Kanebo Sensai CP Skincare Foundation CREAM FOUNDATION SPF 15

4.8

No ingredients

on 4/5/2016 12:30:00 PM

I highly recommend this foundation...if you are looking for flawless coverage and a truly skin-like finish, this is the one to try. I love this foundation...the gorgeous medium coverage, skin-conditioning ingredients and dewy, yet lasting wear.
This foundation has medium coverage that is buildable to full. Despite the fact that it contains mineral oil, I find that it is in no way irritating to my extremely sensitive skin.
For formal and special occasions, I use it with the Kanebo brightening base , which creates a flawless finish ..I have this foundation in NC 22 Natural Beige.

on 12/22/2015 4:32:00 AM

This is the best foundation I've ever used!! I've tried many, many for the years. It's very expensive but it's worth every $ for such a great,natural-looking finish on every face. I'm using Natural Beige 22 and it's ok for the winter time for my skin.This is probably the most "safe" match I've ever got.All colours are natural and perfect for everyone. Difference beweeen colours is not big. I think that next time I will buy number 23 Almond beige because 22 is little too light for me. 23 will be perfect for the people in NC 23/25 from Mac . NO 22 natural beige is closer to NC 20. I put it on at 6 a.m. and it stays l great until I take it off at 9 p.m.!! What is even more funny-every hour it looks better and better! I have very sensitive skin with some small acne problems.This is great for me.Finally after 20 years I have found the great one! I have used really 95 % foundation on the cosmetic market. One pot I use 8 -10 months! I am doing my make up every day!
Good advice for more oily skin-put first powder to your face and then this foundation-effect will be incredible also on your face!
Fantastic flawless skin !

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/16/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation andand seriously I have tried many. I am very picky one. I have very sensitive skin and at the moment also acne prone due to hormonal changes and London's weather. This foundation is light but coverscovers well, looks natural, purchase in natural beige which is the perfect match. Can't praise enough, my skin looks healthier, and smooth. Just the jar of this foundation is very small which I did not expect that. Overall I can recommend it. Will definitely buy again

on 7/3/2015 7:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have mature, combination skin with tendency to be dry except for my nose. I am a NW15 in color. So my search has aways been for excellent color match, finish that looks natural but has good coverage to give that flawless look but won't settle into pores or light lines. Also can't have a cakey appearance. Then the foundation needs to stay put all day. I don't mind doing a powder to my shiny nose midday but want the foundation to still look good.

Okay that's probably what most people are looking for, right?

I ordered this foundation through Amazon as they had CF12 which appeared to be a good color match.

Received it yesterday and initial impression is - this could be it - the perfect foundation for me! The color match is spot on for my NW15 coloring. The packaging is nothing special - in a jar as it's a cream foundation. I didn't notice any smell. I applied this over the Smashbox pore minimizing primer. I used a moist beauty blender and it went on and blended easily. As others have mentioned in reviews, it really kind of just melds into the skin becoming almost part of it. The finish is incredible - super coverage but just so natural looking. I see what others rave about. I just can't express how much better this is from the many others I have tried.

Now let's go through the day to see how it holds up. I'll update after a full day of wearing this and then back again in a few weeks if my initial impressions change. But up front I couldn't be happier. Just wish it was easier to find. No more left of my color on Amazon. The only other place I can see to order is Harrods and super expensive there.

on 9/28/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

please can someone advice me on this foundation?. I wear diorskin hydrating foundation in 020. I find the new replacement formula too dark now and it oxidises . This appears to be the best foundation from what i can see on the reviews but i'm so confused about shades!!!. In the uk i an only find this in Harrods yet there is no summer breeze shade anymore only soft beige are these shades the same?!!!. I have no idea which shade to choose!.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is by far the best foundation I've ever tried and I tried a lot. Melts into the skin completely, no-makeup effect, moisturises, adds glow, medium to full coverage, long-wearing (you get a good 6 to 8 hours), may be worn with or without a primer, literally matches any primer you get, not necessarily Sensai.
I prefer to use a Dior Full Coverage brush and blend the foundation very sparingly where I need it for pigmentation or redness, otherwise I don't need any. It goes well for under eye circles too, no new wrinkles and hides existing ones. Hides pores as well.
First I bought 14 Bamby Beige, but felt it was too dark/tan, making it a perfect summer shade. Then I bought 12 Summer Breeze and it was perfect. For your reference, I also have EL DW in 1N2 Ecru and could wear CD in 020nd MAC NW15. In Sensai, odd numbers are yellow based and even are more pink-based or at least, more neutral.
I also have Sensai CP powder foundation in the same colors and brush it over cream, and it isn't an overdo, they are even more perfect together, in terms of finish and longevity. If you have a shiny t-zone you may want to blot and touch up well after noon. You can match any of them with any other.
Well, Sensai CP cream foundation is insanely expensive but worth every penny, if you are over 40 (mature skin) and your wallet could stand that, don't even hesitate, this is the best you can have. A little goes a very long way.

on 3/7/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This Foundation is lovely and does feel luxurious but I am not a fan of the packaging. It is heavy glass which is expected from a high end foundation but when m foundation arived the plastic seal over the product was so tight that I spilled quite a bit and lost product. also it does not seem like you get a lot of product with this.

PROS
This foundation wears for an extremely long time but still delivers the most gorgeous satin,glowing soft focus finish ever without being oily or feeling heavy, I am however going to save this for the summer when my skin is less dry and the finish of the foundation is able to show through.

It has no spf which means if it matches you perfectly in daylight it should photograph well.
It looks great for every occasion , from everyday wear to an evening out and could be sheered down or built up and I ALWAYS get compliments on my skin when I wear this.
For best results I find that this is best applied with fingers or a beauty blender to preserve the finish and could work well for slightly oily to slightly dry skins with proper prep.

CONS
The shade range. I am in between an nc45-nc50 in MAC, B70 in Ysl,10 in Giorgio Armani LSF,Caramel in Revlon Colorstay combination/oily. While it is usually difficult for me to find a match, I find that the shade TOPAZ BEIGE matches me but the undertone is slightly off. A drop of a slightly more orange or rich foundation is enough to correct this but in pictures the pink/peach undertone of the foundation is still apparent and gives off a very apparent white cast

SUMMARY

While I adore this foundation, I am truly disappointed that I cannot wear it at night time for photos and I feel I can sometimes achieve a similar finish by mixing some of my other high end favorites. Overall this a luxury foundation with a lovely finish that is worth the splurge but may not blow your other foundations out of the water.

on 2/15/2014 6:59:00 AM

UPDATE: Kanebo has changed the color range for this foundation (and the container too; it's still in a jar but in a different shape). Unfortunately, the pale Cream Beige CF 11 color that I loved so much has been eliminated from the range. I still have some left from my original purchase -- when this runs out, don't know what I'll do. I'm really disappointed that they discontinued my shade. The lightest shade they offer now is too dark for anyone really pale. I'm bummed!!

Add me to the list of fans for this foundation! As a fair-skinned redhead, finding the right foundation has always been a challenge. I tried Chanel last year but even the lightest colour was too dark, had an orange cast, and worst of all, made my skin break out. After my Chanel failure, I tried two lesser known (and less expensive!) European brands -- Borlind and Art Deco -- both of which had colours that were better matches, but their texture wasn't right. Then I tried Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. The colour match in the store indicated that Cool Beige 3.25 was the best shade, but it didn't seem right out in the "real world". Also, the coverage was inadequate. But it's not a cheap brand so I thought I'd stick with it.

But while attending a business conference, I decided to slip out to a store near the hotel and came across the Kanebo/Sensai display. The colour Creamy Beige CF11 grabbed my attention right away. I didn't have makeup on, so I put some on one half of my face, then went back to the room and put the BB on the other half. What a difference! Everything about this Kanebo foundation was better -- the colour match, the texture, the way it wore over the course of the day. After six hours, I took another quick break from the conference, ran back to the store, and picked up a jar. Expensive (about $135) but better to pay for something that WORKS than spend money on a variety of products that just aren't right.

The saleslady gave me two samples of the Sensai prime solution to try. So far, they seem good, but I haven't made up my mind yet. But unless something changes dramatically in my skin, the Kanebo/Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation is the one for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I am completely on love with this foundation...but it wasn't love at first sight! I was super excited to try it, as it was my first foray into the Kanebo line and it was much raved about by a trusted beauty blogger. Initially I was put off by the way it dried down. The finish was beautiful but it felt a tad heavy and when I would sweat, any place that I got it a bit thick would become evident and stodgy. However, I then began applying it with a damp Shiseido perfect foundation brush and that's when I fell in love. The damp brush prevented the "heavy" spots and the thick feeling. At that point, the words Holy grail began coming out of my mouth!! It dries to an amazing glowy finish...not dewy, not shiny, not sparkly...but absolutely glowy. My skin looks amazing and trust me, I do NOT have amazing skin. I have large pores and fine lines galore from years of smoking. Although I've quit, the reminders are there :(. It covers the redness on my cheeks, smooths fine lines, and does not dehydrate my skin (a problem I have with MANY foundations). It blends seamlessly and easily and the shade match is the most perfect match I've ever found. I am nc23 and CF22-natural beige is a perfect match. Its a wonderdful cream texture that lasts till I wash it off. It is an amazingly tenacious foundation. My only problem with this base is the packaging. The jar is messy and unsanitary. Elegant looking, minimalistic, and sturdy glass, it is quite nice to look at...but I am just not a fan of makeup in jars. It's such a wonderful product, I'm willing to overlook it and decant a small amount into a sample jar once or twice a month so I don't have to open the main jar anymore than necessary. Bottom line, I think it would work well for a variety of skin types, but it works exceptionally well for my aging, combo/dehydrated skin. I love it and would certainly replenish when I run out. The price is steep but a jar will last a very long time...and the added skincare makes it worth it for me. I have noticed a marked improvement in my skin's texture with daily use over the last 3 months, and it survived the ridiculous humidity and heat of this past summer. A big thumbs up!!

This is my HG of foundations. I have thin, dry skin with fine lines. I apply it with a MAC makeup brush over a base of Filorga Iso Structure firming cream. It goes on quite thick, then I finish blending it with fingers all over, and it seems to vanish into my skin, giving me a weightless feeling like I'm not wearing makeup at all, yet giving me 100% full coverage of all flaws and glowing, radiant finish. I went for CF14 colour bamby beige which is very pale but is an exact match. The small glass jar is not very convenient, ok I guess if you're dipping a makeup brush into it though. Fine lines are not totally disguised but do seem less visible, this foundation certainly doesn't seep into them or enhance them. It's mega expensive 60 in UK, seems it will last a long time
though. Will keep buying it if they keep making it!