La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder
Cellular Treatment Foundation PowderLP Cellular Treatment FoundationLP Cellular Treatment FoundationCellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 6/22/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, the packaging is gorgeous. It might serve perfectly as a business card holder if you could change the insides. I was very underwhelmed with the product itself though. In general, I really like powder foundations because they are easy and fast to apply and do a better job at controlling my oily T-zone than other types of foundations. The La Prairie compact did a decent job at oil control. Not outstanding, but decent. The coverage however is really, really bad. I have moderate rosacea and a lot of broken capilleries everywhere on my face. Before I applied this, I covered the cappilleries up with a small concealer stick. The powder does not match well or blend with concealer; applying concealer over the powder is practically impossible. To cover up my redness I had to pile up the layers. I think I have gone as far as eight to ten layers; the end result not being red but very chalky and fake. It lasted me about a month and a half, and I do not even apply make up every single day.
So, all things considered: this powder compact is for the lover of luxury with a flawless skin! I do not recommend it for people with uneven skintone, rosacea or acne.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most beautiful powder foundation. I used to exclusively use powder foundations, but in recent years have gotten into liquid foundations. I now have a fairly huge makeup collection, encompassing all price ranges. I have light/medium skin, and initially purchased Beige Dore. Now that it is summer though, it is a bit light on me. I just received Natural Beige and I am so pleased. I am happy having two shades, so I can customize the perfect shade, for whatever season it is and my skin tone leans towards. I initially used the enclosed sponge to apply the powder, it certainly gives you a great amount of coverage...however I have found that my personal preference is to use a powder brush (in my case the Wayne Goss 00) to apply it, and it just creates the most seamless finish. I am SO in love with this powder formulation, and the packaging just looks so classy. It actually looks just like a vintage cigarette case, which I personally love. I highly recommend using a setting spray (in my case Urban Decay All Nighter) to set the makeup AND tone down the powdery-ness, so it just melts into your skin beautifully. As a side note, when I use this product I apply light concealer FIRST, and lightly set it with some RCMA No Color Powder, THEN I apply this powder foundation. I am sure you could use this powder to set your concealer, it is just a matter of preference on my part.

on 6/9/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a very dry and acne prone skin. I was afraid to buy a powder foundation because I always imagined it's too much for my skin and it will plug my pores. I saw someone at a beauty store with a very flawless skin and she was wearing this on her face at the moment. She recommended me to buy this and ever since I'm using this product. It doesn't plug my pores and it doesn't seem to be too much for my skin(even with a liquid foundation) and I witnessed no dryness afterwards, so I'm a fan. The only thing is that it's too pricey but I guess I can use it for a long long time.

on 3/11/2017 10:56:00 AM

I usually use liquide foundation but after reading the many good reviews here I wanted to try this foundation so went to a department store to check it out. The experience at the La Prarie counter was unpleasant to say the least. Upon my requesting to try the foundation, the sales proceeded to put a tonne of products, ie everything in their skin care line, on my face before applying the foundation.I went along thinking I would be seeing a flawless face after all this prep and faff. Therefore I was horrified to see the surface of the moon looking back at me when I looked in the mirror. First of all the sales applied the foundation so badly and unevenly so it's patchy and clumpy. It sits on top of the other products and did not blend at all. Secondly with the foundation on my pores looked magnified and enlarged a million times. The texture of the foundation seems fine, however I can't really say how it really performs as I am sure if she had not filled my pores with excessive products in advance and had not applied the foundation so badly the foundation might work better. The most annoying thing is that all these products she put on me ended up breaking my skin out. I guess I will just stick with liquid foundations for now.

on 11/28/2016 12:47:00 AM

This is incredible. I have been using Chanel foundation powder which I was happy with. I generally think their cosmetics have a finer texture and more pigment. I also like the clean black packaging which you are not embarrassed to take out of your purse.
I can't say exactly why I tried the La Prairie. I even got it online so guessed at the color. I am fair but chose cameo as the lightest looked too pink.
The color is fine. This gives much better coverage while looking as if you are not wearing make up.
The only big downside is the cost $90 for a tiny bit of foundation. Small downside is too flashy a compact.
How my face looks trumps all and this looks very natural, more coverage than Chanel, nice light feeling that you are not wearing makeup. Great lasting power. I went to the gym which no makeup survives for me as I like a light foundation. It was still giving me some coverage after a long workout.
I love it.

on 10/29/2016 1:56:00 PM

Love this on the makeup (when I need more coveridge) or alone. It looks very natural...

on 9/5/2016 11:14:00 AM

I bought this powder foundation after using other high-end liquid ones. None of them really worked for me as I have combination skin and by the end of the day my foundation would be completely gone or partially gone from T-zone but I would see dry patches on the outer part of my skin.
It is a very long-lasting and high-coverage product that has changed my make-up routine completely. I use shade Cameo and bought it for 39£. I will never replace this product. It was worth the splurge. It looks great on the photos, works will all my other powder cosmetics. I can build it up according to the state of my skin. I now hunt bargain sales of la prairie to get value for money on this product but even the original price is a good reflection of the quality.
My only problem is that I am yet to find a powder concealer to go with this foundation.

The best high end makeup I have ever tried! And also the best powder foundation; it´s long wearing (I use laura mercier primer), great-buildable coverage and the best part: it looks natural and at the end of the day my makeup looks even better than right after putting it. A great plus for me, is that it didn't break out my sensitive skin. Definitely expensive but worth the splurge.

A makeup item that should be tested at least one time.

best long lasting powder ever!!!

This is a really beautiful foundation. It looks incredibly natural and does not wear off easily. I was using a Chanel foundation before and like this better. I would definitely recommend this product. I was told that in order to get the best results use a primer underneath. It works and lasts all day plus it's treated foundation so you feel it is doing great things for you skin while you wear it.