Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)
Mineral Foundation (all shades)Mineral Foundation (all shades)Mineral Foundation (all shades)Mineral Foundation (all shades)

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue (no nano particles)

on 2/12/2017 5:04:00 PM

first time i bought this was many years ago on trendsales ,and i got it very cheep ..I rediscovered it again online, but i must say the shade blond was for me a great find back then,not to yellow or dark e.c.t (a perfect match on my very light and cold toned skincolor,one couldn't see i had anything on!, and still i just love the colors they have. i even bought my sister a kit, she has skin problems and cant take perfumes and the harsh additives that they often put in cosmetic.This product she can take tho, without getting any allergic reaction, .. so its very good product.. the best i have tried so far, and i like it better then my kanebo e.c.t ..remember to be careful not to loose to much product!,thats a kind of huge downside when it comes to this product: mineral foundation,...(also i tend to have dry skin,and this works very well on it), i get a perfect skin with this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked the Lily Lolo foundation and finishing powder, but they made my skin itchy. I typically don't have this problem and have used mineral foundations for the last 20 years (the past several years I have used Nars powder foundation, but they changed it and I don't like the new formulation as well), but something in this foundation does not agree with me. Also, their color pallets don't match the actual product, so it's a bit hard to pick the correct color. I also ordered their lip gloss, which I do like, but once again, the colors are way off. A big negative is that they don't do refunds, only exchanges. Plus, the product has to be unused to return. How do you know if you like it if you aren't able to use it. I should have checked the return policy before ordering. My mistake.

on 11/22/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Lolo foundation gives a lovely smooth finish but it is only light to medium coverage, so if you want heavy, you must mix in some concealer.
I thought it would feel dry when I first tried it, but it really doesn't, I find it looks properly blended and bonded together after I've sweated slightly or been outside in moist air, it only separates from my skin towards the evening where my skin has produced oil, which is the nose and chin, everywhere else stays good until ,I take it off at night.
I find powder make up easier to remove than liquids, both from the face and brushes, particularly brushes.
I have rosacea and so I do have go over certain areas with concealer, but I've had no problems with my skin reacting to the make up, even when it's been quite aggravated.

Powder foundation is very touchable and natural looking foundation, I would only say if you have dry patches you'll need to exfoliate before you apply it as any dry patches become very visible.

I just switched from Blondie to China Doll and have discovered a closer match to my natural skin colour. Blondie will be for the summer.
I would say too, as far as colour goes, medium colours are well catered for, but deep tones and very pale have much less choice.
One more thing about Lily Lolo, they post incredibly quickly, I put an order in and it arrives a day later, so quick, and I've lived in the south of England and the north west, it's exactly the same, super speedy.

on 8/16/2016 6:32:00 PM

Foundation has been the bane of my makeup wearing life. I'm very pale but neutral and if I found something light enough it would be too pink or occasionally too yellow.

Mac studiofix in N3 was the only colour match i ever found but the coverage meant I looked like a featureless egg without a full face and once I was out of the flush of youth it settled in every single line.

I hate the feel of heavy base as well and my weird combination (dry but very shiny t zone) skin doesn't like liquid or cream formulas.

When Bare Minerals launched I eagerly handed over my credit card. It looked amazing and seemed the answer to my prayers, however in daylight I looked like a metallic tangerine and after a few minutes it made me itch.

About 10 years ago I read about Lily Lolo and sent off for some samples with low expectations, but I was wrong! It's great. Very natural finish and the colours are spot on. I vary from Porcelain to Blondie and now there's China Doll I don't have to do much customising. It lasts well, doesn't feel like you're wearing anything and the price is very reasonable. I love their kabuki brushes too, if I want more coverage I use a smaller one.

My HG foundation, for the colour alone. When I got married I asked the makeup artist to use my LL, and she was so impressed she immediately bought some for herself. Doesn't show in flash photos in my experience.

A note of caution though, the finishing powders are AWFUL. Avoid! See my slobbering review of Innisfree instead, all other powders are dead to me now, even Nars.

on 6/11/2016 6:17:00 PM

I finally found my HG foundation! I am Casper, fish-belly, Snow White pale, and have never found a perfect match for my skin until I found Lily Lolo. I love that Lily Lolo has neutral undertones for their pale shades--most makers seem to assume that pale people all have pink undertones, so my face would never match my neck. I use Porcelain in the winter and China Doll in the summer; with 2 light layers, I get a sheer-medium coverage that looks like my skin but better. It evens out my redness, fills in my pores, doesn't cling to any dry patches, and can even double as a concealer. The jars are large, so 1 will last me 4+ months. When I pair this with a setting spray, it lasts all day (8-9 hours) without a touch up (I have dehydrated skin that produces a ton of oil if I don't use a mist throughout the day). I also love the natural ingredients, which don't make my skin itch. So basically, I am in love with this foundation and will never buy anything else! If you have never been able to find a truly pale shade, this is for you!

on 4/7/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation because I want to move away from heavier foundations. The coverage is not bad if I apply 2 or 3 layers. However, my problem is that it just doesn't last. I didn't put any other powder on top of it. I live in a fairly cool climate so temperature is not an issue. It creased up and separated on my skin after a couple of hours and left me looking like a greasy blotchy mess. This has happened every time I've tried this.

I would rather spend a little bit longer applying a proper foundation followed by powder and not having to worry about how long it lasts

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i so so so wanted to like this product. I did test a few shades and found immediately the perfect one for me. It is very light so do not expect the greatest coverage (and when it is over built up, it starts creating patches). Trouble is : it makes me break out. I must be the only one in this thread to complain about this , but it does. I did use it for ten days and i will now stop because it is obvious my pimples are linked to this new product (I did not change anything else in the past weeks). I will go back to Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals) which is so much more expensive and offers less colors .... So sad. But if you are prone to breakouts, please do try the samples first.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is my absolute favourite foundation EVER! I discovered this foundation at the start of my "natural skin care regime" and I have tried others and have always gone back to this one. This foundation is lovely and light to wear but provides great coverage, they offer 18 different skin tones too. I apply this powder with a kabuki brush in the morning and it spreads evenly over my skin. After a long day, the foundation stays well and looks the same as when I applied in the morning. I should also note that I don't need to use any finishing powder or setting spray with this. I can easily use this for a no make up look or build it up with extra application for a special occasion. The main reason why I bought this foundation was because of the few ingredients. The ingredients are just minerals and other pigments found naturally, but the one I was most drawn by was the zinc oxide. My skin absolutely loves zinc oxide, my spots disappear and my skin looks more even and healthy when using zinc oxide so this was a great benefit. Zinc oxide helps repair skin as well so my skin is definitely thanking me for changing to this foundation.
In the UK this costs £13.99 but I have been using this foundation for about 2 months so far and the tub still looks very full so I reckon this could last me for almost the whole year. On their website you can order cheap samples, I definitely recommend at least trying a sample because I am sure you will love it as much as me!

EDIT// I have stopped wearing foundation recently but I still recommend this foundation although I think their range in skin tones could have more variation or they could at least have recommendations as to which foundations you should mix to create the desired skin tone. The rest of their range is absolutely beautiful and I love their natural products, and they have great samples so give it a try!!

on 1/4/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used bareminerals, physicians formula minerals, marry kay minerals, and countless other random foundations and BB creams, and this is the ONLY make up that consistently does NOT break out my acne prone skin, turn funky colors, make me shiny, or waste my time by not covering my blemishes. The color matching charts are also very easy to use. I ordered a full tub of my perfect shade on the first try.This is the Holly grail of make up. Their other products are very nice as well.

on 12/25/2015 9:34:00 PM

I have this foundation in the lightest shade. It is effective at maintaining a matte complexion is that is what is desired, but I like to mix this into my Kari Gran Essential Serum for a custom oil-based foundation look. This is not as shimmery looking as the Kari Gran foundation, but it certainly does have a little gleam to it. I think that this foundation powders on well and mixes in well, so it is versatile enough for my needs. The packaging on this product is adorable, as is the packaging on all Lily Lolo products, with the black and the simple yet unique logo. The packaging is frosted on the outside and is fairly large considering the quantity of product given is about a standard .30 oz. You can also block the powder from being distributed, so you do not get a lot of fallout when you open the lid. The price is mid-range and fair for the quality of what you are receiving.