thrown in for a twist. The pearl adds a classy finish to the polish making it much more wearable for many than a pure black.

As with all of the Zoyas I have tried the texture was perfect and the consistency just right, not too thick or too thin. It is also well pigmentated and was fully opaque in one coat. As I was using this as undies for another polish I only used one coat but typically I would have used two coats.

Raven comes in the standard Zoya polish bottle with the standard brush. Though not unique it works well.

I paid $5.00 for Raven as I got it on sale. Zoya polishes retail for $10 per bottle and well worth that, but they often have sales and that is the best time to purchase. I would definitely repurchase should I ever run out.

I will update on wear in a couple of days.

UPDATE: 11/14/2016 - I got good wear from this polish. I would highly recommend Raven.

One of the best black nail polishes! Great shine, lasts forever, awesome finish.

on 2/28/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous black pearl. Was surprised as I thought it was going to be a pure black, but it is indeed a fine black pearl. Very pretty polish and the bottle and brush are superb. Great item. Black polish with a sophisticated subtle twist. Would recommend.

on 2/24/2013 8:30:00 PM

The best black nail polish ever....... period.

on 2/3/2013 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best black nail polish I have found. Needs two coats, but with two it is a dark inky black. Plus Zoya polishes seem to last 4-5 days on my nails. One of my favorites right now!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Raven is a glossy opaque black with secret shimmer. It's my absolute favorite black with a great formula that is opaque in one coat (though I always use two) and wears well. The shimmer is really really subtle, but visible if you actually look. I love to wear it when I have shorter nails.

on 3/13/2010 12:59:00 PM

This is a beautiful black. It's so pretty and classy-looking, and I've never been a fan of black polish--I normally like a bit of color to it so I like really dark blues, purples, etc. But this is REALLY REALLY GORGEOUS. Color lasts about a week before beginning to chip if I use a good topcoat, though after the first usage, I find Zoya nail polish a little sticky and difficult to apply...

This polish left me underwhelmed, as the idea that i got from previous reviews was that it was basically perfect. In reality, it does go on very smoothly and have a wonderful, almost patent leather like, finish but i found that within a day of wearing it, it would chip.

on 2/11/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

While I may not be in love with black polish, this one is well worth the money. It goes on smooth and is amazingly opaque in just one coat. What's not to love about that?

on 1/21/2010 9:49:00 PM

Yep the gothic girl is going to review her beloved colour - BLACK!

Raven is a high quality, classy black polish. It is a strong, rich and glossy black that screams SEXY GOTH! Another classic polish by Zoya. The colour is very elegant and bold, similar to Chanel but for a fraction of the price.

2 coats creates a pure black and lasts over a week without signs of wear.

Raven, I very much luv thee xox

Popular Polishes