Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)
Mineral Foundation (all shades)Mineral Foundation (all shades)Mineral Foundation (all shades)Mineral Foundation (all shades)

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue (no nano particles)

on 6/8/2018 12:07:00 PM

I have dry skin and oily forhead. I use BM powder foundation regularly, tried this as a cheaper option. Dont try it if youre the least dry. Looks like a 80s makeup with a mega matte finnish. Doesnt blend, lies on top of skin like a blanket. Talky like baby powder.

on 2/16/2018 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Since I partly owe this website a thanks for the reviews and helping me decide to buy this product, i decided to make an account and add my own experience with this foundation.
I have combination skin and rosacea, so finding a product that isn't irritating and doesn't break me out was a challenge, but here we are. I've been using Lily Lolo foundation, green color corrector (for my rosacea) and the finishing powder on a daily basis for almost 2 years now and I'm very happy to say it hasn't caused me any discomfort whatsoever.
I think it looks good, it looks quite natural (not the same coverage as a liquid foundation probably would have) and with using a small amount of color corrector before applying a single layer of foundation does the job for me.
Thank you all again :) these reviews are great!

this is good stuff. I'm a chemistry nerd so I tend to check all the ingredients that makeup contains and of all the ones I've tried, this one has some of the best ones.

Although I'm not a fan of powdery foundations, I tend to scoop a bit of powder in my hand and mix it with 3 drops of oil - voilĂ ! a liquid mineral foundation!

Alternatively, if you apply the powder on your skin (the coverage is buildable fyi), set it with any water mist. it makes is kinda melt to your skin and looks great.

To the people who break out cause of this - it could be due to either the titanium dioxide or the mica, both of these are minerals that can potentially irritate the skin (depending on your skin), titanium dioxide is commonly used as the SPF in makeup and sunscreens so bear that in mind if you react to this foundation when you try a different one.

All in all, would deffo buy a new pot, they're affordable, last a long time, have good ingredients and look good.

on 9/9/2017 12:00:00 PM

This is by far the best budget mineral foundation that comes in correct shades. I have tried the MAC one but it's pricey and I think looks a bit cakey TBH. I use this one as the selling point for me was being able to buy tester pots to get the correct shade and also comes in pale and pink colours. When i'm not flaking from Retin A I use this and it gives me a nice subtle coverage. When I am using Retin A I use this powder to set a more moisture rich foundation such a Leichner. Def a must buy for setting powder and foundation in one.

on 2/12/2017 5:04:00 PM

first time i bought this was many years ago on trendsales ,and i got it very cheep ..I rediscovered it again online, but i must say the shade blond was for me a great find back then,not to yellow or dark e.c.t (a perfect match on my very light and cold toned skincolor,one couldn't see i had anything on!, and still i just love the colors they have. i even bought my sister a kit, she has skin problems and cant take perfumes and the harsh additives that they often put in cosmetic.This product she can take tho, without getting any allergic reaction, .. so its very good product.. the best i have tried so far, and i like it better then my kanebo e.c.t ..remember to be careful not to loose to much product!,thats a kind of huge downside when it comes to this product: mineral foundation,...(also i tend to have dry skin,and this works very well on it), i get a perfect skin with this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked the Lily Lolo foundation and finishing powder, but they made my skin itchy. I typically don't have this problem and have used mineral foundations for the last 20 years (the past several years I have used Nars powder foundation, but they changed it and I don't like the new formulation as well), but something in this foundation does not agree with me. Also, their color pallets don't match the actual product, so it's a bit hard to pick the correct color. I also ordered their lip gloss, which I do like, but once again, the colors are way off. A big negative is that they don't do refunds, only exchanges. Plus, the product has to be unused to return. How do you know if you like it if you aren't able to use it. I should have checked the return policy before ordering. My mistake.

on 11/22/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lolo foundation gives a lovely smooth finish but it is only light to medium coverage, so if you want heavy, you must mix in some concealer.
I thought it would feel dry when I first tried it, but it really doesn't, I find it looks properly blended and bonded together after I've sweated slightly or been outside in moist air, it only separates from my skin towards the evening where my skin has produced oil, which is the nose and chin, everywhere else stays good until ,I take it off at night.
I find powder make up easier to remove than liquids, both from the face and brushes, particularly brushes.
I have rosacea and so I do have go over certain areas with concealer, but I've had no problems with my skin reacting to the make up, even when it's been quite aggravated.

Powder foundation is very touchable and natural looking foundation, I would only say if you have dry patches you'll need to exfoliate before you apply it as any dry patches become very visible.

I just switched from Blondie to China Doll and have discovered a closer match to my natural skin colour. Blondie will be for the summer.
I would say too, as far as colour goes, medium colours are well catered for, but deep tones and very pale have much less choice.
One more thing about Lily Lolo, they post incredibly quickly, I put an order in and it arrives a day later, so quick, and I've lived in the south of England and the north west, it's exactly the same, super speedy.

on 8/16/2016 6:32:00 PM

Foundation has been the bane of my makeup wearing life. I'm very pale but neutral and if I found something light enough it would be too pink or occasionally too yellow.

Mac studiofix in N3 was the only colour match i ever found but the coverage meant I looked like a featureless egg without a full face and once I was out of the flush of youth it settled in every single line.

I hate the feel of heavy base as well and my weird combination (dry but very shiny t zone) skin doesn't like liquid or cream formulas.

When Bare Minerals launched I eagerly handed over my credit card. It looked amazing and seemed the answer to my prayers, however in daylight I looked like a metallic tangerine and after a few minutes it made me itch.

About 10 years ago I read about Lily Lolo and sent off for some samples with low expectations, but I was wrong! It's great. Very natural finish and the colours are spot on. I vary from Porcelain to Blondie and now there's China Doll I don't have to do much customising. It lasts well, doesn't feel like you're wearing anything and the price is very reasonable. I love their kabuki brushes too, if I want more coverage I use a smaller one.

My HG foundation, for the colour alone. When I got married I asked the makeup artist to use my LL, and she was so impressed she immediately bought some for herself. Doesn't show in flash photos in my experience.

A note of caution though, the finishing powders are AWFUL. Avoid! See my slobbering review of Innisfree instead, all other powders are dead to me now, even Nars.

on 6/11/2016 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I finally found my HG foundation! I am Casper, fish-belly, Snow White pale, and have never found a perfect match for my skin until I found Lily Lolo. I love that Lily Lolo has neutral undertones for their pale shades--most makers seem to assume that pale people all have pink undertones, so my face would never match my neck. I use Porcelain in the winter and China Doll in the summer; with 2 light layers, I get a sheer-medium coverage that looks like my skin but better. It evens out my redness, fills in my pores, doesn't cling to any dry patches, and can even double as a concealer. The jars are large, so 1 will last me 4+ months. When I pair this with a setting spray, it lasts all day (8-9 hours) without a touch up (I have dehydrated skin that produces a ton of oil if I don't use a mist throughout the day). I also love the natural ingredients, which don't make my skin itch. So basically, I am in love with this foundation and will never buy anything else! If you have never been able to find a truly pale shade, this is for you!

on 4/7/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation because I want to move away from heavier foundations. The coverage is not bad if I apply 2 or 3 layers. However, my problem is that it just doesn't last. I didn't put any other powder on top of it. I live in a fairly cool climate so temperature is not an issue. It creased up and separated on my skin after a couple of hours and left me looking like a greasy blotchy mess. This has happened every time I've tried this.

I would rather spend a little bit longer applying a proper foundation followed by powder and not having to worry about how long it lasts