3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

This is one of the best mascaras - maybe THE best- for creating a daytime look. It's especially good for people who are satisfied with their lashes, & want a natural appearance. I'm blond & we all know that blond eyelashes look weird lol. But my lashes are full, so most mascaras clump and look heavy on me. Volume Exact mascara coats them nicely. It also gives some volume + length without looking like I'm going to the club, or like a little girl playing with makeup. It's great. So, of course, Cover Girl discontinues it. I don't understand their sales strategy. Volume Exact is their highest rated mascara. They just didn't put the marketing dollars behind it that they give to Lash Blast (an inferior, toxic product). I don't see myself buying Cover Girl mascara after Volume Exact is gone. Lash perfection is not as good. Lash Blast has chemicals that emit fumes when it's wet, so it burns my eyes. Stock up on Volume Exact! AND save the wands, in case they release a similar formula. For people wanting a natural looking mascara that tames and coats well like this one, try Urban Decay Supercurl. I really like it and will probably use that one when I can no longer find Volume Exact.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

8 years ago

Not a bad mascara. I had no clumping, smearing or smudging. It gives my lashes a natural look that lasts all day.

About reviewer (492 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

I have not used CG mascara in more than 10 years, because it always flaked and irritated my eyes as a teen. I was in CVS when I realized I needed a new mascara and grabbed this from the clearance section. It gives okay volume and didn't flake, but it does not hold curl well. I also had a problem with the brush... it seemed to scratch the rims of my eyes when I got it too close to the base of my lashes. I've used dozens of mascaras and all types of brushes and they have never hurt me like this one. Overall just an okay mascara, nothing I would rebuy.

About reviewer (405 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

One of my favorites! It gives a really full, but not unnatural look. No spidery looking lashes with this stuff. Love.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

The best mascara ever! Performs better than high end brands like Givenchy , Origins, and other drugstore brands like Loreal Voluminous. You can apply coat after coat without waiting for lashes to dry in between coats. Never clumps, never, smears under eyes or flakes. I do not have sensitive eyes, but other have found that other high and low end formulas cause irritation. Never with Volume Exact. Easy to remove with soap and water. Leaves lashes looking beautifully full and long, yet still natural. My HG mascara. BUT-it has been discontinued! Boo! I am buying as much as I can from eBay sellers.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Why did they have to discontinue this?! I used to use this all the time in Very Black and then I switched to a Revlon mascara that got discontinued. I went back to the Volume Exact and still loved it. I have long lashes, and this really makes them show and adds great volume without being clumpy. It's a bit wet at first but after a few applications I find that it tends to dry out a bit so it is easier to put on and dries quickly. The brush is the perfect size. I don't poke myself in the eye or get mascara in unwanted places on my face like those huge brushes. I am so sad this was replaced with the CoverGirl Lash Perfection. It is not that bad, but not nearly as good as the Volume Exact for building volume. I buy the CoverGirl Lash Perfection now, but use the Volume Exact applicator. I just saved it when I ran out and washed it. If you can still find it somewhere, it's definitely worth stocking up on.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

i used to love the maybelline soft and full, but that didnt hold curls as well. i like the natural look and this is perfect. it can be bold if you put lots and lots on but i dont do that. it gives fuller lashes than the maybelline one but not as much length which is great for those who wear glasses. does a good job separating too :)

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

The greatest mascara ever! Volumizing, lengthening, defining and quick and easy to apply and look great. And I've tried a lot of mascaras- from cheapo (Essence) to expensive (YSL). I have found other mascaras that look pretty good but only after spending a looong time with them trying to separate lashes, etc... So of course it's been discontinued. The new mascara they replaced it with- Lash Perfection- is nowhere near as good. My 2 year hunt after Max Factor Couture was removed from the US now has to begin again after I go thru my back stock. Not fair not fair not fair!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

8 years ago

Love the mascara, i already have 2 other back ups because of a sale at rexall. This mascara provides volume in a natural and noticeable way, I have short straight asian eyelashes and I HAVE gotten compliments about my long eye lashes when I use this mascara. You have to know how to use it, this mascara is not good for dramatic looks, there is no way you will be able to achieve it. This is for school and work subtle but noticeable eyelashes. Would def recommend this buy!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I have this mascara in Brown. It creates great lash definition without "spidereyes", and lasts all day. It doesn't clump, and also looks very natural. Will definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm