Yves Saint Laurent Fond de Teint Pinceau Eclat

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I only got this today so my opinion could change. First of all I had excellent CS from the SA who spent ages trying to get me the right match. I got number 4 which was quite neutral and fair. We tried another one which matched well but made me look drained! This matches perfectly with no tidelines visible.

I had quite clear skin and my main issue with foundation is finding something that will even out little red patches. This was just enough with no need for concealer. The foundation looks lovely and fresh on. It is brightening without looking horribly shimmery or glittery. It was applied over a primer, so I will be interested to see how it works without a primer.

Update: The brush is fine. Infact I am really liking it. It's not wonderful around my nose but it is not a disaster either.

Longevity: It lasts well though does not have the longevity of Revlon Colourstay, for example. However, this can be topped up without going cakey or orange in the evenings.

I'm having no bother not using a primer. Another reviewer has said that this is better with a primer. It probably is but my face is cleansed, toned and moisturised and I have no problems with it.

So far, the foundation has lasted well without going into melt down - as with the Lancome Miracle Touche. I like how light this feels on my skin. It is very comfortable. No need for powder either.

Time will tell if this is my HG foundation. I have two issues against it. I have never spent as much on foundation - 32 - but you do get more product for your money (40ml). My second concern is the brush applicator. I have had highlighters before where the brush applicator became a bit of a mess and spoilt an otherwise good product. We shall see. Watch this space!

on 4/6/2007 3:58:00 PM

I love this foundation! It was my first attempt at a liquid foundation, and I was pleasantly surprised by the smooth, light finish. It is easy to use, has a great scent, and makes my skin look flawless. At first, I was concerned about the application because using the brush attached to the end of the tube was very different than I was used to. But after a few days, it became very quick and comfortable. I find that it lasts all day. Great find...a definite recommendation!!

My boyfriend bought me this while on holiday in rome, when i thought my rmk creamy fdtn looked a bit thick for days and 'obvious'. The lightest shade there was #7, a beige-y tone that matched my nc25 ok, although not great (i have lightly yellow undertones and this didnt have enough yellow in) but nonetheless wasnt a bad match. Anything above #7 was way too dark. First thing i noticed was the gorgeous smell- to me its JUST like fresh FRESH watermelon!!mmmm!!The brush, isnt as bad as others make out imo, its not great, buts its not *TERRIBLE*. I apply this carefully and minimally (i hate the cakey thick obvious m/u look!) and it sets to a soft matte finish, without being cakey or powdery and gives a meduim finish and covers any redness. And this is the best bit- it stays put!!no wearing off with this fdtn- its great! Also, another thing thats really important (i took lots of pics in rome!) is it makes my skin look flawless in pics!!I have combo skin, with dry areas now its winter and as long as u use a good moisturiser this fdtn will not emphasise any dry bits. Im not sure if id re-purchase, i think i would, but id try another shade. We paid 33 euros but this was with a 15% discount in a rome dept. store

on 10/26/2006 11:47:00 PM

Wonderful sheer to medium (if you build it) coverage. Good range of colors. I purchased #5 - a soft, light beige. (I have ruddy, fair skin with a bit of yellow.) Feels very soft on the skin and lasts all day without being too dry or too dewy. (I'm a combination skin.) Soft fragrance that sort of smells like mango. Love the innovative packaging. It's a fat, flat tube you twist and squeeze to disperse the product into the built-in brush (nylon) and then apply directly to your skin. It's pricey ($50.00 in NYC), but well worth the beautiful results and feel my skin gets from it. (I can't stand most foundations, but this one blew me out of the water.)