Cover Girl Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear Soft Blush Satin

Cover Girl Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear Soft Blush Satin

2.7

A word of advice: Avoid ALL so-calling (as they are) long wearing lip colors as NONE of them live up to their claims.
I have tried several: Revlon, Almay (from several years ago), Max Factor (that was actually the best one as far as it goes but not by much),L'Oreal, Maybelline and this one from Cover Girl.
To say this is a mess is an understatement. It's extremely drying,cracks and crumbles,leaving bits of product on your cup when you drink or on a fork or spoon when you eat so that you are actually eating some of the product! I don't want that and neither should you.
The wear is NOT all day and as I stated above, certainly not transfer proof. The balm that it comes with isn't much better: Instead of moisture, it leaves an oily film which does nothing beneficial to your lips and I was hoping that the uneven wearing that shows up after a few hours would be made more even with the balm,well that doesn't happen.
I won't bother to write reviews for the others because I would just repeat the same thing. But I will repeat this: Avoid at any cost!

I finally found my HG. On me the color is very beautiful. My lips have a berry color and I was always told to keep lipsticks in this shade. Lately I found this very boring and getting older I wanted some that looks "younger" but not girlish and still natural. This is exactly the color I was looking for. A pink, but not too much, with a hint of coral. Very flirty but not overdone.

I only use two dots and rub it over my lips, it gives me enough color that lasts all day. The coat,that comes with it, keeps the lips moisturized, at least so far I have no issue with dry lips. This is also the first time I got compliments on my lip color. I hope they never continue this one. Just in case I have to stock up.

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/24/2009 3:23:00 PM

I'm not a fan of Cover Girl at all, I just tried this out of curiosity because it's a lip stain and I thought the color would appear lighter on my pinkish/red lips. I wanted it to lighten them but it didn't do anything and the color looked totally different than when I tried it on my hand.