La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder
Cellular Treatment Foundation PowderLP Cellular Treatment FoundationLP Cellular Treatment FoundationCellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

Ingredients (2017): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Squalane, Methicone, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Lactobacillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Glycerin, Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Propyleme Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 5/11/2018 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I’m nc10 and I owned the LP pressed “foundation” in Ivory. It is extremely dense so it took me about 2 years to finish it off although I did not use it daily. It is very demanding to the condition of the skin - it did accentuate dry flakes and was quite tricky to use if I needed to conceal little smth as I found I couldn’t really layer it , incl. on top of a concealer, as it caked and stood out from the rest of the face never blending in. And it did look powdery if I went “heavy handed”. A bummer, bc I bought it as a “foundation” marketed as having decent coverage - which it does not. Alone, I’d say it gives light coverage at the most, preferably even “sheer” for a more natural non-powdery finish. Light-midway medium coverage is imo only achievable with a “sticky” moisturizer, medium - with a foundation underneath. So, my experience with it is a) using it alone when the skin is perfectly hydrated, on its best behavior, with nothing to conceal - it then gives a nice polished satiny finish and holds up rather well for hours; b) on top of a liquid “sticky” product - but risking streaks/blotches and creasing in expression lines. In any case, although it surely is a “base” product, I can’t ever call it “a foundation” in its current sense of the word. A pretty good, finelly milled talc-based satiny mattifying non-translucent powder it is. Hence, the 4 lippies because, although imo mismarketed, it was a quality product. Not foolproof, btw. (quite cakeable) - but really in line with the like (eg Chanel vitalumiere pressed).
The shade had a light neutral-ish peachy undertone which opalesced to cool in a certain lighting (which was a bit ethereal and rather flattering). As far as I rememder all the 3 shades they make were peachy to a more or lesser extent. There aren’t really shades for warm (yellow-tone) complexions or when warm-based shades are advised (rosacea or other reddness that needs balancing out with yellower-based products).
Didn’t seem to irritate however I never noticed any sooting or skin-bettering effect.
I couldn’t EVER master the wet sponge application - and oh I tried. It was hot mess. Idk. I got a MUFE #110 (a dense softest straight kabuki marketed for liquid products) specially to use with this powder instead of the sponge/puff. It kinda worked as well as this powder “foundation” could perform. A fluffier kabuki (the Mufe #124) applied it sheer as a regular matte powder. The sponge that goes with the compact is made of a latexy stuff similar to the beautyblender, it is not the flocked type; and it was imo pretty unusable.
The compact was nice, a good quality plastic that didn’t really scratch during use and was light enough for travel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation!
Recently I had the struggle to find something that will work over dry by Retin-A patches of my face. I tried many hyped products but they all were looking cakey and settled into fine lines if not immediately then surely by the end of the day.
I bought this in Beige Dore - light/light-medium warm-toned powder. The coverage is buildable. The powder is scented but the fragrance doesn't linger and doesn't disturb my sensitive skin or my sensitive nose.

This is the first foundation that:
- works great over dry patches;
- looks great by the end of the day, even better than when just applied;
- long lasting and very touch-up friendly;
- my skin doesn't get dry or oily through the day, it looks even;
- it looks very natural, like a photoshopped version of my own skin.

I find it applies best with the sponge that comes with it for a medium/full coverage or with a flat top powder brush for a sheer coverage, full coverage brushes tend to make it cakey, while beautyblender leave marks. I don't like a wet application because when it dries the powder accentuates the dryness of my face.

One lipstick off for the fact that it only comes in 6 shades, but I find powders to be more adaptive than liquids. HG foundation for me, worth the money.

UPDATE June 7th:
I still haven't found a concealer that works with it and it hurts if I apply it over my sensitive eyes. As soon as I washed the sponge that comes with it a couple of times I can't get the great application I've used to have. It gets patchy or cakey and it took me a while to find the brush that works as well as sponge did at the begging. Also, it is very drying if I use it continuously. I won't repurchase.

on 10/26/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best powder I ever use. Not too shiny or too matt. I got Best no makeup look with this.

on 10/26/2017 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely the best powder foundation I've ever used. almost twice as expensive as brands like Dior, Chanel etc. but quality issues 10 times better. Goes on so smooth you won't believe this is a powder. It just blends seemlessly into my skin, coverage is decent. My skin just looks very polished yet natural with this foundation on. Definitely recommend for dry skin.

on 6/22/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, the packaging is gorgeous. It might serve perfectly as a business card holder if you could change the insides. I was very underwhelmed with the product itself though. In general, I really like powder foundations because they are easy and fast to apply and do a better job at controlling my oily T-zone than other types of foundations. The La Prairie compact did a decent job at oil control. Not outstanding, but decent. The coverage however is really, really bad. I have moderate rosacea and a lot of broken capilleries everywhere on my face. Before I applied this, I covered the cappilleries up with a small concealer stick. The powder does not match well or blend with concealer; applying concealer over the powder is practically impossible. To cover up my redness I had to pile up the layers. I think I have gone as far as eight to ten layers; the end result not being red but very chalky and fake. It lasted me about a month and a half, and I do not even apply make up every single day.
So, all things considered: this powder compact is for the lover of luxury with a flawless skin! I do not recommend it for people with uneven skintone, rosacea or acne.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most beautiful powder foundation. I used to exclusively use powder foundations, but in recent years have gotten into liquid foundations. I now have a fairly huge makeup collection, encompassing all price ranges. I have light/medium skin, and initially purchased Beige Dore. Now that it is summer though, it is a bit light on me. I just received Natural Beige and I am so pleased. I am happy having two shades, so I can customize the perfect shade, for whatever season it is and my skin tone leans towards. I initially used the enclosed sponge to apply the powder, it certainly gives you a great amount of coverage...however I have found that my personal preference is to use a powder brush (in my case the Wayne Goss 00) to apply it, and it just creates the most seamless finish. I am SO in love with this powder formulation, and the packaging just looks so classy. It actually looks just like a vintage cigarette case, which I personally love. I highly recommend using a setting spray (in my case Urban Decay All Nighter) to set the makeup AND tone down the powdery-ness, so it just melts into your skin beautifully. As a side note, when I use this product I apply light concealer FIRST, and lightly set it with some RCMA No Color Powder, THEN I apply this powder foundation. I am sure you could use this powder to set your concealer, it is just a matter of preference on my part.

on 6/9/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a very dry and acne prone skin. I was afraid to buy a powder foundation because I always imagined it's too much for my skin and it will plug my pores. I saw someone at a beauty store with a very flawless skin and she was wearing this on her face at the moment. She recommended me to buy this and ever since I'm using this product. It doesn't plug my pores and it doesn't seem to be too much for my skin(even with a liquid foundation) and I witnessed no dryness afterwards, so I'm a fan. The only thing is that it's too pricey but I guess I can use it for a long long time.

on 3/11/2017 10:56:00 AM

I usually use liquide foundation but after reading the many good reviews here I wanted to try this foundation so went to a department store to check it out. The experience at the La Prarie counter was unpleasant to say the least. Upon my requesting to try the foundation, the sales proceeded to put a tonne of products, ie everything in their skin care line, on my face before applying the foundation.I went along thinking I would be seeing a flawless face after all this prep and faff. Therefore I was horrified to see the surface of the moon looking back at me when I looked in the mirror. First of all the sales applied the foundation so badly and unevenly so it's patchy and clumpy. It sits on top of the other products and did not blend at all. Secondly with the foundation on my pores looked magnified and enlarged a million times. The texture of the foundation seems fine, however I can't really say how it really performs as I am sure if she had not filled my pores with excessive products in advance and had not applied the foundation so badly the foundation might work better. The most annoying thing is that all these products she put on me ended up breaking my skin out. I guess I will just stick with liquid foundations for now.

on 3/4/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great foundation if it matches your skin tone. I used to match it but lately my skin color has changed with the seasons and I can no longer find a match. It is essentially a powder foundation can be built to full coverage using the included sponge applicator or you can use a powder brush and use it as a finishing powder. I used this product for well over a year and I often got compliments on how good it made my skin look. Ingredients wise this is one of the very few foundations that don't contain octinoxate, and is the only La Prairie foundation without it. It does not cause breakouts for me. However sometimes during winter when my skin is a bit drier I have dry spots using this foundation. The other downside is that it is not cheap it's $95 but honestly that compact had lasted me over a year with regular use. The packaging is gorgeous very sleek looking compact. The only bad thing is if you drop it then the pressed powder may break which is what happened to me, making it no longer portable. Besides the higher price tag, and limited shades this is an excellent foundation that blows many mineral makeups out of the water. It has a good rage of coverage without making one look cakey, it is long lasting can last about 8 hours depending on heat and humidity, is not too dry or too moisturizing. If you have oily combination skin prone to breakouts you should definitely give this a try.

on 11/28/2016 12:47:00 AM

This is incredible. I have been using Chanel foundation powder which I was happy with. I generally think their cosmetics have a finer texture and more pigment. I also like the clean black packaging which you are not embarrassed to take out of your purse.
I can't say exactly why I tried the La Prairie. I even got it online so guessed at the color. I am fair but chose cameo as the lightest looked too pink.
The color is fine. This gives much better coverage while looking as if you are not wearing make up.
The only big downside is the cost $90 for a tiny bit of foundation. Small downside is too flashy a compact.
How my face looks trumps all and this looks very natural, more coverage than Chanel, nice light feeling that you are not wearing makeup. Great lasting power. I went to the gym which no makeup survives for me as I like a light foundation. It was still giving me some coverage after a long workout.
I love it.