C.O. Bigelow Brown Sugar Crystal Face Polish

No Image

3.6

I purchased this on sale for 75% off and was excited to try it out because CO Bigelow products are usually really fantastic. The texture of the scrub is great and there's a good amount of oil to it. My only peeve is the scent, it's really strong and lingers for the entire day. It doesn't leave the face very clean, but rather a thin film of residue feeling a little oily. Overall, satisfactory product, but might be great for someone who has drier skin and likes the smell.

on 6/17/2009 8:15:00 PM

I love this scrub its one of my HG scrubs i think why people don't like it is how your skin feels after washing the product off. It leaves your skin with a moist oily feel. it hasn't caused me to breakout, what I do is put a lesser amount of moisturizer then normal when i use it and I'm set for the day with soft glowing skin.

on 6/15/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This a fun product to use. I purchased this at the BIG SALE, at 75% off. This is a great scrub that can be used as a mask. The smell is not the best feature. After you leave it on for 20 min, skin is softer and smoother.

on 2/12/2009 2:22:00 AM

I bought this on sale really cheap and thougt why not? Well, the smell was strange, but figured it was just the brown sugar. I knew brown sugar had great benefits. I couldn't believe how oily feeling it was afterwards, freaking out that I would get some breakout ( which I normally do not get). Naturally, you would assume anything "thick" feeling on your face cant be good. I washed my face with my exfoliating towel afterwards and felt very clean and envigorated. I feel like it almost helps circulation on some level. The oil afterwards seeped in quickly, and didn't leave a residue. I like this product now!!!

I was in C.O. Bigelow in Boston when I came upon this. I had been looking for a cheaper alternative to my Fresh brown sugar face polish, so I decided to try this, since it is $19.50USD.

I have tried using it as a mask and also just as a scrub, and I find that both are pretty effective at getting rid of the dead skin and leaving my face soft. However, I do dislike the oiliness that it leaves on the face afterwards... since I usually use this after washing my face, I don't usually bother to wash again, but maybe I will start doing that.

I haven't had any breakouts from this yet (knock on wood!) -- but will update if I do. Overall, I will most likely repurchase when my wallet-strings are a little tight. continued >>

on 8/22/2008 1:32:00 PM

I decided to try this CO Bigelow scrub. I used this product for the first time last night as a mask. I thought the smell and texture was really nice, but as I was wiping it off, I noticed this almost greasy feel on my skin.....not something good for a person prone to breakouts. When I woke up this morning I had little bumps all over my face. They You can't really see them unless you look close, but I can feel them. It's awful. I'm bringing this stuff back ASAP.

I loved the smell of this product, and initially, l also liked the exfoliating effects on my skin. However, I did have an allergic rxn to this product. I have no known allergies to any of the listed ingredients, but had a reddened, raised rash all over my face and it took about 1 wk to clear up. I'm NOT a fan. If you don't have a rxn like me, you might like this scrub.

on 3/27/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't really figure out how I feel about this stuff. I kind of like it, but, then again I kind of don't. It is NOT a vey good daily or weekly face scrub. (which is why I purchased it). It works pretty well as a mask thpugh. I have dry skin and the scrub part takes off the flakes while the oil that is left behind moisturizes the new skin nicely. I think I would rather use a less messy moisturizing mask and a separate, more mild scrub.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Horrible greasy goo.

on 12/31/2007 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I use this for the 10 or 20 minute mask, I have an Aveda exfoliator I like to use as a scrub, and definitely see an improvement in my skin's texture for the next couple of days. I just wish it didn't leave behind a film of oil. I always have to wash my face after I use the mask. I think there's definitely something better out there, but I'm finishing up my jar until I go for a hunt.

*Oh and I just remembered, the first time I used this I didn't wash my face after and did get lots of little raised, itchy bumps all over my forehead the next morning. That never happened again though. Maybe its a rite of passage to using the product ha

Popular Scrubs