Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue

on 6/11/2016 6:17:00 PM

I finally found my HG foundation! I am Casper, fish-belly, Snow White pale, and have never found a perfect match for my skin until I found Lily Lolo. I love that Lily Lolo has neutral undertones for their pale shades--most makers seem to assume that pale people all have pink undertones, so my face would never match my neck. I use Porcelain in the winter and China Doll in the summer; with 2 light layers, I get a sheer-medium coverage that looks like my skin but better. It evens out my redness, fills in my pores, doesn't cling to any dry patches, and can even double as a concealer. The jars are large, so 1 will last me 4+ months. When I pair this with a setting spray, it lasts all day (8-9 hours) without a touch up (I have dehydrated skin that produces a ton of oil if I don't use a mist throughout the day). I also love the natural ingredients, which don't make my skin itch. So basically, I am in love with this foundation and will never buy anything else! If you have never been able to find a truly pale shade, this is for you!

on 4/22/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use the shade Blondie when I'm an NC20 and Butterscotch when I have a bit of a tan and around an NC25. I am neutral with slight yellow tones - Blonde suits me very well and Butterscotch has a strong yellow tone but as my yellow tones come out more when I tan, it also suits well.

My skin is dry-normal. I have to prep my skin well before applying as it does show dry patches easily (as does any mineral powder!). The coverage I get is light to medium depending on how much I build it up. I love how natural it looks; it covers redness and evens out my skintone, but my freckles and skin still show through. It feels very light and doesn't look cakey. It settles to a semi-matte finish, and throughout the day gets a little more dewy but never oily. It does last well on me, I don't notice any fading and don't need to touch up.

I also love that I can wear this and not have to worry about it clogging my skin. I apply this over sunscreen and liKe that I get an additional SPF15 over my SPF30. If you have a lot of skin troubles this won't do much for you unless paired with concealer. For me it fits the bill and I've had compliments how nice my skin looks whilst wearing it.

To Read all 183 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/7/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation because I want to move away from heavier foundations. The coverage is not bad if I apply 2 or 3 layers. However, my problem is that it just doesn't last. I didn't put any other powder on top of it. I live in a fairly cool climate so temperature is not an issue. It creased up and separated on my skin after a couple of hours and left me looking like a greasy blotchy mess. This has happened every time I've tried this.

I would rather spend a little bit longer applying a proper foundation followed by powder and not having to worry about how long it lasts

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i so so so wanted to like this product. I did test a few shades and found immediately the perfect one for me. It is very light so do not expect the greatest coverage (and when it is over built up, it starts creating patches). Trouble is : it makes me break out. I must be the only one in this thread to complain about this , but it does. I did use it for ten days and i will now stop because it is obvious my pimples are linked to this new product (I did not change anything else in the past weeks). I will go back to Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals) which is so much more expensive and offers less colors .... So sad. But if you are prone to breakouts, please do try the samples first.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is my absolute favourite foundation EVER! I discovered this foundation at the start of my "natural skin care regime" and I have tried others and have always gone back to this one. This foundation is lovely and light to wear but provides great coverage, they offer a wide range of skin tones too. I apply this powder with a kabuki brush in the morning and it spreads evenly over my skin. After a long day, the foundation stays well and looks the same as when I applied in the morning. I should also note that I don't need to use any finishing powder or setting spray with this. I can easily use this for a no make up look or build it up with extra application for a special occasion. The main reason why I bought this foundation was because of the few ingredients. The ingredients are just minerals and other pigments found naturally, but the one I was most drawn by was the zinc oxide. My skin absolutely loves zinc oxide, my spots disappear and my skin looks more even and healthy when using zinc oxide so this was a great benefit. Zinc oxide helps repair skin as well so my skin is definitely thanking me for changing to this foundation.
In the UK this costs £13.99 but I have been using this foundation for about 2 months so far and the tub still looks very full so I reckon this could last me for almost the whole year. On their website you can order cheap samples, I definitely recommend at least trying a sample because I am sure you will love it as much as me!

on 1/4/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used bareminerals, physicians formula minerals, marry kay minerals, and countless other random foundations and BB creams, and this is the ONLY make up that consistently does NOT break out my acne prone skin, turn funky colors, make me shiny, or waste my time by not covering my blemishes. The color matching charts are also very easy to use. I ordered a full tub of my perfect shade on the first try.This is the Holly grail of make up. Their other products are very nice as well.

on 12/25/2015 9:34:00 PM

I have this foundation in the lightest shade. It is effective at maintaining a matte complexion is that is what is desired, but I like to mix this into my Kari Gran Essential Serum for a custom oil-based foundation look. This is not as shimmery looking as the Kari Gran foundation, but it certainly does have a little gleam to it. I think that this foundation powders on well and mixes in well, so it is versatile enough for my needs. The packaging on this product is adorable, as is the packaging on all Lily Lolo products, with the black and the simple yet unique logo. The packaging is frosted on the outside and is fairly large considering the quantity of product given is about a standard .30 oz. You can also block the powder from being distributed, so you do not get a lot of fallout when you open the lid. The price is mid-range and fair for the quality of what you are receiving.

on 12/2/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily acne prone skin and it seems that eveything breaks me out except mineral foundation. Hearing good things about this brand I decided to try it, plus I liked the cute sleek packaging. I think I am a NC25 and got the shade Butterscotch along with the caramel concealer. These to products together applied with my ELF flat top powder brush gave me a flawless look. Even with my oily skin in the winter I really need to moisturize or it can show dry patches. Has a semi matte finish which I love and helps to smooth out my large pores. I like this a lot and would re-purchase. I find it is much better than other loose mineral foundations out there.

on 11/1/2015 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have lately tried to use more natural products on my skin so when I found this foundation I thought I'd give it a go. In the past I've had really bad experiences with mineral makeup because of my oily t-zone but this is a lovely mineral foundation. I have it in the shade china doll, which is a perfect match for my NW15 skin with pink undertones. It doesn't emphasise my pores as other mineral foundations seem to do and it doesn't look cakey on me. It also doesn't break me out or clog my pores, which is great. I do need to blot during the day, but that's fine. If I use a lot I will get great coverage, but it doesn't look natural so I only use a little. I can see how this would emphasise dry spots and dry skin, but I don't have that so it's not a problem for me. I don't like the packaging, but I'll live with it.

on 7/29/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

WOW! I just recently switched to Lily Lolo and I'm in love, talk about a "my skin but better" product <3

I used to use Everyday Minerals' intensive base for years but got tired of how ashy and dull it made my skin look, I also shined like a discoball and had to blot several times a day, but when using LL, I can sometimes go the entire day without blotting once, because my mixed skin just doesn't seem to get as greasy as it usually does.

It doesn't give the greatest coverage (hence only 4 lippies), but it makes my skin look like satin, and I like looking ~healthy~ after years of looking like a waxy ghost, haha.