3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

This product needs no introduction as there's many reviews on this one. I picked it up on the plane because my partner is super allergic to products and has a skin rash which gets flaky and dry. So despite having wanting to try this for a long time, I only really picked it up to see if it would help his skin. Which it did! It's nearly empty now, and it calms his rash. I've tried it as a lip balm and was amazed at how it really absorbs into the lips, so there's no product leftover, and the lips literally felt firmer, healthier. Trying it on the face is a bit much and not recommended in my opinion. It doesn't replace a good moisturizer!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

6 months ago

This moisturizer is fine. But only fine. My skin is prone to dryness and flakes. I picked a tub of this up and it was ok in the summer, but now that the weather has turned colder I'm finding it's not sufficient to keep away the dryness, despite applying a liberal amount before bed. If I look closely in the mirror, I can still see signs of dryness despite regular exfoliation. I mainly have a problem with this because the product is so thick and oily. I would put up with the heaviness of the product if it were a miracle for dry skin and kept it totally at bay, but one can find moisturizers that do as good a job at keeping skin moisturized, that also absorb more quickly and provide a much better base for makeup. Not to mention for a lot less money - this stuff ain't cheap. It's not awful, but for the price, it doesn't do enough. I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

10 months ago

I bought it recently I apply it daily to keep my skin hydrated and healthy

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0
from

10 months ago

Better as a hand salve or body balm than a facial moisturizer. My skin felt dry and tight after using it after a month. Also, it made my hyperpigmentation more pronounced. Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

First of all, this cannot be compared with Vaseline or Aquaphor. I've used both for many years, and Egyptian Magic is a completely different product with different ingredients. Your skin absorbs Egyptian Magic. If you think it's greasy, you're using entirely too much. Warm a very small amount between your hands so it will liquify; then, apply. It is the best product I have used on my hands and cuticles. Unlike Vaseline and Aquaphor, Egyptian Magic comforts my hands, makes them soft, and absorbs into my skin. I can actually do things like use my computer, pick up a mug of hot coffee, touch my face, anything -- because there is no greasy residue. I apply it to my lips and they become soft and comfortable, not greasy. Yes, it's pricey, but you use so little at a time, a jar will last for months. It makes my sore winter hands feel healed and comfortable, and I've never used another product that can do that for me. To apply this to my hands and feet after a hot shower is a luxury that makes me feel like I'm doing something good for myself. I love it.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Coarse

a year ago

Amazing Amazing Amazing!!! The hype is most definitely real... Works great over a serum, first cream I've used in a long time were I wake up and my skin feels dewy, no nasties, no harsh chemicals, if your trying to be more natural and use less chemicals this is most definitely the one, just wish I'd discovered this years ago, top marks... Even if you just use it twice a week as a night treatments, stops the dryness head on

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesBlue

a year ago

Just background info - I have oily, acne-prone skin that has normalized in the past few years. I rarely break out anymore and only need to blot in the summertime at this point. I do get wicked dry skin about 2-3x per winter though, depending on what I decided to inflict upon it. First of all, this is way different than Vaseline/Aquaphor. Not knocking those products, this is just different. Egyptian Magic sinks in and feels nourishing. It can feel like it's "locking things in" but I wouldn't use it as a sealant like petroleum jelly. I use this as needed on face, lips, and especially hands/cuticles when my skin is extra parched and flaky. It smoothes and calms, has never broken me out, and has never dried my skin out. However I'm not sure I'd use it as my daily moisturizer—I'm starting to get a little wary of oils for my face. I feel that they're more of a "conditioning" step vs. moisturizing. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that all the ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil are what makes this great. Also, I haven't experienced this myself, but I can see how using olive oil a lot can dry your skin out. I do think it's a little overpriced but I spot the little tubs at Marshall's from time to time for about $12 and they last forever. (Also, use that 20% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon!) The packaging is wondrous and ridiculous and makes me laugh. I'm not mad at it.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

I was in search of an eye cream/balm without any type of alcohol, without glycerin (feeds fungal acne) and without shea butter (allergic to it). Those are usually my rules when I look for any kind of face cream. So, when I found out about reddit users using Egyptian magic as eye cream, I thought I was in luck, but boy was I wrong. I started using it under my eyes at night and on my hands and lips throughout the day. To my surprise, my lips became dry within days and so did my hands! My face is naturally oily, so I didn't notice my eyes getting crepey for almost a week. After that, I researched EM causing dry skin and I found out that olive oil, which is the first ingredient in EM, can damage the skin's moisture barrier! So, now I'm on the hunt AGAIN for a good eye cream that fits my ingredient criteria. Ugh. I might have to diy. Price paid: $35 at Bed Bath and Beyond. I wasn't going to buy it cheaper from Amazon, or eBay because I read that there are fakes being sold there and I like to know the true ingredients of products I'm using! Bottom line: I would definitely not purchase this again!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I had to chuckle when I read a review comparing Egyptian Magic to Aquaphor. One has to just take a quick look at the ingredients to know (hopefully) that you cannot compare a truly remarkable skin healer to this petrolatum (aka mineral oil) laden garbage you should never put on your skin in the first place. Egyptian Magic is all natural, while Aquaphor is most definitely not. The first one, although of an "oily" consistency, will not clog your pores, while the other will, which then usually result in huge pores and breakouts. Anyway, long story short, I find Egyptian Magic to be the go-to skin and hair product, and never had a reaction, or a single pimple (and I do have combination to oily skin) develop from using it. When I over-process my hair, I use Egyptian Magic to restore the shine and silky feel. Once a week hair "mask" of Egyptian Magic, wrapped in a warm towel, seem to work wonders on split ends as well. I also apply Egyptian Magic on my GSD's skin issues; he is an older dog, not as active as he used to be, and he sometimes develops very bad hot spots that seem to also get instantly infected with resistant bacterial strains... The poor guy has to take antibiotics for that but, when I add Egyptian Magic to the treatment, the hot spots heal much faster, and without scarring. Egyptian Magic might be a bit overpriced but, for what it does for me and my pet, I highly recommend this product.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I seriously can't believe all the reviewers who would rather use Vaseline than this cream. Have you ever looked into what Vaseline is made of? How can it be more beneficial for your skin to slather on some oil refinery derivative instead of normal adequate skin care ingredients? Well, I am not here to argue with the Vaseline-lovers (to each their own), but in the battle of opinions on Egyptian Magic cream I know exactly where I stand: It's a great product. Many reviewers mentioned the cream's oiliness - have you tried using less? My husband also complained it's oily, and I couldn't understand why until I saw how he applies it - what he used in one go would last me a week! So, adjust the quantity, and if you are still dissatisfied with how much is not absorbed, blot it off with a paper towel, for goodness sake. What is so hard to figure out? On to the smell: anyone who finds the smell weird - the cream smells of its listed ingredients. I recommend you get acquainted with the smell of bee propolis, so that you know it when you come across it. On to the packaging - thank heavens it's a normal jar, that has only one lid, that opens and closes easily! I simply hate those ultra-modern bottles that do not come apart, are non-transparent, and you can never tell how much product is left in that darned bottle. Also, you are never getting to use all of it, AND you pay the manufacturer MORE for the dubious privilege of using only 3/4 of the packaged product. Anyway, if you can't be bothered to wash your hands before you stick them in the jar (because tell me how else would you get DIRT particles into it???) - use a spatula. And wash it after each use. And keep it in a clean place. If you can't trust the cleanliness of that place - wash it also before you stick it in the jar. But then remember to wipe it dry with a paper towel, or else you might find some water accumulating in your cream jar. Again, what is so difficult about it? My personal improvement on the cream is to scoop it out into a glass container, as I am not a fan of plastic and other harmful chemicals. One lippie off. On to the price - in a word, it is justified. Anyone who does not think it fair to pay this much for such easily accessible ingredients is welcome to replicate the cream at home at a fraction of the price. Ohhhh, but that requires effort....Right, so let's look at it this way - you are paying for convenience here, and the price is pretty fair. By the way, if you ever tried a Chanel cream, please explain to me what justifies the price there? All I can see is the same basic plastic container with a twisting lid, a hefty list of chemicals, and none to insignificant results - yet, you wouldn't find a Chanel cream cheaper than $80 a jar. At least with Egyptian Magic I know I am buying a quality product in decent quantity. And finally on to efficiency - it really depends where you start with your skin condition and what results you are looking for. This cream does not irritate my skin (unlike so-so many others), keeps it elastic and soft, heals any dry patches, and behaves equally well as a night cream, and under makeup. Do I expect near-Botox results on lines or wrinkles? Nope - because no cream will give you that, no matter what they claim. My verdict: Egyptian Magic cream is a great basic multi-purpose skin care product. The ingredients are true staples in skin care, have been that for centuries, and are really good for various skin types (though, obviously, those allergic to bee products won't find this product beneficial). Personally I'll keep using it.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair