Maybelline Shine Free [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This & Cornsilk hands down best oily skin DS liquid foundations!! When will Maybelline bring this back please????!!

on 5/17/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

hands down this is the best foundation i ever used !!!! i was and still angry they discontinued it ive been using this since high school !! my color was mocha i looked for it on the web and i couldnt find it but !! i was sooo lucky to find it at my local DOLLAR TREE !! i bought all of them quickly

on 7/24/2008 4:35:00 PM

Best for me ever. I am still going withdrawls from this since being D/C. I keep trying new brands and shades but nothing is coming close. :(

I have one bottle of Mocha which is way to dark than Fawn but mixing it with something lighter and using sparingly.

on 2/15/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation now for probably 6 or 7 years, that being said...it is now discontinued but I have several bottles on hand, and you can get a hold of this oftentimes off of ebay and buymebeauty.com has some (thou they have jacked up their price since I last ordered 5 bottles several months ago) I wear this in nude, and it is a great match, although with certain moisturizers or products it does sometimes oxidize on the skin. I have acne prone skin, and whenever I stray from this product I seem to break out and/or my face gets very congested with gunk. I applies well and wears well, but flaky skin very noticeable if I don't moisturize/exfoliate well. Overall though it is a great product and I will buy it as long as I can find it online.

Didn't work for my extremely greasy face. Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Makeup works a bit better. This left me still greasy where the Cover Girl helped sop it up a bit. Not a great color selection as Cover Girl. Don't like their powder either.

on 12/9/2008 10:20:00 AM

Discontinued! Have been trawling ebay for years ordering ivory bottles from overseas and looking at discount chemists.. stocks really are low though :(

Was my hg for years and I cannot fault the actual foundation at all. I most recently got bottles from ebay (2 for us $10 or so) and My Chemist in Australia where I paid $7.99 AU. Have been to the store since and others in the chain, but they have none of the shade left. I am letting go.. Dirt cheap full price when it was around all those years ago. I think $11 AU or so?

I have oily, acne prone skin and this foundation has never caused a blemish, even when I slept in it. It does control oil for a few hours, but on a hot day it breaks through after 2 or 3, but our heat can be quite harsh. In winter it's perfect - no oil all day on my skin.

It wasnt the oil control that I loved it for though, it was the coverage and finish. This was almost a full coverage foundation with a single layer. Wasnt like a masque, just so heavily pigmented. The pale shades were beautiful for true ppp's and they had almost a chalky finish to them... chalky what am I thinking? I love my 'death white' skin though and actually like to emphasise the fact that I am pale. The foundation has a matte finish. If I did two layers, it was just the most beautiful, even and full coverage ever.

Crappy bottle, junk always around the lid.

Oh I miss it :(

Me: Brown hair, blue eyes, fair to light skin tone. Sensitive, oily, acne prone skin.
I have used this for years...only because I cant find something I like better. Its decent for helping with shine, but doesnt give me the smooth finish I am trying to achieve. The color ivory is also a little too light, but the next step up is too dark. Mixing them doesnt seem to work. I liked their original formula way back when alot better...they changed it and made it thicker and harder to get out of the bottle, doesnt seem to look as nice or work as well either. I think this one has been discontinued too, or at least I dont see it anymore. Ive tried countless other foundations, cant seem to find one I like. Im on to a new mineral foundation next...Lumiere. Hoping for a miracle here! If any other fair skinned, oily gals have a good recommendation, let me know! continued >>

on 7/28/2007 1:13:00 AM

easy application...oil control is okay only...will oxidise at the end of the day...looks very natural on face...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i forgot i had this but i tried it again and realized its really a great formula. it has light to medium coverage, provides moderate oil control and will not clog pores. i found a close match and am really pleased with how natural but effective this is. of course, it is now discontinued and its replacement is pure. i was a little late i guess :/

on 1/26/2008 9:21:00 PM

I wear this out at night when I don't need any SPF coverage. It's great for combination-oily skin; it really does help you stay matte much longer. It's the only foundation I don't start worrying about after a few hours! You might need moisturizer or primer under any dry spots on your face, but that's not a big deal. My only real complaint is that it comes in so few shades that their lightest shade is still a shade or two away from my natural color, and it has this olive undertone while my skin is on the pink side. Looking a little warmer-toned has been a small price to pay for being able to not worry about my nose and forehead getting shiny when going out at night, though.