Maybelline Water Shine Elixir

No Image

4.6

This is my favourite lipgloss ever. Unlike most glosses, this isn't sticky and doesn't feel greasy.
It lasts a long time and mantains all it's shine.
When I first saw the applicator I thought it would be hard on my lips, but it isn't, it's smooth and glides well.
Highly recomend it.

on 7/18/2008 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this lip gloss! I've always found most lip glosses I've used either too sticky or too sheer and doesn't stay long. But this one.. PERFECT! I have these in two colours and is tempted to get more!

on 6/16/2008 11:32:00 AM

Now it's summer and I decided that I need some gloss to go with my tanned skin. I wanted a neutrall nude shade to tone down a pinkness of my lips. At the store i noticed that maybelline products are on sale, so even i'm not a fan of this brand, i decided to buy this watershine elixir gloss ( but it says it a lipstick).
I must say I was quite surprised with this! To me, it's quite hard to find a good lip product for me, I have lots from Rimmel to Dior, but only few of them are used constantly...
What I like about it?
The consistency ( not too goopy and sticky), smell (almost none), Staying power ( for a gloss it ok, it survives a few drinks) and what i like the most is the look, its really has "watery" shine, which doesn't look too cheap... But i maybe I just chose a suitable shade for me (560), a pale, neutral nude shade, which does brighten my lips.
I would repurchase, probably in coral shade.

on 9/5/2007 4:18:00 AM

I thought I would try this new gloss from Maybelline as a replacement for my favourite Water Shine Liquid Diamonds gloss, a product line which has now been discontinued. Overall, I am quite pleased with the gloss itself, it is a nice consistency – thick enough to last quite a long time, but not too sticky (I feel it has more of a gel like formula). I am also very impressed with the high-shine of the gloss, although you have to apply the right amount to make sure of this. If you don’t apply enough, the gloss just looks dewy rather than extremely shiny, which is nice anyway for certain occasions. The gloss also has a nice fresh scent that reminds me of melons. When I first purchased this gloss, I wasn’t too keen on the packaging, for application reasons rather than aesthetic. It comes in a long silver coloured tube, with a clear window in the middle that shows you the colour of the gloss. To apply, you twist the end of the tube (hearing it click), and the gloss comes out of tiny holes in the plastic at the other end, which is slanted, reminding me of a pen. At first I didn’t like this, preferring the sponge tipped wands you usually get with gloss, but it has grown on me as I have become used to the number of clicks needed to get out exactly the right amount of gloss (as with most things it’s best to build up rather than apply too much). I was also worried the application tip would become messy and sticky over time, but I haven’t found any problems with this, as the cap of the gloss is slanted to fit the tip perfectly, and has moulded little “prongs” on it that fit into the holes where the gloss comes out. I will definitely be buying more of these glosses, as I have only one at the moment in Lunar Lilac (see separate review for this colour) and I already have my eye on the shade Ivory Star.

One of the best drugstore l/g out there! Watershine Elixirs applies very smooth and silky, without any stickiness or gloopiness, and they leave a sheer tint on the lips, smoothing the lines and moisturising wonderfully. Great range of colours and very innovative packaging - click/pump tube. There is only 1 gripe - whilst the packaging looks chic, it's actually made of clear plastic coated with silver paint ( its the same twist-up pen as Shiseido's Macquillage Diamond Tear l/g, which unfortunately aren't available in the UK). Shall be repurchasing.

on 4/23/2007 7:00:00 AM

First of all the packaging is wonderful...Very smart this twister that pulls out the right amount of gloss without spoilling excellent...I have it in vibrant wine 542 a mauve fuchsia which works quite well with my grey-green eyes...The filling is nice non sticky and lasts quite long for a gloss the prise 9.88Eur for this packaging gives you the opportunity to try a lots of different colours...I give 5 lippies for the comparison price-quality and the smart packaging.Definetely reprachase and on other colours because i don't think the542 its actually the ideal for me...

on 10/30/2006 10:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a brand new product from Maybelline - a clickpen gloss which has silver packaging which looks similar to a cocktail shaker. At the moment of writing, this product is only out in a few european countries and Japan ("Water Shiny Essence"), although it's bound to hit the rest of the world very soon.

This is one of the best drugstore glosses, in my opinion. as pigmented as Revlon's "Color Glide", but with some extremely unique shades. I have two of these - "Wine Shine" which is a creme berry/plum and "Apricot Attraction" which is a very unique melon shade with peachy-pink microshimmer and a golden sheen. Both apply smoothly, have moderate staying poser, have a subtle melon scent and are wonderfully pigmented. The glosses aren't too sticky and sit comfortably, and make a real alternative for pigmented gloss fans which are looking for an alternative to higher priced glosses.

continued >>