Yves Saint Laurent Fond de Teint Pinceau Eclat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

1 review

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I only got this today so my opinion could change. First of all I had excellent CS from the SA who spent ages trying to get me the right match. I got number 4 which was quite neutral and fair. We tried another one which matched well but made me look drained! This matches perfectly with no tidelines visible.

I had quite clear skin and my main issue with foundation is finding something that will even out little red patches. This was just enough with no need for concealer. The foundation looks lovely and fresh on. It is brightening without looking horribly shimmery or glittery. It was applied over a primer, so I will be interested to see how it works without a primer.

Update: The brush is fine. Infact I am really liking it. It's not wonderful around my nose but it is not a disaster either.

Longevity: It lasts well though does not have the longevity of Revlon Colourstay, for example. However, this can be topped up without going cakey or orange in the evenings.

I'm having no bother not using a primer. Another reviewer has said that this is better with a primer. It probably is but my face is cleansed, toned and moisturised and I have no problems with it.

So far, the foundation has lasted well without going into melt down - as with the Lancome Miracle Touche. I like how light this feels on my skin. It is very comfortable. No need for powder either.

Time will tell if this is my HG foundation. I have two issues against it. I have never spent as much on foundation - 32 - but you do get more product for your money (40ml). My second concern is the brush applicator. I have had highlighters before where the brush applicator became a bit of a mess and spoilt an otherwise good product. We shall see. Watch this space!